Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Compare
mzafar125 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Question about Labor Cert

Folks,

My labor cert was approved according to the online databse at the department of labor. My labor cert had been pending for about 4 years at this point. Here are my questions:

1. How long does it usually take the Philly backlog center to send the approved paperwork ? It has been three weeks since my labor was approved and still no word.

2. Does the approved labor paperwork go to my current employer or the lawyer ?

3. Once the labor is approved how long do I have before I can file my 1-140 ?

I appreciate all your help.
Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold
Default answers based on my experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzafar125
Folks,

My labor cert was approved according to the online databse at the department of labor. My labor cert had been pending for about 4 years at this point. Here are my questions:

1. How long does it usually take the Philly backlog center to send the approved paperwork ? It has been three weeks since my labor was approved and still no word.

2. Does the approved labor paperwork go to my current employer or the lawyer ?

3. Once the labor is approved how long do I have before I can file my 1-140 ?

I appreciate all your help.
Thanks!

1. About 3 weeks (I got mine approved last month)
2. It should go to the lawyer
3. You can file your I140 at any time. The earlier the better especially if you are on annual H1 extensions as an approved I140 will give you a 3 year extension.

Last edited by qualified_trash; 10-19-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Compare
mzafar125 is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for your reply

Much appreciated

Old 10-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MannyD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualified_trash
1. About 3 weeks (I got mine approved last month)
2. It should go to the lawyer
3. You can file your I140 at any time. The earlier the better especially if you are on annual H1 extensions as an approved I140 will give you a 3 year extension.
On #2, you will get a courtesy copy of just the certificate letter at your home address. You will get this even if you've moved, if you filed AR11 with USCIS after moving.

On #3, I recollect there was a move to require filing 140 within specified number of days after LC (45 days??). I'm not sure if this came thru, but don't think it did.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold

I once received someone else's LC at my new address. While I have filed my AR11, I am not sure if they share the information. LC is from DOL while AR11 goes to the State Department.

If I do get a courtesy copy, I will definitley post the info here.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyD
On #2, you will get a courtesy copy of just the certificate letter at your home address. You will get this even if you've moved, if you filed AR11 with USCIS after moving.

On #3, I recollect there was a move to require filing 140 within specified number of days after LC (45 days??). I'm not sure if this came thru, but don't think it did.
The move to require filing I140 within 45 days of LC is still pending and it's part of the overall move to cancel labor substitution.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough
Default hi

I have a similar situation too.I have been waiting for a month.My lawyer says that we should wait for another month as 4 weeks is normal and another 4 weeks can be taken as tolerance limit.
Anyhow,lets wait.I485 is retrogressed anyways,so its kind of okay.