Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default EB-3 India ACTION ITEM

EB-3 I wake up and send the letter out..we need to make relevant authorities aware of our situation. Uncertanity and doom stares us come on EB-3 I lets see some action!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Predicting EB3.doc (32.5 KB, 522 views)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Edit the doc

If somebody is sending this letter, please do not send it without taking care of word-suggested corrections. There are too many green lines, most of the times because of spacing between two words.

OP - My intention is not to offend you but to point out the need for improvement in the document.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pani_6 View Post
EB-3 I wake up and send the letter out..we need to make relevant authorities aware of our situation. Uncertanity and doom stares us come on EB-3 I lets see some action!
Hi Pani_6 -

In your letter, the subject line is "Employment Based (EB-3) green card applicants waiting over a Decade"

How it be a decade, when your PD is 2001 or later? Even for EB-2, the wait time is 4-5 years.

Your letter should be based on facts and not on emotions (that, usually, tends to cloud the good judgment)

Good Luck! I hope you get GC soon.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:45 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

Pani,
Thanks for Drafting this letter. I would add Rep. Zoe Logfren(Chairwoman of the immigartion subcommittee in the house & Senator John Cornyn Chairman of the immigartion subcommittee in the Senate) officials usually respond when things are addressed to Lawmakers too..
Guys please send out this letter.

I will appreciate if you could add these 2 in your 'Copy to' section...

Senator John Cornyn
Chairman - United States Senate Judiciary subCommittee on
Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2934
Fax: 202-228-2856

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Chairwoman - United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship,
Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
102 Cannon HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3072

Thanks

Old 08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

I would request everybody to send out the mails ASAP. This will certainly help....
----------------
Pani, I was not able to upload the word doc. Can you make a word document from this and upload it...

-------------------------------------------------------

To, 08/05/2008

Charles Oppenheim / Visa Section
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

From,

Your Name/Your Address/EB-3 India Applicant
Priority Date: May 2003
Some City,
OK-2#####

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Statistics on Employment Based AOS(Adjustment of Status) applications pending at USCIS under various categories

I am writing to you to express my sense of helplessness over the unpredictability of Visa Number allotment to various employment based category. I want to bring to your attention that it’s been nearly a “Decade” since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.

It is important to know that despite of severe visa retrogression and random visa cutoff date movements, USICIS or DOS hasn’t released any official information on how many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS under various categories which leaves thousands of AOS(Adjustment of Status) applicants in complete darkness and dependent on guessing games by various Law firms.

A green card application requires enormous amount of efforts and money from the beneficiary and his/her employer. People who are waiting for 7-8 years now would have had already spent average $15,000-$20,000, in maintaining their statuses and keep the Green Card process going on. Being stuck in a green card process keeps us bonded with 1 employer, job type etc.
We need to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. We need to know for how long we have to live our life in limbo. If there is hope than we need to be patient and plan to live like that for another 1-2 years. But if there’s no light at the end of the tunnel than we need to move on with our careers and other family commitments. Only your office and USCIS can help us by releasing statistics on the number and categories of applications pending with USCIS people waiting in this category can plan their lives accordingly.

It will be a great help if DOS or USCIS could tell us about the number of AOS application pending at USCIS along with their Categories(EB-3, EB-2, EB-1) and chargeable country.
We have been waiting for a decade and continue to wait would it be reasonable to request you for some guidance with regards to the Visa allotment. I request your office to provide some statistics on home many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS.

We understand that you work with in the limits of the law as set by the Congress and are limited by various constraints that are beyond your agency realm of work. We appreciate your hard work and sincerely thank you for all the hard work.

God Bless America!

Thank you for you attention,

(Your Name OR EB-3 India Applicant )
Priority Date: April 02
Category: EB-3
Member ImmigrationVoice.Org

Copy Sent to

Honorable Secretary of State
Dr. Condoleezza Rice
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Honorable Director, USCIS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Senator John Cornyn
Chairman - United States Senate Judiciary subCommittee on
Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2934
Fax: 202-228-2856

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Chairwoman - United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship,
Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
102 Cannon HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3072

Old 08-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute

>> I want to bring to your attention that it’s been nearly a “Decade” since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.

Not correct. Please refer to visa bulletin. It has changed many times in last 10 years. In fact, last year it was current for EB-3. Again, please state facts only.

>> A green card application requires enormous amount of efforts and money from the beneficiary and his/her employer. People who are waiting for 7-8 years now would have had already spent average $15,000-$20,000, in maintaining their statuses and keep the Green Card process going on.

Greencard processing is based on employer-driven process. Most of the cost should be borne by the employer.

One should be responsible only for I-485 related fees. How it can be $15,000+.

Do you have any basis to back this claim of average $15,000-$20,000.

>> Being stuck in a green card process keeps us bonded with 1 employer, job type etc.

Why are you bonded? You are free to join any employer of your choice.
After 180 days of I-485 filing date, one can avail AC-21 as well.

>> We have been waiting for a decade and continue to wait would it be reasonable to request you for some guidance with regards to the Visa allotment.

Are you really waiting for a decade?

>> We understand that you work with in the limits of the law ...

Same holds for person who has filed for I-485.

Again, I truly understand the frustration for EB-3 India applicants, but letter should be based on facts and words like bonded should be avoided. One should be able to back every single line of the letter.

Good Luck.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

There's no law that employer should borne the cost of GC. I have spent almost 10K in my GC process until last year and 2K this year for EADs and APs. I spend about 3 K in one more GC process I started several years back which I abandoned because I changed the emloyer. I Spent 1000s of dollars in Visa stamping, H4 renewals. And yes I'm stuck for almost a decade. There are atleast 10 people I know who are in similar situations, so I'm guessing there'll be thousands in USA. These are facts it may not apply to you but does apply to lot of people here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi3933 View Post
>> I want to bring to your attention that it’s been nearly a “Decade” since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.

Good Luck.[/color][/b]

Old 08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
There's no law that employer should borne the cost of GC.
I suggest you talk to your lawyer first. The cost of Labor and I-140 should be borne by the employer as they are employer's petitions.

Quote:
I have spent almost 10K in my GC process until last year and 2K this year for EADs and APs.
2K for EAD and AP this year alone! Let us see how many people on this forum has spend that much on EAD and AP. Paying high legal fees is NOT a basis to seek remedy.

Quote:
I spend about 3 K in one more GC process I started several years back which I abandoned because I changed the emloyer.
That was your choice.

Quote:
I Spent 1000s of dollars in Visa stamping, H4 renewals. And yes I'm stuck for almost a decade.
H1/H4 and Green Card processing are not related to each other. H1 is for current job and GC is for the future job.

Quote:
There are at least 10 people I know who are in similar situations, so I'm guessing there'll be thousands in USA. These are facts it may not apply to you but does apply to lot of people here...
One hand, you are saying guessing and still insist that it is based on facts.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I'm telling them my condition, and I know there are lot of people in the same boat. Again you need to talk to the lawyer about GC cost. Emplyee can bear all the GC related cost.
EAD/AP 360*2 + 305*3(Spouse + son) is almost 2K.
If your facts are different put that in writing and send it to them. Please stop telling me my facts. Also I have no idea why you are on this thread, please ignore this thread if it doesn't apply to you...

Quote:
I suggest you talk to your lawyer first. The cost of Labor and I-140 should be borne by the employer as they are employer's petitions.

2K for EAD and AP this year alone! Let us see how many people on this forum has spend that much on EAD and AP. Paying high legal fees is NOT a basis to seek remedy.

That was your choice.

H1/H4 and Green Card processing are not related to each other. H1 is for current job and GC is for the future job.

One hand, you are saying guessing and still insist that it is based on facts.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Since you don't know that EB-3 PD was Nov-2001 before it became unavailable it tells me that you are not EB-3 India.
I believe this thread is not for you please move on. Please don't disrupt something not meant for you and not going to harm you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet View Post
Read in red above and comments on it below:
1- You are telling the person writing visa bulletin that he does not do his job right.

Sorry to be blunt, but I find this letter factually incorrect and lacks a purpose that will help us.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
GCapplicant is just really nice GCapplicant is just really nice GCapplicant is just really nice GCapplicant is just really nice

Quote:
I'm telling them my condition, and I know there are lot of people in the same boat. Again you need to talk to the lawyer about GC cost. Emplyee can bear all the GC related cost.
If your facts are different put that in writing and send it to them. Please stop telling me my facts. Also I have no idea why you are on this thread, please ignore this thread if it doesn't apply to you...

Desi3933

I don't understand why you are picking up on facts and faults on other post.What mirage is saying is true.I know 3 families stuck up in this GC process...all true cases.

There are some lucky people who have bought old labor substiution who came to US in 2004 and got their GC's cleared and are very .

Some really who have come here to study...living in US for past 10 years genuine appliers are really stuck in this.They have all applied their labor and got them cleared only dec 2006.

people who are interested can send those letters if not ignore the thread.

If you are EB2 good for you...Its not that easy to change jobs having families..and when you are satisfied with the employer ,why would they change.

Everyone here want GC to stay in this country.And we all are here to find solutions thru IV - active participation is better.

Pani's letter is not that bad...if you dont like alter what you want to express and send it.People can write what they are facing only.

this is not an argument...just felt bad when you were point blankly picking on them.

I dont undestand

But one thing I understand there are many , in general like to irritate and hurt other's sentiments and thoughts and pinpoint only faults.

Becoz of this lack of unity only ,most of us face problems.

Last edited by GCapplicant; 08-04-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCapplicant View Post
Desi3933

I don't understand why you are picking up on facts and faults on other post.What mirage is saying is true.I know 3 families stuck up in this GC process...all true cases.

There are some lucky people who have bought old labor substitution who came to US in 2004 and got their GC's cleared and are very .

Some really who have come here to study...living in US for past 10 years genuine appliers are really stuck in this.They have all applied their labor and got them cleared only dec 2006.

people who are interested can send those letters if not ignore the thread.

If you are EB2 good for you...Its not that easy to change jobs having families..and when you are satisfied with the employer ,why would they change.

Everyone here want GC to stay in this country.And we all are here to find solutions thru IV - active participation is better.

Pani's letter is not that bad...if you dont like alter what you want to express and send it.People can write what they are facing only.

this is not an argument...just felt bad when you were point blankly picking on them.

I dont undestand

But one thing I understand there are many , in general like to irritate and hurt other's sentiments and thoughts and pinpoint only faults.

Becoz of this lack of unity only ,most of us face problems.
First of all, I do support issues faced by EB-3 India applicants. However, a letter with many factual errors and words like bonded is not going to help. I am just trying to present my views.

If I were OP, I will at least show my letter for some kind of legal review before sending. After all who would like to make condition bad to worse?

Please refer to post by internet couple of posts back. He has raised many good points.

Good Luck to everyone!

Old 08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

FYI ..sorry to be blunt...your profile contains significant factual errors, please correct those first...just trying to help you as you are trying to help us. together we shall overcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet View Post
Read in red above and comments on it below:
1- You are telling the person writing visa bulletin that he does not do his job right.

Sorry to be blunt, but I find this letter factually incorrect and lacks a purpose that will help us.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I'm telling them my condition, and I know there are lot of people in the same boat. Again you need to talk to the lawyer about GC cost. Employee can bear all the GC related cost.
I got red dots, just because I raised my concerns against factual errors in the letter. I have never mentioned that I am against sending letters. Just that emotional outburst is not going to help EB-3 India applicants.

Good Luck and I hope everyone gets GC soon.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I never give any red or green dot to anybody nor do I care what I have. As, you said what you felt was right, other users did the same to you...

Quote:
I got red dots, just because I raised my concerns against factual errors in the letter. I have never mentioned that I am against sending letters. Just that emotional outburst is not going to help EB-3 India applicants.

Good Luck and I hope everyone gets GC soon.