Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

What you are saying is absolutely right and there is no doubt what you are doing is the need of this hour but my guess is most of the people who are still waiting from 2001.2002 or 2003 have some reasons to Not do it. For me my employer is not ready to take the pain of going thru another GC process, even though I pay all the expenses, and I am not able to find a sponsor, I'm sure there are many in similar situation..
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecupid View Post
You are forgetting the re-distribution of spill over rules which has affected the processing speed of different categories. So it doesnt matter how many numbers are pending in EB3 past years, its surely greater than the country limits based on past visa usage data. So it does make a lot of sense to port to EB2. Some one who applied in EB2 India in 2008 is likely to get GC before someone who applied in EB3 India 2003/2004 based on current situation.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sj2273 will become famous soon enough
Default Done

done!

Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can some body update the letter

I also wanted to send the letter, but saw a ton of comments on the original letter. It would be a good idea, if some one goes thru the comments and update the letter in the original post. I think we should all send a decent letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgan View Post
grupak/mirage/pani6

i support your efforts and have printed out and sent letters to the people mentioned. Momentum for release of information should build up even if we have 50-100 letters from affected people...otherwise people won't know of EB-3 IND's plight.

I suppose we should followup with phone calls in 15 days to cement our request. We should have a poll on who all has sent the letter and made the call.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

This is what we are sending..

Charles Oppenheim / Visa Section
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

From,

Your Name/Your Address/EB-3 India Applicant
Priority Date: May 2003
Some City,
OK-2#####

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Statistics on Employment Based AOS(Adjustment of Status) applications pending at USCIS under various categories

I am writing to you to express my sense of helplessness over the unpredictability of Visa Number allotment to various employment based category. I want to bring to your attention that it’s been nearly a “Decade” since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.

It is important to know that despite of severe visa retrogression and random visa cutoff date movements, USICIS or DOS hasn’t released any official information on how many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS under various categories which leaves thousands of AOS(Adjustment of Status) applicants in complete darkness and dependent on guessing games by various Law firms.

A green card application requires enormous amount of efforts and money from the beneficiary and his/her employer. People who are waiting for 7-8 years now would have had already spent average $15,000-$20,000, in maintaining their statuses and keep the Green Card process going on. Being stuck in a green card process keeps us bonded with 1 employer, job type etc.
We need to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. We need to know for how long we have to live our life in limbo. If there is hope than we need to be patient and plan to live like that for another 1-2 years. But if there’s no light at the end of the tunnel than we need to move on with our careers and other family commitments. Only your office and USCIS can help us by releasing statistics on the number and categories of applications pending with USCIS people waiting in this category can plan their lives accordingly.

It will be a great help if DOS or USCIS could tell us about the number of AOS application pending at USCIS along with their Categories(EB-3, EB-2, EB-1) and chargeable country.
We have been waiting for a decade and continue to wait would it be reasonable to request you for some guidance with regards to the Visa allotment. I request your office to provide some statistics on home many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS.

We understand that you work with in the limits of the law as set by the Congress and are limited by various constraints that are beyond your agency realm of work. We appreciate your hard work and sincerely thank you for all the hard work.

God Bless America!

Thank you for you attention,

(Your Name OR EB-3 India Applicant )
Priority Date: April 02
Category: EB-3
Member ImmigrationVoice.Org

Copy Sent to

Honorable Secretary of State
Dr. Condoleezza Rice
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Honorable Director, USCIS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Senator John Cornyn
Chairman - United States Senate Judiciary subCommittee on
Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2934
Fax: 202-228-2856

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Chairwoman - United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship,
Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
102 Cannon HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3072

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
I also wanted to send the letter, but saw a ton of comments on the original letter. It would be a good idea, if some one goes thru the comments and update the letter in the original post. I think we should all send a decent letter.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

you can modify the letter posted by mirage to include your details. i had updated it to the following.

I understand that the visa allotment process is constrained by the laws passed by the Congress, USCIS should also understand that applicants from retrogressed countries that have spent significant years of their careers waiting without any indication or guidelines as to when their dates will be current. I am sure everyone will understand the futility of waiting in a line where your position keeps increasing or decreasing every month with no end in sight.
It will help us make concrete long term decisions if you could provide the following information for the retrogressed countries.

-- number of pending EB1, EB 3 and EB 2 AOS cases per year for retrogressed countries from 1999-2008.
-- number of unallocated EB visas from 1996-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post

Last edited by 485Mbe4001; 08-18-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2004
Compare
gene77 is on a distinguished road
Default Final content

Please continue to post your comments on the letter - the sooner we can all agree upon the content, the sooner we can start sending these out.

Also, is there a possibility of having a common meeting (all retrogressed EB3 candidates) with Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren expressing our situation - just a thought.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can't we use FOIA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene77 View Post
Please continue to post your comments on the letter - the sooner we can all agree upon the content, the sooner we can start sending these out.

Also, is there a possibility of having a common meeting (all retrogressed EB3 candidates) with Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren expressing our situation - just a thought.
Can't we request this info under Freedom of Information Act?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Please don't wait to reach a consenus on the content, take a cue from this letter and modify it to put your own experience..bottomline is to get the word out to Senator Cornyn & Rep. Lofgren. I am sure they will do something if we can get them this info...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene77 View Post

Old 08-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ bump ^^

Old 08-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default I have sent out over 300 in all

From friends and Family

Old 08-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
zoooom is just really nice zoooom is just really nice zoooom is just really nice zoooom is just really nice zoooom is just really nice

Bump

Contributed #5 for HIGH Five Drive (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20183)

Called Senators and sent Mails....

Old 08-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Guys Please send thi out.

Guys Please send this out. It'll take 20 minutes and less than $2 of postage stamps...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charles Oppenheim / Visa Section
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

From,

Your Name/Your Address/EB-3 India Applicant
Priority Date: May 2003
Some City,
OK-2#####

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Statistics on Employment Based AOS(Adjustment of Status) applications pending at USCIS under various categories

I am writing to you to express my sense of helplessness over the unpredictability of Visa Number allotment to various employment based category. I want to bring to your attention that it’s been nearly a “Decade” since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.

It is important to know that despite of severe visa retrogression and random visa cutoff date movements, USICIS or DOS hasn’t released any official information on how many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS under various categories which leaves thousands of AOS(Adjustment of Status) applicants in complete darkness and dependent on guessing games by various Law firms.

A green card application requires enormous amount of efforts and money from the beneficiary and his/her employer. People who are waiting for 7-8 years now would have had already spent average $15,000-$20,000, in maintaining their statuses and keep the Green Card process going on. Being stuck in a green card process keeps us bonded with 1 employer, job type etc.
We need to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. We need to know for how long we have to live our life in limbo. If there is hope than we need to be patient and plan to live like that for another 1-2 years. But if there’s no light at the end of the tunnel than we need to move on with our careers and other family commitments. Only your office and USCIS can help us by releasing statistics on the number and categories of applications pending with USCIS people waiting in this category can plan their lives accordingly.

It will be a great help if DOS or USCIS could tell us about the number of AOS application pending at USCIS along with their Categories(EB-3, EB-2, EB-1) and chargeable country.
We have been waiting for a decade and continue to wait would it be reasonable to request you for some guidance with regards to the Visa allotment. I request your office to provide some statistics on home many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS.

We understand that you work with in the limits of the law as set by the Congress and are limited by various constraints that are beyond your agency realm of work. We appreciate your hard work and sincerely thank you for all the hard work.

God Bless America!

Thank you for you attention,

(Your Name OR EB-3 India Applicant )
Priority Date: April 02
Category: EB-3
Member ImmigrationVoice.Org

Copy Sent to

Honorable Secretary of State
Dr. Condoleezza Rice
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Honorable Director, USCIS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Senator John Cornyn
Chairman - United States Senate Judiciary subCommittee on
Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2934
Fax: 202-228-2856

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Chairwoman - United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship,
Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
102 Cannon HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3072

Old 08-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
miapplicant is a glorious beacon of light miapplicant is a glorious beacon of light miapplicant is a glorious beacon of light miapplicant is a glorious beacon of light miapplicant is a glorious beacon of light
Default IV core in agreement

I am happy to send out this letter. Have done this before but I wanted to know if IV core supports our efforts in sending this letter. Please pardon me, I am not trying to qs the validity of this letter or anything else with this but I haven't heard or read anything from IV core regarding the EB-3 I plight and their course of action (again excuse me if I have misjudged). I would like to hear from IV core on this. Thanks again.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

bump

Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-00
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of
Default bump

bump