Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice

Point is all want GC fast. That will not come by fighting between EB2/EB3.
It takes realization of how important skilled immigrants are to US economy.
So Lets not fight within us, lets do what it takes to get what we want.

I come from india, and abt 300 years back fighting between the indian kings led to india being ruled by a foreign nation for 100 years!. Grow up folks , realise what you want!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1234 View Post
Well, you supported gctest by saying that EB3 consultants work for sleazy, body-shopping companies which clearly implied that EB3 consultants are third class and sleazy. Why don't you just retract the original post of yours and the reds will disappear?
Here is what I wrote.
Well, I don't think gctest is against EB3. He is against consultants from sleazy bodyshopping companies, which is right.

Tell me how did you deduce that I am saying that EB3 consultants work for sleazy, body-shopping companies and IMPLIED that they are third-class.
There is NO logical connection. It is actually YOU who is telling me that those consultants are third-class and that is visible in the quoted post above.
After this financial sector meltdown, many big brains may end up working for these sleazy firms to save their H1B, which is NOT wrong. It's again, the choices that you make. I am sure most of them would have other options too.

I am sorry, I can live with reds but I will not be a conformist.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctest View Post
You want me to come here and argue with people who can barely speak/write good english? People who defy the basic tenets of an argument.. (attacking the person as opposed to attacking the argument)?
So freakin' true.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold
Default You need some life...

If you have health insurance (which I doubt) go to some doc. and get some life injected. That will certainly help you in your current situation and you may be able to jump to EB1.

May God Bless You.

Quote:
EB2 india/china... see this..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21828 (Finally)
and then see this
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21833 (Long wait ahead for EB2/EB3 I/C)

ab bajao ghanti... aur chup chap baithe raho
(translation: sit there like a paraplegic in the line and do nothing ... while a massive line jumping is in process... you will keep seeing while all these EB3 "bodyshopped consultants" will continue to slowly port their PDs and get approved ahead of you.. EB2 I/C is in for a really really long wait.
Honestly, these consultants don't even have an H1B worthy job: its not a permanent job offer. They don't get paid fulltime. Let alone their eligibility for a GC ....what a scam!

We need to let uscis know and audit all current and past approved cases from these consultants)

FYI ...With support from a few people .. we are in the process of filing a Direct injunction for stoppage and immediate audit of interfiled/approved cases. But more support would be appreciated.

PD- Sept 2002
I-140 - Nov 2005
485 filed- June 29th
Notice date First week of Aug
EAD approved - Mid Aug
FP Done in Late Aug
AP Approved

Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesGC_NoGC View Post
If you have health insurance (which I doubt) go to some doc. and get some life injected. That will certainly help you in your current situation and you may be able to jump to EB1.

May God Bless You.

This post molests the definition of argument/debate, medical science and logic in general. Actually, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Internet hates you for this post.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why you are GCtest doesnot answer the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope View Post

This post molests the definition of argument/debate, medical science and logic in general. Actually, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Internet hates you for this post.
on how you intentionally lied to get into US?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post
on how you intentionally lied to get into US?
Your post subject has grammatical errors. Please look into it. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1234 View Post
You attack the EB3 calling them third grade workers to begin with and then talk about arguing fair....
Again, you are making false accusations that are absolutely baseless. I have already asked you in my reply to your previous post to prove what you are saying.
Till now, nothing.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold

I second this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar1 View Post
My post is going to make few MS/Phd people angry over here. Correct me if I am wrong, but when you came here to do MS/Phd, you came on a student visa...Right? Student visa comes under Non Permanent Non Resident alien category. All of you had a burden to prove to the US consulate that after you complete your degree, you would go back to your home country. All of you prepared for that and you knew the moment you said, I might not come back, F1 would be gone! You said this...every time you went back for F1 visa revalidation. Mind you..that H1/H4 never had that burden. They could have easily said that yes, if I like USA, I might not come back.
Now fast forward....MS/Phd is done. Suddenly...."I will go home after MS/Phd" statement is gone..and hunt for H1-B is on! Once they get H1-B, hunt for Green Card starts. Once this heavy head Phd guy, who spent last 5 years on 1500 bucks a month is in GC line....he also realizes that hey, H1-Bs should not be allowed to interfile. After all, they all work for desi consulting companies. Yeah..right! Look who is talking! All H1s should come in EB-3, after all they did not go through 1500 bucks a month for 5 years.
Here comes a Phd guy who always lied to the system saying "I love my home country, my research would do wonders to the society at home" is not leaving any stone unturned to get his GC (faster than anyone else).....tell me, who is inferior? A Phd student who lied to the system for 4/5 years and suddenly changed his intent or an H1-B candidate who never had the burden to prove that he would go back.

All of us are part of this very painful journey! I have spent 8 years on H1-B and I am still waiting for my GC. I work for a desi consulting company, my GC is in EB-3, I have a B.Tech. degree from IIT and I am sick and tired of this GC mess.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold

Hey, you lied to the American Immigration that you will return to the home country after Ph.d. And now you are talking about who should port and who not. Relax and think.

Quote:
sure I am .. and guess what my dependents were already approved few weeks back on my EB2.

and yesterday my EB1 I-140 was approved

But my fight for what is fair is distinct from my own case and i am gonna keep going.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/03/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2005
Compare
gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts

Were you born in a dumpster? You are assuming so many things here.

Whatever Kumar1 may apply to some F-1 students, but not to the cream of the crop.
Nobody asked me if I have immigration intent... they saw that i had I-20 from Cornell, MIT & UMBC and simply asked "Why cornell?". And before i could say anything she smiled and said "welcome to united states"... hah..suck on that

i bet that "jangli maharaj university" you got your diploma from is making your entire family very proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
Hey, you lied to the American Immigration that you will return to the home country after Ph.d. And now you are talking about who should port and who not. Relax and think.

Last edited by gctest; 10-03-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold

You dirt boy, don't you remember you were born in the next dumpster to me?

Who knows whether they asked or not, tell me what did you fill out in the visa form. Did you mention you will apply for GC, may be they gave you visa before filling out the application??

Now I know who took my certificates from the dumpster, that is yooooooou

Mr.Dump master, 'I' is always typed in CAPS. Go get Rapidex

Quote:
Were you born in a dumpster? You are assuming so many things here.

Whatever Kumar1 may apply to some F-1 students, but not to the cream of the crop.
Nobody asked me if I have immigration intent... they saw that i had I-20 from Cornell, MIT & UMBC and simply asked "Why cornell?". And before i could say anything she smiled and said "welcome to united states"... hah..suck on that

i bet that "jangli maharaj university" you got your diploma from is making your entire family very proud

Last edited by orangutan; 10-04-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light
Default what is the root cause?

how many folks with older EB3 PDs are screwed after 07/07? Does anyone have a count? Obviously, if you freeze EB3 they are not going to be sticking around..

Old 10-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
prioritydate has a spectacular aura about prioritydate has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down

Quote:
EB2 india/china... see this..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21828 (Finally)
and then see this
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21833 (Long wait ahead for EB2/EB3 I/C)

ab bajao ghanti... aur chup chap baithe raho
(translation: sit there like a paraplegic in the line and do nothing ... while a massive line jumping is in process... you will keep seeing while all these EB3 "bodyshopped consultants" will continue to slowly port their PDs and get approved ahead of you.. EB2 I/C is in for a really really long wait.
Honestly, these consultants don't even have an H1B worthy job: its not a permanent job offer. They don't get paid fulltime. Let alone their eligibility for a GC ....what a scam!

We need to let uscis know and audit all current and past approved cases from these consultants)

FYI ...With support from a few people .. we are in the process of filing a Direct injunction for stoppage and immediate audit of interfiled/approved cases. But more support would be appreciated.
Are you sadist or something? Why you are wishing to audit approved cases?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light
Default is gctest for real?

gctest is a perfect jackass, think he is also a complete fraud.

If you look at his posts, initially he said despite holding a doctorate and being around since 1996, he is EB2. So far so good.

Then he says his dependents got approved on his EB2, while his case is rotting (????)

The story changes dramatically after you point out if he is the real cream of the crop, he should have been easily qualified for EB1.
The latest, breaking news is that he's from a top-notch research univ and has approved 140 in EB1 but still he's gonna fight for what's fair and against what's unfair ()

Everything is made up, because the story changes all the time, when you attack him. I think the truth of the matter is he's EB2 and he's lying about EB1.

His case never ever qualified for EB1 (publishing some academic trash doesn't qualify you for anything, see my earlier post on this thread regarding this), so he's completely sore and has lost his mind.

Last edited by p1234; 10-04-2008 at 04:02 PM.