Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Attn folks with later priority dates!

***********Look my message down below*********************
Folks,
It is very important that the people with later priority dates for example 2007 or later for EB2 India and 2003 or later for EB3 India, assume leadership roles in IV state chapters. Currently, it is mainly the people with earlier priority dates who are active and they now after very long wait have started getting their green cards.

We don't want others to go through the same long wait and want to continue the movement by passing on the torch to the people with later PDs. These people should consider themselves lucky as they have an excellent forum to organize themselves. For most others, there was none existed, when they started their immigration journey.

You must all realize and appreciate that people have other priorities in life, work and family related. As they get their green cards they refocus to leading a Normal life and rightly so. Thus, it is upto the affected people to take charge now!. If you don't do it , this movement will die and your wait will become endless.

Just in case you are wondering , my PD is Nov 2005 EB2. And personally, I intend to become inactive the day I will get my green card and refocus my effort on another volunteer activity related to Hydrogen Fuel promotion.

I hope the message is clear!

Last edited by singhsa3; 08-13-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
SFSweta has a spectacular aura about SFSweta has a spectacular aura about SFSweta has a spectacular aura about

I personally think what you guys have done is tremendous. What does one have to do to get really involved? I'm in San Francisco and would LOVE to get more involved - especially when it comes to getting Public Relations and press attention for IV.

Your guidance please.

Sincerely,
Sweta from SF...

Old 05-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Great, I just sent you a private message, with the e-mail address of Gopal from your chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSweta View Post
I personally think what you guys have done is tremendous. What does one have to do to get really involved? I'm in San Francisco and would LOVE to get more involved - especially when it comes to getting Public Relations and press attention for IV.

Your guidance please.

Sincerely,
Sweta from SF...

Old 05-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well Said

Atleast those guys with PD 2008 should act Now or its never.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Good Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3 View Post
Folks,
It is very important that the people with later priority dates for example 2007 or later for EB2 India and 2003 or later for EB3 India, assume leadership roles in IV state chapters. Currently, it is mainly the people with earlier priority dates who are active and they now after very long wait have started getting their green cards.

We don't want others to go through the same long wait and want to continue the movement by passing on the torch to the people with later PDs. These people should consider themselves lucky as they have an excellent forum to organize themselves. For most others, there was none existed, when they started their immigration journey.

You must all realize and appreciate that people have other priorities in life, work and family related. As they get their green cards they refocus to leading a Normal life and rightly so. Thus, it is upto the affected people to take charge now!. If you don't do it this movement will die and your wait will become endless.

Just in case you are wondering my PD is Nov 2005 EB2. And personally, I intend to become inactive the day I will get my green card and refocus my effort on another volunteer activity related to Hydrogen Fuel promotion.

Singhsa3, you brought up a very very valid point. Its quite important for people with later priority dates to come forward. Think of a situation like last year (June July) when USCIS approved the GC's in bulk and majority of people with earlier priority dayes got their GC. Even though this will not create a vaccum because people will still visit IV and help the other people, but only a few with GC will contribute their time and money for the cause. This time around USCIS is approving all those people who were stucked because of FBI name checks, so very soon all EB2 from 2001 to April 2004 will happily walk away with the GC's.

I really appreciate your forward thinking. People with later priority dates must become active and start taking leadership at the state chapters.

Last edited by conchshell; 05-09-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold
Smile PD Nov 06 and willing to join hands......

Quote:
Folks,

You must all realize and appreciate that people have other priorities in life, work and family related. As they get their green cards they refocus to leading a Normal life and rightly so. Thus, it is upto the affected people to take charge now!. If you don't do it this movement will die and your wait will become endless.

Just in case you are wondering my PD is Nov 2005 EB2. And personally, I intend to become inactive the day I will get my green card and refocus my effort on another volunteer activity related to Hydrogen Fuel promotion.

Hi

My PD is Nov 06 and I would like to help......please let me know who are the key people in SF Bay Area.

Thanks

Old 05-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

great thought. Lets not let the IV torch blow out..Its crucial for Legal immigrants...

Old 05-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default MO members

Those who are in Missouri, please join MO chapter. Link in my signature below.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
venetian has a spectacular aura about venetian has a spectacular aura about venetian has a spectacular aura about

100% I agree with Singhsa.

Members with later PD's should come forward to take over the current activities and start to initiate new activities.

Quote:
Folks,
It is very important that the people with later priority dates for example 2007 or later for EB2 India and 2003 or later for EB3 India, assume leadership roles in IV state chapters. ........
* Volunteered for Administrative fix campaign

Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

---

Last edited by singhsa3; 08-13-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

I am no longer in the race. My race is over. But to look back here is what we did
a) Visited Washington DC , mostly on our own expense
b) Organized numerous meeting in NJ to increase the awareness
c) Coordinated DC rally
d) Handed overthe fliers at the India day parade urging people to come and help.
e) On the negative side for few , I also participated with few others to make all IT jobs, zone four.

What we were trying to do was not only for oneselves but ourselves. Unfortunately, the awareness is just not there. Ideally, I would have expected people with later priority dates to be more active but they are not . Almost all of "active" us had PD from early 2006 or earlier and most of them EB2. Now guess what, we are done and we could have been a great and powerful organization, but for your support. Hence, I have issues with the folks in our community for the following reasons
1. Not looking out for themselves.
2. Expecting too much from one group/persons and not taking inititative themselves.
3.Not educating themselves on what is the difference between legal /law and administrative rules, DOC VS DOL VS USCIS.
4.Not being able to analyze what can be done or cannot not be done.
5.Just being afraid to even talk to a lawmaker.
6.Asking those who take inititatives do things with an authority as if we were paid to do this on your behalf.
7.Not realizing how much your are loosing or can loose because of your precarious situation.

Quote:
Folks,

You must all realize and appreciate that people have other priorities in life, work and family related. As they get their green cards they refocus to leading a Normal life and rightly so. Thus, it is upto the affected people to take charge now!. If you don't do it , this movement will die and your wait will become endless.

Just in case you are wondering , my PD is Nov 2005 EB2. And personally, I intend to become inactive the day I will get my green card and refocus my effort on another volunteer activity related to Hydrogen Fuel promotion.

Last edited by singhsa3; 08-13-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am no longer in the race. My race is over. But to look back here is what we did
a) Visited Washington DC , mostly on our own expense
b) Organized numerous meeting in NJ to increase the awareness
c) Coordinated DC rally
d) Handed overthe fliers at the India day parade urging people to come and help.
e) On the negative side for few , I also participated with few others to make all IT jobs, zone four.

What we were trying to do was not only for oneselves but ourselves. Unfortunately, the awareness is just not there. Ideally, I would have expected people with later priority dates to be more active but they are not . Almost all of "active" us had PD from early 2006 or earlier and most of them EB2. Now guess what, we are done and we could have been a great and powerful organization, but for your support. Hence, I have issues with the folks in our community for the following reasons
1. Not looking out for themselves.
2. Expecting too much from one group/persons and not taking inititative themselves.
3.Not educating themselves on what is the difference between legal /law and administrative rules, DOC VS DOL VS USCIS.
4.Not being able to analyze what can be done or cannot not be done.
5.Just being afraid to even talk to a lawmaker.
6.Asking those who take inititatives do things with an authority as if we were paid to do this on your behalf.
7.Not realizing how much your are loosing or can loose because of your precarious situation.
Add

Fighting on the forums.
Nobody wants to contribute any money and wants it all free. They will pay lot of money to lawyers though.
Desis need to change their mentality