Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default Don't feed bad Babu

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa View Post
Ok guys,
Why exactly are we thrashing someone who is still helping out IV even after his GC was approved? On the one hand we lament that people run off never to be seen again once they get their GC, on the other we flame them when they return.
Exactly!! I am a bit surprised to see a strong reaction to Babu's post. Are we thrashing him because he has enough red points? Anyway, some people brought up a valid discussion point. Was it ethical for him to post about his business on IV or not. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong if someone does this. We always dreamed about making IV an immigrant community where people can hold hands even after getting their green cards, and share there dreams, success, problems, and challenges with other immigrants. Please understand that if we really want immigration reforms, we need support from everyone, so that we can demonstrate how people contribute to America after getting their green card.

Babu, my congratulations to you, for taking a courageous step of initiating a start up. It requires lots of guts to start something new. We still need you and your help so that people who are stuck in the GC mess can come out. We need every drop and every man/woman to make it possible. I am glad that even one year after your GC, you came back to IV and shared your know how with us.

So instead of bashing him and his company, we should make a section on IV website, where we can list people like Babu, and respect their entrepreneurship.

Now let me share my experience at IV after getting the GC approval. When I posted the news, I was showered with congratulations, and some of the congratulating members went on and gave me some red points!! Why?? Is that because some of us feel bad when others are getting their GCs? Don't you think that the day you will get your GC, you would also like to share the news with all the people with whom you struggled in past couple of years?? Honestly, whether I get red or green points, really does not matter to me. I am not aiming to become an IV board member

So I think the burning question is: Do we really want people like me to support IV by contributing money, efforts, thoughts, passion, and support OR you want us to just go away because some people feel that after getting the GC we are an outcast and don't deserve to be called an "Immigrant" anymore??

Last edited by conchshell; 08-18-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

Conchshell, your intentions are really good and we appreciate that but we doubt babu's intentions.

If he really wanted to say that he is checking on us and saying hello and telling us about his contributions, that's fine, but his real intention was to get some publicity to his company.

Even if we go by what you say and allow hard working immigrants to advertise their business, don't you think we would be creating a free for all situation?. Then everybody will start advertising their businesses, even antis and illegal immigrants will start advertising their business using anonymous handles. Do we really want this?.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2008
Compare
prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough
Default Customer feedback on site even before it was created.

"Adam Rosen
Just writing you a quick note to let you know how pleased I have been with the service you have provided over the years. You have always been able to both diagnose and correct any problems quickly and at a reasonable cost. As you know, I have referred you to numerous friends and clients, all of whom have been equally pleased with your services.

Posted on June 20, 2008
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desi3933 View Post
You must be doing "very good" as domain was created on July 16th. I hope you didn't start this business after losing your job.

===== This is public record info ======
Whois Record

Registrant:
S Babu
Henderson, Nevada 89044
United States

Domain Name:
Created on: 16-Jul-08
Expires on: 16-Jul-11
Last Updated on: 16-Jul-08

***** Deleted other info ****

Last edited by Administrator2; 08-19-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbaby View Post
We can forgive a person who is trying to divide us into small groups (like against EB3 Porting to EB2), because they are also right now suffering and trying to get something done.

But the second paragraph he wrote is a mess. How can one think of selling on poor.

You seem to be very senior and I have been here for a very short period. Visiting all threads, there are so many, getting green card, say thanks and go out. Some came back with some suggestions. But I have never seen anyone posting like this.

Does anyone care about anyone's business here... If he is leading a good life, we are happy, thats all we want to know.

Agree with you, I apologize for it even if his intentions are towards insulting us or promoting his business.

Ok insbaby,

WHERE in the poster's post do you find him "promoting" his business? All he mentioned was, that what his life was after the GC and that he has started a company. I dont see any mention of him trying to "sell" anything (unless he did originally and then later updated his post, which I don't think was the case).

And how is this in any way "INSULTING" to any of us? So an ex IV member cannot say hi on the IV forum to the people he shared his struggles with?

Why is everyone on here overly touchy?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mmmm....

Quote:
Ok insbaby,

WHERE in the poster's post do you find him "promoting" his business? All he mentioned was, that what his life was after the GC and that he has started a company. I dont see any mention of him trying to "sell" anything (unless he did originally and then later updated his post, which I don't think was the case).

And how is this in any way "INSULTING" to any of us? So an ex IV member cannot say hi on the IV forum to the people he shared his struggles with?

Redeye is correct.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

IV is a well indexed site... if you put your link in the forums here... you have a shot at enhancing your page rank..

btw.. all that the "nice" people here can do is give me red for injecting some humor here. ease up peeps

Quote:
Ok insbaby,

Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

that 4 page website is a company..?

how many employees do you have?
3? .. you, your cat and the racoon going through your trash in the kitchen?

Get a life!

As they say
If your life sucks before GC..
it will suck after GC

Sorry guys... i just couldn't resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbabunle View Post
Hello guys
Its my first anniversary after receiving green card.
How are you all doing? I come here time to time and contact
senators/congressman and occasionally donate money etc.
Hope all of you are doing great. Wish all of you will get your GCs.
My tips to relatively new people

1) Follow up your case at local office and calling National Cust Service
2) Support IV

On a personal note, life's been much stressless with GC. No worry
about job changes, parole extensal and all that bullshit. I and couple
of my friends started a company . Its
going good so far. Wish you guyz all the best.

babu
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Last edited by Administrator2; 08-19-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2004
Compare
sbabunle is on a distinguished road
Smile

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for your criticism. There are 2 things here.

1) Is it ethical to post /publicize here?
I don't know the answer. If so moderators feel free to delete this thread.
I will hold no ill feelings to anybody.

2) Our business. We are making a ton money and we are quite happy about
it. And we are proud of our Firm. Somebody asked about H1B. Yes we have 8 H1Bs working for us right as middle vendor. Honestly, I expected some publicity by posting here. More than that, I thought I'm sharing my success with my friends and fellow beings with whom I stand so strongly for a cause. What a catastrophe!
I know many of you are filled with so much hate and hopelessness. Its okay
that you vented that on me. If any of you need project let me know. I could place you

Thanks a lot conchshell. At least you got my motive. Its a lil disheartening
people attacking me so much like this. Well I forgive them . As Mother Teresa said "You see in
the final analysis; it is between you and God. It was never between you and
them anyway". After all who cares. We are living in a world where Gandhi get murdered.
So I have no chance.

By the way I'm glad IV fixed the login problem. I had a hard time to
login many times. By the way I'm not an exIV. I'm still IV

If people who got GC cannot come here and post anything please let me know.
I will never come back.

God bless all with green cards.

best regards
babu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell View Post
Exactly!! I am a bit surprised to see a strong reaction to Babu's post. Are we thrashing him because he has enough red points? Anyway, some people brought up a valid discussion point. Was it ethical for him to post about his business on IV or not. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong if someone does this. We always dreamed about making IV an immigrant community where people can hold hands even after getting their green cards, and share there dreams, success, problems, and challenges with other immigrants. Please understand that if we really want immigration reforms, we need support from everyone, so that we can demonstrate how people contribute to America after getting their green card.

Babu, my congratulations to you, for taking a courageous step of initiating a start up. It requires lots of guts to start something new. We still need you and your help so that people who are stuck in the GC mess can come out. We need every drop and every man/woman to make it possible. I am glad that even one year after your GC, you came back to IV and shared your know how with us.

So instead of bashing him and his company, we should make a section on IV website, where we can list people like Babu, and respect their entrepreneurship.

Now let me share my experience at IV after getting the GC approval. When I posted the news, I was showered with congratulations, and some of the congratulating members went on and gave me some red points!! Why?? Is that because some of us feel bad when others are getting their GCs? Don't you think that the day you will get your GC, you would also like to share the news with all the people with whom you struggled in past couple of years?? Honestly, whether I get red or green points, really does not matter to me. I am not aiming to become an IV board member

So I think the burning question is: Do we really want people like me to support IV by contributing money, efforts, thoughts, passion, and support OR you want us to just go away because some people feel that after getting the GC we are an outcast and don't deserve to be called an "Immigrant" anymore??

Last edited by sbabunle; 08-18-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now you got the answer.

Quote:
Ok insbaby,

Now all your questions are answered by the poster.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Desichakit has a spectacular aura about Desichakit has a spectacular aura about
Default Hello

When you Posted Your Post my First thought was You want Publicity. Now after getting that you are posting it as self Pity that if People do not want you then you should quit.

If you really care about IV then you should still come here.

A) When we will be mobilising for HR5882 then do call all in Congress

Old 08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadn View Post

"Adam Rosen
Just writing you a quick note to let you know how pleased I have been with the service you have provided over the years. You have always been able to both diagnose and correct any problems quickly and at a reasonable cost. As you know, I have referred you to numerous friends and clients, all of whom have been equally pleased with your services.

Posted on June 20, 2008
"
Dude ever heard about time travel? Stop spending all of your life on IV forums, and get around, read what new travel options, including time travel. I hear hybrid-time-traveler is going to be released soon. And the first 60K of those will get free HOV access!!

Oh, BTW: disclaimer from time-traveler manufacturers. Time-travel will not get you your GC's sooner. Though it can help your wait extend beyond the reach of time (although USCIS provides that as a standard option for EB3 filers).

Last edited by Administrator2; 08-19-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbabunle View Post
Dear All,
Thanks a lot for your criticism. There are 2 things here.

1) Is it ethical to post /publicize here?
I don't know the answer. If so moderators feel free to delete this thread.
I will hold no ill feelings to anybody.

2) Our business. We are making a ton money and we are quite happy about
it. And we are proud of our Firm. Somebody asked about H1B. Yes we have 8 H1Bs working for us right as middle vendor. Honestly, I expected some publicity by posting here. More than that, I thought I'm sharing my success with my friends and fellow beings with whom I stand so strongly for a cause. What a catastrophe!
I know many of you are filled with so much hate and hopelessness. Its okay
that you vented that on me. If any of you need project let me know. I could place you

Thanks a lot conchshell. At least you got my motive. Its a lil disheartening
people attacking me so much like this. Well I forgive them . As Mother Teresa said "You see in
the final analysis; it is between you and God. It was never between you and
them anyway". After all who cares. We are living in a world where Gandhi get murdered.
So I have no chance.

By the way I'm glad IV fixed the login problem. I had a hard time to
login many times. By the way I'm not an exIV. I'm still IV

If people who got GC cannot come here and post anything please let me know.
I will never come back.

God bless all with green cards.

best regards
babu.
A little disappointed with your intentions there babu. IV core has said this time and time again, that IV is NOT a website for people to solicit their goods and services, no matter what they are. You can visit all you want and participate in the activities, but please take the soliciting elsewhere.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold

I do not think there was any necessity to mention name of his company. Just mentioning that he had started a company would have sufficed.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default And what's wrong with that... !!

Apparently, you've never been in business before.
Businesses get started without any paperwork being filed, let alone registering a domain name or creating a web site.

Web sites get created days/weeks/months - even a year or more in many cases - after a domain is registered.

Meanwhile, the person/people/company (registered or not) can be in business, servicing customers, getting great feedback and word-of-mouth. And it's certainly valid to post such feedback on the web site once it's created.

The right thing to do would've been to simply congratulate the person on his success and applaud him for continuing to contribute in whatever manner possible, imho.

Tomorrow, if you start out on your own, you'd want any free publicity/visibility as you or your company/organization can get. You would also want to tell your friends/colleagues/fellow participants in the same struggle about your new venture. It's a form of networking, and shouldn't be condemned as long as it is within certain norms. This one was, imho again.

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadn View Post

"Adam Rosen

Posted on June 20, 2008
"
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Last edited by Administrator2; 08-19-2008 at 01:23 AM.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/05/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Pegasus503 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok guys,

Why exactly are we thrashing someone who is still helping out IV even after his GC was approved? On the one hand we lament that people run off never to be seen again once they get their GC, on the other we flame them when they return.
Amen

I too look in every few weeks, but It's disappointing to see the cynical attitudes and rudeness.

Even the inter-racial bias between nationalities reflects poorly on the participants and detracts from the real reason why this forum is useful.
i-140, RD 16 Oct 2006: ND 20 Oct 2006: AD 24 Oct 2006: LUD 5 Aug 2007, 25 Jan 2008

i-485, ROW: RD 7 May 2007, Texas, finger-prints 23 June 2007: LUD 25 June 2007, 27 Nov 2007, 28 Nov 2007, 29 Nov 2007, 3 Dec 2007, 4 Dec 2007, 28 Jan 2008: RFE 28 Oct 2007, Approved 12 Mar 2008, Card ordered 12 Mar 2008.