Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

Why are you guys picking on useless arguements ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1 View Post
H1b and GC are sponsered by employer and they have to pay. If employer asks employee to pay the expenses then that company is not legitimate and persons should avoid joining those companies. Most reputed companies will pay all the expenses of GC and H1b. Some will ask employees to pay for dependents EAD,AP etc.

Consulting companies ask employees to pay GC and H1b if employees want to work hourly. That means employees wanted more money and they are taking risk(Also working hourly is against the H1b regulations as they have more chance for falling out of status).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default Here ia another one

I was talking with my American Collegue about this Visa numbers and he heard this & decided to write a letter.I have toned down the harsh language ...but you can consider sending this out also..
Attached Files
File Type: doc Visa Predict.doc (22.5 KB, 60 views)

Old 08-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

guys, Please send out these letters....
------------------------------------------

To, 08/15/2008

Charles Oppenheim / Visa Section
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

From,

Your Name/Your Address/EB-3 India Applicant
Priority Date: May 2003
Some City,
OK-2#####

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Statistics on Employment Based AOS(Adjustment of Status) applications pending at USCIS under various categories

I am writing to you to express my sense of helplessness over the unpredictability of Visa Number allotment to various employment based category. I want to bring to your attention that it’s been nearly a “Decade” since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.

It is important to know that despite of severe visa retrogression and random visa cutoff date movements, USICIS or DOS hasn’t released any official information on how many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS under various categories which leaves thousands of AOS(Adjustment of Status) applicants in complete darkness and dependent on guessing games by various Law firms.

A green card application requires enormous amount of efforts and money from the beneficiary and his/her employer. People who are waiting for 7-8 years now would have had already spent average $15,000-$20,000, in maintaining their statuses and keep the Green Card process going on. Being stuck in a green card process keeps us bonded with 1 employer, job type etc.
We need to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. We need to know for how long we have to live our life in limbo. If there is hope than we need to be patient and plan to live like that for another 1-2 years. But if there’s no light at the end of the tunnel than we need to move on with our careers and other family commitments. Only your office and USCIS can help us by releasing statistics on the number and categories of applications pending with USCIS people waiting in this category can plan their lives accordingly.

It will be a great help if DOS or USCIS could tell us about the number of AOS application pending at USCIS along with their Categories(EB-3, EB-2, EB-1) and chargeable country.
We have been waiting for a decade and continue to wait would it be reasonable to request you for some guidance with regards to the Visa allotment. I request your office to provide some statistics on home many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS.

We understand that you work with in the limits of the law as set by the Congress and are limited by various constraints that are beyond your agency realm of work. We appreciate your hard work and sincerely thank you for all the hard work.

God Bless America!

Thank you for you attention,

(Your Name OR EB-3 India Applicant )
Priority Date: April 02
Category: EB-3
Member ImmigrationVoice.Org

Copy Sent to

Honorable Secretary of State
Dr. Condoleezza Rice
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Honorable Director, USCIS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Senator John Cornyn
Chairman - United States Senate Judiciary subCommittee on
Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2934
Fax: 202-228-2856

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Chairwoman - United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship,
Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
102 Cannon HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3072

Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Hong Kong
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
GCScrewed has a spectacular aura about GCScrewed has a spectacular aura about GCScrewed has a spectacular aura about
Cool Maybe a lawsuit can be filed too???

This just dawned on me. They are supposed to following the current law of per country limit first before distributing it. But how come all the EB3 countries are not available while they are distributing "extra" visas to overscribed countries? Countries like Iceland should always be current as they do not have a lot of EB immigrants. So you would excpect that at least some countries still have EB3 visas. However, it is not the case.

The purpose is to demonstrate that they do not have a process to follow the law. They screwed up before and they are screwing up again now. There have been other facts about their mismanagement that can be used to make the case. Therefore, they should compensate people who have been here patiently waiting with good faith... one way is to speed up processing cases pending for more than 5 years.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All:

Appreciate all the groundwork you have done so far with reference to sending out mail.

I am based out of DC Metro area and would like to initiate / participate in meeting the lawmakers about the EB3 Issue and bringing it to their attention.

We need to do something about it NOW.

I am willing to take off from work and meet with whoever concerned would make a difference.

Senior Members we need your inputs.

Thanks,
K

Called Senators and Congressmen/women to support the Murray Amendment and HR Bills

http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter
Proud Member & Leader of IV-MD-DC-VA Chapter
GREENED: Nov 2011
SUPPORT RECURRING CONTRIBUTIONS

Disclaimer: Please consult an experienced attorney for the best consultation in your matters as my knowledge is hearsay or book read & am not a licensed attorney.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Situation of EB3-India can be changed only via changing law notably 5882.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default eb3 is clogged

someone atleast give us an idea of how many ppl are waiting in Eb3.
USCIS is such a black box, can they tell us if we are going to get it in this lifetime. They've already wasted 250K.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

We need support from Core members in pushing EB3. We dont see much activitiy on this front..

Old 08-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Guys please send out these letters, It needs 20 minutes of your time & about $2 stamps. But it can really save us lot of time and anxiety, as, if it goes well with Rep. Zoe Lofgren or Senator Cornyn they can mandate USCIS to publish these statistics. Rep. Logfren has done this in the past(mandating USCIS & DOS) she may do it for us....

-----

To,

Charles Oppenheim / Visa Section
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

From,

Your Name/Your Address/EB-3 India Applicant
Priority Date: May 2003
Some City,
OK-2#####

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Statistics on Employment Based AOS(Adjustment of Status) applications pending at USCIS under various categories

I am writing to you to express my sense of helplessness over the unpredictability of Visa Number allotment to various employment based category. I want to bring to your attention that it’s been nearly a “Decade” since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.

It is important to know that despite of severe visa retrogression and random visa cutoff date movements, USICIS or DOS hasn’t released any official information on how many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS under various categories which leaves thousands of AOS(Adjustment of Status) applicants in complete darkness and dependent on guessing games by various Law firms.

A green card application requires enormous amount of efforts and money from the beneficiary and his/her employer. People who are waiting for 7-8 years now would have had already spent average $15,000-$20,000, in maintaining their statuses and keep the Green Card process going on. Being stuck in a green card process keeps us bonded with 1 employer, job type etc.
We need to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. We need to know for how long we have to live our life in limbo. If there is hope than we need to be patient and plan to live like that for another 1-2 years. But if there’s no light at the end of the tunnel than we need to move on with our careers and other family commitments. Only your office and USCIS can help us by releasing statistics on the number and categories of applications pending with USCIS people waiting in this category can plan their lives accordingly.

It will be a great help if DOS or USCIS could tell us about the number of AOS application pending at USCIS along with their Categories(EB-3, EB-2, EB-1) and chargeable country.
We have been waiting for a decade and continue to wait would it be reasonable to request you for some guidance with regards to the Visa allotment. I request your office to provide some statistics on home many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS.

We understand that you work with in the limits of the law as set by the Congress and are limited by various constraints that are beyond your agency realm of work. We appreciate your hard work and sincerely thank you for all the hard work.

God Bless America!

Thank you for you attention,

(Your Name OR EB-3 India Applicant )
Priority Date: April 02
Category: EB-3
Member ImmigrationVoice.Org

Copy Sent to

Honorable Secretary of State
Dr. Condoleezza Rice
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Honorable Director, USCIS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Senator John Cornyn
Chairman - United States Senate Judiciary subCommittee on
Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2934
Fax: 202-228-2856

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Chairwoman - United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship,
Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
102 Cannon HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3072

Old 08-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold

GC Life screwed me badly, couldn't file in EB2 2 times even though eligible because of a couple of idiots, only action item I can think for myself is re file in EB-2 which I am doing it very soon and have an appointment wirh Mr.Khanna tomorrow.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

What if you spend 3-4 K in the new GC process, and after writing these letters USCIS wakes up and release statistics that they have 2000 EB-3 I pending for 2002/2003 and 1000 for 2004 will you still go ahead ? I guess for us the most important thing is to know how many cases are really pending. As I am not filing a new EB-2 and what if there are 15K cases in 2002/2003 and 50K in 2004, I'll be sitting here all my life looking at Visa bulletins
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
GC Life screwed me badly, couldn't file in EB2 2 times even though eligible because of a couple of idiots, only action item I can think for myself is re file in EB-2 which I am doing it very soon and have an appointment wirh Mr.Khanna tomorrow.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default I support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
What if you spend 3-4 K in the new GC process, and after writing these letters USCIS wakes up and release statistics that they have 2000 EB-3 I pending for 2002/2003 and 1000 for 2004 will you still go ahead ? I guess for us the most important thing is to know how many cases are really pending. As I am not filing a new EB-2 and what if there are 15K cases in 2002/2003 and 50K in 2004, I'll be sitting here all my life looking at Visa bulletins

Getting the information would be of tremendous help. I already have my GC but I will write the letter after the necessary modification to reflect my status.

Also, I feel we need more participation in the recapture bill.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
You are forgetting the re-distribution of spill over rules which has affected the processing speed of different categories. So it doesnt matter how many numbers are pending in EB3 past years, its surely greater than the country limits based on past visa usage data. So it does make a lot of sense to port to EB2. Some one who applied in EB2 India in 2008 is likely to get GC before someone who applied in EB3 India 2003/2004 based on current situation.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice
Exclamation

grupak/mirage/pani6

i support your efforts and have printed out and sent letters to the people mentioned. Momentum for release of information should build up even if we have 50-100 letters from affected people...otherwise people won't know of EB-3 IND's plight.

I suppose we should followup with phone calls in 15 days to cement our request. We should have a poll on who all has sent the letter and made the call.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Yesterday I filled up the appointment form of my local congressman. I will try if I can meet him and he could probably write to the public officials or could talk to rep. Zo Lofgren. In my opinion if we can somehow inform Rep. Lofgren, she will certainly do something. She seems really(genuinely) concerned for the plight of Green Card seekers...
I would request everybody to find out ways and channels to get this information to her....
Quote:
Originally Posted by purgan View Post
grupak/mirage/pani6

i support your efforts and have printed out and sent letters to the people mentioned. Momentum for release of information should build up even if we have 50-100 letters from affected people...otherwise people won't know of EB-3 IND's plight.

I suppose we should followup with phone calls in 15 days to cement our request. We should have a poll on who all has sent the letter and made the call.