Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa numbers for EB2 India China Over

As per one of the patrons on another thread an IO showed him a memo recieved by USCIS suggesting that all Visa numbers for EB2 India/China were exhausted

Chapter Link

All Michigan Members, please PM me your
First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

TOTAL : $ 1800+ till date along with Recurring contributions since April 07
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu25 View Post
As per one of the patrons on another thread an IO showed him a memo recieved by USCIS suggesting that all Visa numbers for EB2 India/China were exhausted
Originally Posted by cableching
I had a Fingerprint appointment for my EAD today at ASC, after the fingerptints, I went to the IO to ask about my Namecheck status, she's very nice lady, though I didn't have an Infopass appointment for any enquiry, she did offer to help. She showed me DOS Memo she just received about no more visas for India/China EB2 for this fiscal year. She did infoact show us the memo.

She did check mine and my wife's Name Check. Luckily our name check is cleared and she told we have to just wait for the visa numbers.

Chapter Link

First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

Old 08-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute

So, what should we now complain about and who should we write the letters to? that's all I need to know.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of
Talking funny...

Come on we do more than just complain... we also wait patiently for years :-)

WI State Chapter - http://groups.google.com/group/iv-wi-mw?hl=en

Old 08-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdang View Post
Come on we do more than just complain... we also wait patiently for years :-)
For EB3, they wait for decades

Old 08-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Compare
ivofindia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don't lose hope!!!

This does not mean we will not be seeing any approvals now. USICS might have assigned the visa numbers to lot of pending EB2 I-485 applications. They will be adjudicating those cases in few days. So folks keep the faith , keep bugging USCIS (call them day and night) and check immigrationvoice.org every 2 minutes and also don't forget to check your emails and uscis.gov website for CRIS updates every minute

God bless us all!!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice
Default Does not seem to be correct

For some reason this does not sound right. If there was spillover of 20000+ visas (of course, this was an assumption), have we seen that many approvals? To me the approvals seemed normal, not much.

Hope this info is incorrect.
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. The views and opinions expressed here are my own. Please consult an immigration attorney for expert professional advice.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I had a Fingerprint appointment for my EAD today at ASC, after the fingerptints, I went to the IO to ask about my Namecheck status, she's very nice lady, though I didn't have an Infopass appointment for any enquiry, she did offer to help. She showed me DOS Memo she just received about no more visas for India/China EB2 for this fiscal year. She did infoact show us the memo.

She did check mine and my wife's Name Check. Luckily our name check is cleared and she told we have to just wait for the visa numbers.
Infopass and FP are done at 2 different places. if the document is an internal memo - then the IO will NOT show it to us.

Lets not go by this unless it is from a credible source

Old 08-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2006
Compare
SunnySurya will become famous soon enough SunnySurya will become famous soon enough

Is there ways to confirm this?
Quote:

Old 08-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold
Default dont trust these guys

We have been fooled so many times in the past with the predictions of the visa allocation being over etc. I would take this with a grain of salt.

Whenever someone starts the thread with a line "A friendly IO told me blah blah blah"....my response is *YAWN*

Old 08-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Default This Info Could Be Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by gconmymind View Post
For some reason this does not sound right. If there was spillover of 20000+ visas (of course, this was an assumption), have we seen that many approvals? To me the approvals seemed normal, not much.

Hope this info is incorrect.

THIS INFO COULD VERY WELL BE CORRECT FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST.

DOS allocates visa numbers for each month, for consulates across the world and USCIS here to adjudicate 485s. They provide these agencies with the priority dates for approval + a limit. This could have been used up for the month of AUGUST.

The spill over from FAMILY CATEGORY can only be used starting from SEPTEMBER 01 2008. Otherwise it won't go with the interpretation of the law.

Also the spillover from EB1 (for august 2008 and anything remaining for the current year) will be applied on September 01.

So, what this means is: The numbers available as per the visa bulletin for AUGUST is over. Does not mean, it's over altogether.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2006
Compare
SunnySurya will become famous soon enough SunnySurya will become famous soon enough

R u sure about this? Where did u hear this from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
[b]
The spill over from FAMILY CATEGORY can only be used starting from SEPTEMBER 01 2008. Otherwise it won't go with the interpretation of the law.

Also the spillover from EB1 (for august 2008 and anything remaining for the current year) will be applied on September 01.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
THIS INFO COULD VERY WELL BE CORRECT FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST.

DOS allocates visa numbers for each month, for consulates across the world and USCIS here to adjudicate 485s. They provide these agencies with the priority dates for approval + a limit. This could have been used up for the month of AUGUST.

So, what this means is: The numbers available as per the visa bulletin for AUGUST is over. Does not mean, it's over altogether.

The theory does sound right but why will they wait to apply the spillover when the dates are current already abd it just moved 2 months in the August Bulletin for September dates

Chapter Link

First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

Last edited by chintu25; 08-21-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: add info

Old 08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jitnair is on a distinguished road
Default Hope this is not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanguy View Post
We have been fooled so many times in the past with the predictions of the visa allocation being over etc. I would take this with a grain of salt.

Whenever someone starts the thread with a line "A friendly IO told me blah blah blah"....my response is *YAWN*
http://www.mitbbs.com/article_t/Immi.../31262714.html

Hard to believe as the very same DOS moved EB2 dates "Forward" for September bulletin. So make be some fake.

Anyone had a chance to talk to NSC today? Did they have anything to say?

Old 08-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySurya View Post
R u sure about this? Where did u hear this from?

Spillover mentioned in the "VISA BULLETIN FOR SEPTEMBER 2008" can only be used in the timeframe Sept-01-2008 till Sept-30-2008.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_4328.html

Last edited by realizeit; 08-21-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: 2008