Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2012
Compare
yibornindia is a jewel in the rough yibornindia is a jewel in the rough yibornindia is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down being born in India is a Bad Karma or what?

Many people asked about my username: does it say "Why I was born in India?"*

Yes, this is my question if its a Bad Karma or what? Its not that I do not love my home country, but my country of birth is an issue in some sense for sure.

I have a good friend of mine, neighbour and co-worker who came to US just 19 months ago. He is from one of the neighbouring country of India. He is a good person, and he won me very first day when he said "we are all basically same people, only seperated by borders". So this is not against him or anyone personally.

The reason for this thread is: Today he received much awaited CRIS email stating that his GC got approved. Our employer started his GC process barely a year and 5 months before. While I am atleast happy for him, I can't help but think about my GC which is pending for more than 4.5 years. All I can do is login everyday to check LUD and get disappointed.

We both are in EB2 and only difference is: I came almost 7 years before him to US and also did my masters here. The more I think about this it really frustrates me if being born in India is a Bad Karma or what?

* many ppl failed to understand the sarcasm in this post. Yes, this is a sarcasm. What I am actually trying is to highlight the flaw in policy which affects all of those from so called retrogressed countries.

Last edited by yibornindia; 09-03-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

This is modern castism.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
superdoc is a jewel in the rough superdoc is a jewel in the rough superdoc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yibornindia View Post
Many people asked about my username: does it say "Why I was born in India?"

Yes, this is my question if its a Bad Karma or what? Its not that I do not love my home country, but my country of birth is an issue in some sense for sure.

I have a good friend of mine, neighbour and co-worker who came to US just 19 months ago. He is from one of the neighbouring country of India. He is a good person, and he won me very first day when he said "we are all basically same people, only seperated by borders". So this is not against him or anyone personally.

The reason for this thread is: Today he received much awaited CRIS email stating that his GC got approved. Our employer started his GC process barely a year and 5 months before. While I am atleast happy for him, I can't help but think about my GC which is pending for more than 4.5 years. All I can do is login everyday to check LUD and get disappointed.

We both are in EB2 and only difference is: I came almost 7 years before him to US and also did my masters here. The more I think about this it really frustrates me if being born in India is a Bad Karma or what?
DUDE..I THANK MYSELF THAT I WAS BORN ON THE INDIAN SIDE OF BORDER EVERY FREAKING DAY!...Whatevr said and done we were born and lived thru a democratic india..with right to to do whatever and say whatever..

Look at it this way..we are going from NYC to London via Pacific Ocean and most people just cross the Atlantic..eventually we will make it..
PD Apr 2006

I 485 - waiting --;;

Old 09-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up No

Quote:

My friend,
It's not a bad karma to be born in India, India is a good place with a diverse polulation of people who share love and happiness.
The problem is the Indians who migrated here and for their selfish reasons opened body shop companies to expolit H1b visa.

I was rejected two years in a row for an H1b, and it hurt when I saw people from India got it, without any education from US.

It is the body shops, who have spoilt not only the H1b visa systems, but have also lead to greencard backlogs.

But dont worry one of these days somone will walk in to homeland security or department of commerce and relate the truth, just like illegal immigrants have been on fire, these small body shops will be on fire too.

I feel bad for Indians who are fooled in India and brought over here, poor lads have to live in small corporate appartments then thrown from one place to another.

I think we all should do something about this problem.
Funny things is, we who are stuck in this limbo or have worked hard are the ones who understand each other. Body shops look at us like parts. Use and Throw

Last edited by kumarc123; 09-03-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute

If you start asking yourself these type of questions there is no end to it.
Some more dumb questions for you ponder about:
1)Why were you not born to a celebrity?
2)Why were you not born to a super rich person
3)Why were you not born more intelligent so that you would earn enough credits to qualify for EB1
4)Why were you not born in some poverty ridden country so that you would only worry about your next meal and not things like GC etc?

They dont make much sense do they? So does your first question...If you dont like my answer, please try not to ask such questions on a public forum....it will only confuse you more.

Quote:

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very lucky person get birth in India..

Durlabham Janmay Bharatam..

Translation : Its very hard to get birth in India..

USA is not goal of life.. Many indians even are in panic in USA. Its a great tool to earn money that is.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down based on birth? doesn't sound right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
My friend,
Is is not a bad karma to be born in India, India is a good place with a diverse polulation of people who share love and happiness.
The problem is the Indians who migrated here and for their selfish reasons opened body shop companies to expolit H1b visa.

I was rejected two years in a row for an H1b, and it hurt when I saw people from India got it, without any education from US.

It is the body shops, who have spoilt not only the H1b visa systems, bu have also lead to greencard backlogs.

But dont worry one of these days somone will walk in to homeland security or department of commerce and relate the truth, just like illegal immigrants have been on fire, these small body shops will be on fire too.

I feel bad for Indians who are foolded in India and brought over here, poor lads have to live in small corporate appartments then thrown from one place to another.

I guess the bigger problem here is the retrogression based on country of birth - why skilled ppl should be discriminated based on country of birth? I would, if I would have to have, prefer deiscrmination based on educational qualificiation or skill set or industry experience or professional certification or.. so on. But based on birth? doesn't sound right to me.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
Funny things is, we who are stuck in this limbo or have worked hard are the ones who understand each other. Body shops look at us like parts. Use and Throw
It doesn't matter whether you are in a bodyshop or a big American corporation. Here we are all "use and throw" parts ( aka resources).

Old 09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
sushilup is a glorious beacon of light sushilup is a glorious beacon of light sushilup is a glorious beacon of light sushilup is a glorious beacon of light sushilup is a glorious beacon of light
Default Its not bad Karma...its U....

Its not bad Karma...its U....

My friend I am on similar boat as u...might b equally disappointed as u..

BUT I WILL never blame my country....or anyone's country
There is no fair division in anything...think of just anything...even here in USA or any country

- its u who can make difference...instead of blaming ur country
- many have done it and they r from India....no need to name it

IMAGINE WHAT U GOT BEING AN INDIAN....COMPARE with trillion other people who are worse than u

- India has given u education
- U what whatever u r

* THE BAD PART IS U...WHO JUST WANT TO BLAME AND BLAME AND BLAME

Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts
Default Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_on_demand View Post
Durlabham Janmay Bharatam..

Translation : Its very hard to get birth in India..

USA is not goal of life.. Many indians even are in panic in USA. Its a great tool to earn money that is.
You are correct. It is because of our bad Karma we are born in India and came here for living...

Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice
Default GC or delayed GC or no GC, Proud to be an Indian!!

Cannot stop living because of the lack of GC. Whatever happens with the GC, I am proud to be born in India. America is a great country as well. I dont think I would like to live anywhere else in the world....its either USA or India for me!!

Of course, country based discrimination in the GC process...that's something I HATE!!!
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. The views and opinions expressed here are my own. Please consult an immigration attorney for expert professional advice.

Last edited by gconmymind; 09-03-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute

My friend who ever wrote this along with your disapproval
"u don't get the real point here dude"...care to explain dude??

After thought: Its not your being born in India thats your bad karma...its your decision to migrate to US which is discriminating based on the country of origin.
Blame the US immigration policy or yourself.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2012
Compare
yibornindia is a jewel in the rough yibornindia is a jewel in the rough yibornindia is a jewel in the rough
Angry red markers - do not bother

wow - from 3 green to 4 Reds in just few minutes.

I guess this explains. Most of us do not want to fight any descrimination. (or failed to read the sarcasm towards wrong policy...) We just want to accept whatever it is.

Those who thinks that this is against any country... No it is not. This is against the injustince. Injustince to me because I am born in certain country, which makes little sense when we are talking about skilled people - and not about visa lottery.

Last edited by yibornindia; 09-03-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2002
Compare
Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future Junky has a brilliant future
Default Donít worry you will get your GC soon just hang in there buddy.

Dude, do not even think about being born in any neighboring country. At least in India there is a democracy & stable Government (may not be perfect). I agree folks get there GC faster as compared to the retrograded countries but believe me there is lot more than just being born in the another country for the sake of GC. Donít worry you will get your GC soon just hang in there buddy.
Good Luck with your GC Process.

Quote:

Old 09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb2_immigrant is a splendid one to behold eb2_immigrant is a splendid one to behold eb2_immigrant is a splendid one to behold eb2_immigrant is a splendid one to behold eb2_immigrant is a splendid one to behold eb2_immigrant is a splendid one to behold eb2_immigrant is a splendid one to behold eb2_immigrant is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Good Karma

Chill out guys,

I understand your frustration. We (retrogressed) have invested lot of time and money for GC. Look at the big picture. In my opinion GC is not everything; sure it gives us employment freedom and some flexibility to work as we like and to have better life in USA only.

We are born as humans because of good karma. We are working in USA and making better money, living better life than several people because of good karma.

I agree with jayleno and chantu.

What if there was a rule that GC would be issued only after 7 or 8 years after filing for it. I am sure nothing would be different except less frustration and curiosity for people?
I-485 - Aug 3 2010-Approved
EAD & AP renewal efiled Jun 6
EAD renewal 2 yrs approved Aug 28 2008 Card received 9/3
AP renewal approved Jul 28
LUD on 485
5/20 ->AR11
9/5 & 9/8
TSC