Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
prioritydate has a spectacular aura about prioritydate has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Lot ot Tension and Headache.

I know before you start blaming me for this thread, as it is of no use, I would like to point out that most of you must be experiencing the same thing. I didn't care much for Visa bulletin until it became current for EB2 two weeks back. As the time progress, I am doing all sorts of things, like checking USCIS case status, and checking everything that can possibly give me some information. I know that it is waste of time, I know it is not good for health, I know that I will get GC when time comes, but still, my mind is tricking me to think about it. I checked all these forums until 2A.M last night. I am not having enough sleep. I am waiting for a opportunity to get rid of my desi employer. I am really getting frustrated (I am not saying that I have been waiting for GC approval desperately). I just want to share my frustration and what I have been going through. I know I am in a better position than most of other people whose priority date is not even current. I wish they never dangled a carrot in front of me. I am not sure if they disappoint me next month, but I am still keeping my hopes. Hopefully, I would get over this and have enough sleep from today.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sankap is a jewel in the rough sankap is a jewel in the rough sankap is a jewel in the rough sankap is a jewel in the rough
Default Anxiety

You said: "...my mind is tricking me to think about it. I checked all these forums until 2A.M last night. I am not having enough sleep...I am really getting frustrated ..."

I'd strongly recommend you to seek medical advice for possible anxiety.

Last edited by sankap; 07-25-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Minor changes
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
GCMATRIX is on a distinguished road

Take Infopass appointment to relieve your anxiety little bit . I took infopass on Aug 8 to know what is happening to my I-485

Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
greensignal has a spectacular aura about greensignal has a spectacular aura about greensignal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by prioritydate View Post
I know before you start blaming me for this thread, as it is of no use, I would like to point out that most of you must be experiencing the same thing. I didn't care much for Visa bulletin until it became current for EB2 two weeks back. As the time progress, I am doing all sorts of things, like checking USCIS case status, and checking everything that can possibly give me some information. I know that it is waste of time, I know it is not good for health, I know that I will get GC when time comes, but still, my mind is tricking me to think about it. I checked all these forums until 2A.M last night. I am not having enough sleep. I am waiting for a opportunity to get rid of my desi employer. I am really getting frustrated (I am not saying that I have been waiting for GC approval desperately). I just want to share my frustration and what I have been going through. I know I am in a better position than most of other people whose priority date is not even current. I wish they never dangled a carrot in front of me. I am not sure if they disappoint me next month, but I am still keeping my hopes. Hopefully, I would get over this and have enough sleep from today.

Do this: Be happy with what you already have and expect (donít worry) more good things in life. Just compare with somebody who doesn't even have food, clothes, shelter, health care, etc... in their lives.

You are VERY fortunate to make it to US and living a decent life than most of the Indians.

Cheer up....
Contributed $150 so far
Attended DC Rally.
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

Old 07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute malaGCPahije has a reputation beyond repute
Default expection is the root cause

Quote:
I met a guy yesterday who applied for GC in 1998. EB3-I. Has not got his GC yet. You would expect him to feel worse than what you feel. But he was completely relaxed. Reason, he does not expect his GC anymore.

Be happy that your PD is going to be current. But remove any expectation. If you get the GC, enjoy and party. If you do not, you will get it soon sometime later. Once the expectation of something is out, you will suffer less.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

A lot many can empathize with you. But if you are looking for relief - you ought to take responsibility for how you feel. You already understand the forces of nature - you will get your GC when it's your time. If anything your needless frustration and forceful attempts are only interfering with the energies that have made your PD current.

Just relax - get some exercise, eat well and participate in things that lift your soul.

Good luck!

Quote:

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

Old 07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vghc View Post
Look back and recall the time when you told yourself that if you ever made it to the US, you are going to visit place A or do thing B. Go kayaking, enjoy the countryside, join a hiking group, play some sports and etc. US have lots to offer us if we just let go and start enjoying life. Good Luck!!
Probably he wants to quit his employer, move on to a better paying job and do all that you have asked him to do

Old 07-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCMATRIX View Post
Take Infopass appointment to relieve your anxiety little bit . I took infopass on Aug 8 to know what is happening to my I-485
Did not know infopass is a cure for anxiety and sleeplessness. Lot of doctors are about to lose their patients
Donated $200 (after receiving Green Card)
US Citizen Sep '14

Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice

I also have a PD in the same year as yours (May 2004), but my I-140 is still pending. God alone knows when it will be cleared. But I try not to think about it.

Instead, imagine as if you already have your GC. If you suddenly get it one day, think about what your next steps are going to be. If you want to join a new company, think and plan about ways you will be able to market yourself. Plan for the future. You have plenty of time now to do research and analysis, because as soon as th GC comes, you will need to put your plan into action. Everything happens for the best. Assuming your whole life is ahead of you, what is a 4-5 year wait. This too shall pass.

I have observed that on an average an EB2 ought to get their GC in 5-6 years from when they applied for labor, whereas for EB3 it is around 6-7 years. Now folks may get it sooner and it depends on individual case, but my observation tells me the above. So plan accordingly.

Don't let anyone take your happiness from you. Only you determine how you feel and you can choose to be all depressed about it or not not worry about it and focus on something else. It is just a state of mind.

Perhaps a couple of years after you get your GC, you will look back and think how resilient you have become because of this long wait. If nothing you have gained a virtue - patience.
I485 RD - 07/17/2007, ND - 08/15/2007
I485 RFE Recvd - 07/31/2009
I485 RFE Responded - 08/12/2009
Recieved 2 year EADs and 3 APs so far
Funding Drive contribution of $100
Visa Recapture Funding Drive contribution $100
Made two 1 time contributions of $100 ($200 so far)
Faxed letters to Immigration Sub-Committee for Bill H.R 5882

Old 07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(1) GC, (2) Career and (3) Life are three different things -

(1) Don't expect GC to in your mail box next week or in 6 months or in 12 months.
(2) You can not pursue your career to higher level because roles and responsibilities are tied to it, nothing can be done.
(3) Life is in your control, do ac21 and move on with your day to day life. (1) & (2) will fall into your hands someday.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lord_labaku will become famous soon enough

You are suffering from a form of COLTS disease. It is a man made disease affecting potential immigrants to the US, usually for those whose cases are pending at USCIS. This was not one of the diseases screened at Ellis Island in New York. This disease developed only recently. Search this forum if you want more info on this disease, symptoms.

Effective symptomatic remedies include abstaining from reading immigration related forums, pursuing interesting hobbies & diverting mind to other relaxing activities.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default This is a bit natural ...

Because you are a man and you are from Mars. Men are that way .. they always live in future and somehow completely forget that its the present that they need to live fully and enjoy to the maximum extent. Women live more in present and that's why you will see very few of them stressing themselves out on these forums.

My wife always reminds me this. According to her, its ok to read forums and keep yourself updates with what's going on ... but don't get to much into it, otherwise you will loose your peace of mind.

So I have found my own way ... I am completely into these forums and no matter how hard I try I can not escape from it (you remember.. I am from Mars ... worrying about future is my nature ... so after I get my GC, I will find next topic to worry about ... may it will be abut the US economy or may be how my son's future shapes up), but at the same time I try to convert my frustration to a positive energy by thinking new ways to solve the problem, and contributing them to various forums at IV.

I think you have reached to a state, where you feel disturbed. I would recommend that contribute to IV in a positive manner .... it may be ideas, money, support, organizational work or any other thing. I think this is the only way you can recover from this GC Depression.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell View Post

My wife always reminds me this. According to her, its ok to read forums and keep yourself updates with what's going on ... but don't get to much into it, otherwise you will loose your peace of mind.
It is not about you browsing on this forum continously..it is about you not paying attention to your wife continoulsy.

Even if there would no IV..wife will tell you the same for some other stuff you are following vigourously.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantu View Post
It is not about you browsing on this forum continously..it is about you not paying attention to your wife continoulsy.

Even if there would no IV..wife will tell you the same for some other stuff you are following vigourously.
I know how you feel Chantu ... but what to do they all are from venus

Old 07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold
Default Quite natural

I think we all have this OCD to keep checking IV. I am in EB3 and i know nothing is going to happen to my 485 for the next 3 or more years, i myself keep checking IV, no wonder why you dont want to....

Atleast be happy that you have a probability that you will get it by aug, think about all the rest of us who dont know what will ever happen and when we may get freed from the clutches of desi employer.....

May be we should all become afghani translators or get religious visa and apply again in EB4 / EB5