Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold
Default 140/485 Required Documents

Can someone here on this forum list down all the documents that are required to file 140 and 485. Or if this has been discussed in a thread can you please point me to the right forum?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2003
Compare
arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute

these site/threads will give more insights regd this issue:

check the following threads:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1707

check the following uscis site -- under link immigration forms link on top and click I-140/I-485 application links:

http://www.uscis.gov/

check the general I-140/I-485 issues threads and FAQ threads in immigrationportal:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sho...d.php?t=225746

good luck!!!

Disclaimer: I'm not an immigration attroney, consult one for your situations, as laws/procedures keep changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh
Can someone here on this forum list down all the documents that are required to file 140 and 485. Or if this has been discussed in a thread can you please point me to the right forum?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iviviv is on a distinguished road

Are passport photographs needed?

Old 11-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2003
Compare
arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute
Default photo spec

yes, you need passport size photograph (2x2 inch) for AP/EAD. when you file I-485, you will file EAD/AP and for that you need photographs. you need atleast 2 photographs for EAD and 2 photographs for AP. check the photograph specifications in EAD/AP form instructions or in USCIS website. USCIS is very specific about the photograph, I know couple of friends whose EAD applications are sent back when they did meet their specifications. so pay attention to their specifications.

check these websites for your reference inaddition to USCIS.gov:

http://www.usvisanews.com/uscisphoto/guide.pdf

http://www.usvisanews.com/uscisphoto/

Disclaimer: I'm not an immigration attroney so please consult one for your situations as laws/procedures are changing constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviviv
Are passport photographs needed?

Old 11-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

I would request people to google such trivial infomation. It is avaialble on thousands of websites

Old 11-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCSOON-Ihope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are you sure you want to do it on your own? If it was that easy, everybody would do it. Considering all the potential pitfalls, it just puzzles me why somebody would go for such a process on their own.
What are you trying to achieve? Save some bucks or show that you are smarter than other people? Even to save a lot of bucks, I don't see how I would do it without a reputed attorney.
Yes they are expensive, but there is a good reason for it: you are buying their expertise. Don't you think that it is worth it?

Anyway, that's just me...Good luck to you.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

BTW - I140 has to be filed by a sponsor Company and as far as I485 is concerned, you can do it on ur own, but it has to be based off of LC and I140 approvals which are with your Company..so its very difficult to file 485 on ur own..

Sounds like somegchuh wants to know this to be ready with documentation when his Company is ready to file for 140/485 ( some day)

Old 11-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold

What's with the attitude? Did I say that I am filing these on my own?

Anyway, I am just trying to do some legwork to find out the required documentation so that I know that my lawyer is doing. If you enough grey matter and have been thru the immigration process you will know that lawyers can screw up and it is in your best interest to cross check with people who have done this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSOON-Ihope
Are you sure you want to do it on your own? If it was that easy, everybody would do it. Considering all the potential pitfalls, it just puzzles me why somebody would go for such a process on their own.
What are you trying to achieve? Save some bucks or show that you are smarter than other people? Even to save a lot of bucks, I don't see how I would do it without a reputed attorney.
Yes they are expensive, but there is a good reason for it: you are buying their expertise. Don't you think that it is worth it?

Anyway, that's just me...Good luck to you.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Some people are really highly sprung and get mad very quickly!
If you had expressed yourself better (from your first post, I believed you wanted to file by yourself), I wouldn't have bothered with my response.
Saying that, you are right: attorneys do screw up. It happened to me...
But practically speaking, considering how complex a file can be, good luck to you on checking an attorney's job.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Last word?

So just to have the last word you somehow went in deleted all the following posts after your post? Good going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSOON-Ihope
Some people are really highly sprung and get mad very quickly!
If you had expressed yourself better (from your first post, I believed you wanted to file by yourself), I wouldn't have bothered with my response.
Saying that, you are right: attorneys do screw up. It happened to me...
But practically speaking, considering how complex a file can be, good luck to you on checking an attorney's job.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
So just to have the last word you somehow went in deleted all the following posts after your post? Good going!

No, my dear, I did not delete anything! Mr.Pappu maybe?
Alright, now you have to answer again to get the last word!
Hurry up before the censorship deletes everything (they must be tired of us)!