Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
emeraldth is on a distinguished road
Question renew EAD before changing job?

Hi All,
I'm going to change my job next month. Now my current employer's attorney plans to help me to renew EAD. Shall I do it with the help of the attorney or do it by myself?
And, could anybody possibly give me a checklist about what I should do when changing employer?
For example, I'm planning to ask employer for a favor to keep responding to RFE about my case (which is may or may not possible); Should I file G-28(is that the right form?) to notify USCIS that the attorney is no longer responsible for my case?
Since I'm moving to a different state, shall I file address changing form (which one?) to USCIS? And I also need to have H1B transferred. So do those forms automatically tell USCIS that I've changed job - but I may or may not be able to use AC21 depending on the new employer (not decided yet).

Thanks,
Em
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold
Default Changing on h1b or EAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldth View Post
Hi All,
I'm going to change my job next month. Now my current employer's attorney plans to help me to renew EAD. Shall I do it with the help of the attorney or do it by myself?
And, could anybody possibly give me a checklist about what I should do when changing employer?
For example, I'm planning to ask employer for a favor to keep responding to RFE about my case (which is may or may not possible); Should I file G-28(is that the right form?) to notify USCIS that the attorney is no longer responsible for my case?
Since I'm moving to a different state, shall I file address changing form (which one?) to USCIS? And I also need to have H1B transferred. So do those forms automatically tell USCIS that I've changed job - but I may or may not be able to use AC21 depending on the new employer (not decided yet).

Thanks,
Em
First thing - Are you changing your job on h1b or EAD?

You can file for EAD yourself its a simple process and if you will search on IV you will find all the "to do list" easily.

You should either have the new cos. attorney representing you or yourself but not the old cos. attorney........Why would they care about you and your case now?

h1 transfer is nuthing but a new h1b with new employer...it only takes away old time used on old h1b. It will depend on your old employer if they will cancel your h1b or not.

You dont really have to use AC21 here and you can wait for USCIS to send a RFE when they will be approving your AOS.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
emeraldth is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks!

I'm changing on H1B.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold
Default Her employer is a liar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kothapn View Post
Advice needed. A friend of mine is on H1 with a company and she is on bench for last 2 months, she has a EAD through her husband's 485 as well which she is not using. She hasnít get paid since March and her employer now says that she is on EAD not on H1 and they donít need to pay her for bench period. Is this right? When you move from H1 to EAD, is there any documentation needed to prove the same?
Her employer is a liar and just does not want to pay her.........tell the employer that she would report to DOL ! Just coz she has an EAD does not mean anything, she would be on EAD only if she uses EAD for a job.