Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
visli_com is infamous around these parts visli_com is infamous around these parts
Default Multi Year EAD ???

I heard that we will get 2 years of EAD from now onwards. Is this real news?

Last edited by visli_com; 06-10-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Benin
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
ohmasala1 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Yes

The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security announced on 06/09/2008 that the DHS would start issuing two-year EAD beginning from end of June 2008 for the I-485 filers. Hooray!
Announcement: "I'm also pleased to announce that we will be extending the validity period of the employment authorization documents that we issue to individuals who are waiting adjustment of status to lawful permit residenture or in colloquial phrase, the green card. Currently, adjustment applications are granted employment authorization documents with only a one year maximum validity. Beginning later this month, we'll start issuing these documents with a two-year validity period for aliens who are waiting adjustment of status if their application is expected to be pending for more than a year. This, again, is eliminating a persistent source of frustration for workers who are here, who have a pending adjustment application but have to go and renew their employment documents every single year. It's going to cut the paperwork there."

Old 06-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default official link

Can someone post the link for official announcement.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lacrossegc is a splendid one to behold lacrossegc is a splendid one to behold lacrossegc is a splendid one to behold lacrossegc is a splendid one to behold lacrossegc is a splendid one to behold lacrossegc is a splendid one to behold

Hmm what about AP ... I thought the initial plan was to combine the two docs together -- EAD and AP and have just one doc

Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default What will happen to apps on June 1st week ?

My EAD renewal application was receipted from TSC on June 6th '08 and checks cashed yesterday June 9th '08

Will i be eligible for Multi-Year EAD when they will issue it or Not - They will only say that we'll start for the applications receipted on last week of June ? I have Hard Luck always dealing with this agency called USCIS

Any further details will be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmasala1 View Post
The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security announced on 06/09/2008 that the DHS would start issuing two-year EAD beginning from end of June 2008 for the I-485 filers. Hooray!
Announcement: "I'm also pleased to announce that we will be extending the validity period of the employment authorization documents that we issue to individuals who are waiting adjustment of status to lawful permit residenture or in colloquial phrase, the green card. Currently, adjustment applications are granted employment authorization documents with only a one year maximum validity. Beginning later this month, we'll start issuing these documents with a two-year validity period for aliens who are waiting adjustment of status if their application is expected to be pending for more than a year. This, again, is eliminating a persistent source of frustration for workers who are here, who have a pending adjustment application but have to go and renew their employment documents every single year. It's going to cut the paperwork there."

Old 06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute optimist has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Official Announcement

Here is the official link for the announcement:

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1213101513448.shtm

Contributions to IV so far: $1500+

Lady Macbeth: We fail? But screw your courage to the sticking-place, And we'll NOT fail!

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Everything written here is my personal opinion and may or may not be legally valid. Please consult a qualified legal advisor before making any decision.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts

here is what I found on googling..I am still not finished reading the doc but the news is OFFICIAL AND CORRECT...

Its a long page so do Ctrl+F on the page and search "we will be extending the validity period of the employment authorization documents"

Old 06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AllVNeedGcPc is just really nice AllVNeedGcPc is just really nice AllVNeedGcPc is just really nice AllVNeedGcPc is just really nice
Default Search for word "two"

Old 06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
ppt.b is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
My EAD renewal application was receipted from TSC on June 6th '08 and checks cashed yesterday June 9th '08

Will i be eligible for Multi-Year EAD when they will issue it or Not - They will only say that we'll start for the applications receipted on last week of June ? I have Hard Luck always dealing with this agency called USCIS

Any further details will be appreciated.
I have the same question. We applied for EAD online and have our FP scheduled for tomorrow.

Last edited by ppt.b; 06-10-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Source: http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1213101513448.shtm

Search for term "pleased to announce that" and you will land on that line

Old 06-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karanp25 will become famous soon enough karanp25 will become famous soon enough

The article says USCIS will start issuing EAD with 2 yr validity beginning end of this month. Unless May/June filers are overly optimistic about getting an EAD approved before end of this June, i don't see why USCIS would issue May/June filers 1 yr EAD and 2yr EAD to everyone who applies later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppt.b View Post
I have the same question. We applied for EAD online and have our FP scheduled for tomorrow. Hope late may/ early June filers get EAD with 2 yr validity.

Last edited by karanp25; 06-10-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you mean ?

TSC (Texas) is issuing EAD within 7-8 days ( at most 15 days). Most May EAD renewals from TSC is already approved with 1 yr validity. My EAD renewal checks cashed in 3 days at TSC (in NSC it took 3 months for 1st EAD)

Don't you think its discriminatory for Late May and Early June Folks ? Where do you see the Panic here - Its a matter of treating everyone equally and less hassles for everyone.

Hope you got the Point now - huh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanp25 View Post
The article says USCIS will start issuing EAD with 2 yr validity beginning end of this month. Unless May/June filers are overly optimistic about getting an EAD approved before end of this June, i don't see why USCIS would issue May/June filers 1 yr EAD and 2yr EAD to everyone who applies later. Makes no sense, other than the fact that few people here just have a habit of unneccesarily creating panic - it just ruins the good news by adding an element of uncertainity.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of
Default Why worry so much

If not this year then you will get 2 year validity when you apply next year. We know we have to keep doing it for next 10 years at least (if not rest of our life)

So cheer up, you will have another opportunity next year to get 2 years EAD

Old 06-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karanp25 will become famous soon enough karanp25 will become famous soon enough

Diptam: TSC processing times indicate they are still processing February 15th 2008 EAD applications right now. I am not sure where you get your data from.

My EAD application was filed beginning of May at NSC ---it's been over a month...no one even looked at it, , judging from LUDs.

Getting a 2 yr EAD is cutting your pain in half over the next several yrs waiting for GC...instead of being happy, it seems to me u r now complaining about discrimation of May/June EAD filers.

What about discrimination of people who filed last yr....USCIS should go all the way back when they started the GC program and fix EADs for everyone? You see my point now...huh?

I am in the same boat as you are. Instead of worrying, look at the big picture.... and try to take it in right perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
TSC (Texas) is issuing EAD within 7-8 days ( at most 15 days). Most May EAD renewals from TSC is already approved with 1 yr validity. My EAD renewal checks cashed in 3 days at TSC (in NSC it took 3 months for 1st EAD)

Dont you think its discriminatory for Late May and Early June Folks ?

Where do you see the Panic here - Its a matter of treating everyone equally and less hassles.

Last edited by karanp25; 06-10-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold

now that the mulityear EAD is a reality, the next important thing is to get clarification from USCIS about use of EAD for a part time job while doing a full time job on H1 visa. (AILA meeting discussion item currently under review!)