Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/03/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2005
Compare
gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts
Default EB2 I/C retrogression

EB2 india/china... see this..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21828 (Finally)
and then see this
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21833 (Long wait ahead for EB2/EB3 I/C)

ab bajao ghanti... aur chup chap baithe raho
(translation: sit there like a paraplegic in the line and do nothing ... while a massive line jumping is in process... you will keep seeing while all these EB3 "bodyshopped consultants" will continue to slowly port their PDs and get approved ahead of you.. EB2 I/C is in for a really really long wait.
Honestly, these consultants don't even have an H1B worthy job: its not a permanent job offer. They don't get paid fulltime. Let alone their eligibility for a GC ....what a scam!

We need to let uscis know and audit all current and past approved cases from these consultants)

FYI ...With support from a few people .. we are in the process of filing a Direct injunction for stoppage and immediate audit of interfiled/approved cases. But more support would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/06/2008
Compare
gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of

Its not a case of inter filing where people are using other peoples priority date. Thats long gone. This is using ones own earlier I-140 priority date. Its not an easy process. It involves redoing everything. It involves time. It involves losing a lot of money. And we too have waited in the line. Some people are fortunate to apply in EB2 and some have to do it in EB3. Then as years go by they become eligible to apply in EB2.(When they are promoted to be manager, they are eligible to apply in EB2 quota) So that does not mean they now should go and stand behind the queue. So be kind. Everyone is in the queue. And I am working for a reputed company and not like what you have described. I was frustrated like you when USCIS did many things like opening up the queue for EB3 and recently EB2. People who applied for Green Cards after me have got it. Many even have become citizens.

Put efforts to better the whole process..

Last edited by gcpool; 10-02-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2006
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2006
Compare
reno_john has a spectacular aura about reno_john has a spectacular aura about reno_john has a spectacular aura about

GCTEST I dont know who you are but I can tell one thing about you.

U R A SELFISH B*****D.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saveimmigration is a jewel in the rough saveimmigration is a jewel in the rough saveimmigration is a jewel in the rough
Default let me clear your ignorance

Most EB3 applicants are NOT underpaid or under qualified. Infact they are OVERQUALIFIED as they should have been EB2 first place. JOB requirements and employers force them to be EB3, not their qualifications

5/08
EB1-A

Old 10-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/14/2007
Compare
immigc06 is a splendid one to behold immigc06 is a splendid one to behold immigc06 is a splendid one to behold immigc06 is a splendid one to behold immigc06 is a splendid one to behold immigc06 is a splendid one to behold
Default I agree

reno_john,
Totally agree with you.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light
Default A list of various filthy posts on IV from Mr. gctest

1. gctest putting EB3 down, calling them a level above illegals
Dost.. tum to bade hi budhu ho.... dawa karao apne dimag ki.... ya ho sakta hai ki tum EB3 ho.
Needless to say.. u are not very intelligent.
I will see how you react when the entire 12 million illegals get chance to file in EB3 and your Eb3 bulletin dates goes to 1968.

2. gctest calling others stupid
You were obviously born stupid.
I am not really a great fan of your attitude towards people from India

3. gctest using lot of bad language
but you are too stupid anyway
so go home now..... and please don'y forget to pickup meds for your gonorrhea form csv pharmac

4. gctest calling EB3 third class individuals
You speak like a third class individual, must have travelled in third class compartment all your life, and now you are in third preference category..... Honestly i don't envy you.

5. gctest name calling again
You know what .. i don't think you are eb3.. all eb3 brothers i know are smart and know how to fight for their rights.
you must be eb8 or eb9 ... you attitude shows that ... a born victim.. who not...

6. gctest bad language again
We are all getting dry humped day in day out and we just keeping taking it.

7. latest flame against EB3
you will keep seeing while all these EB3 "bodyshopped consultants" will continue to slowly port their PDs and get approved ahead of you.Honestly, these consultants don't even have an H1B worthy job: its not a permanent job offer. They don't get paid fulltime. Let alone their eligibility for a GC ....what a scam!

Last edited by p1234; 10-03-2008 at 12:58 AM.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light p1234 is a glorious beacon of light

Bcoz Mr. gctest is Mr. phd, he treats Eb3 with contempt! Now, he will go back and delete all his dirty posts

EB3 can accomplish anything that EB2 can, based on their work experience, but some people don't understand that.

Last edited by p1234; 10-02-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice
Default EB3/EB2 debate is pointless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1234 View Post
Bcoz Mr. gctest is Mr. phd, he treats Eb3 with contempt! Now, he will go back and delete all his dirty posts

EB3 can accomplish anything that EB2 can, based on their work experience, but some people don't understand that.
My personal opinion is that other than few algorithm, electrical design, compiler design kind of jobs, most jobs in Computer applications can be done by an EB3/EB2 person. It's only how your company treats a particular job opening that you get designated as EB2/EB3. I could file in EB2 and lots of top-rankers from my class could only file in EB3. Does that make them any less capable than me?? Nope!
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. The views and opinions expressed here are my own. Please consult an immigration attorney for expert professional advice.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gconmymind View Post
My personal opinion is that other than few algorithm, electrical design, compiler design kind of jobs, most jobs in Computer applications can be done by an EB3/EB2 person. It's only how your company treats a particular job opening that you get designated as EB2/EB3. I could file in EB2 and lots of top-rankers from my class could only file in EB3. Does that make them any less capable than me?? Nope!
Correct. gctest is a very narrow-minded individual just like some of the phds are.

I have read many papers published by these phd students during my MS coursework. Many of them are an absolute trash!
They propose something which has bunch of shortcomings and then list them down as future work.
Others come along, look at the future work section and propose something else with one less shortcoming
and so on...
Every researcher says his/her proposal is better and runs biased set of tests to support the claims.
99% of such research papers would be used as toilet papers in India by the homeless!
Industry doesn't even look at most of this academic trash.

Most of these phds (not all) end up as lecturers making people yawn in the class.

The real productive ones that graduate from top notch universities, the cream of the crop that achieve breakthroughs don't come to this public forum and trash people around.
They are the EB1, no wonders gctest is clubbed as EB2, is he any better than any of us?

Last edited by p1234; 10-02-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't think gctest is against EB3. He is against consultants from sleazy bodyshopping companies, which is right.

A career based on lies and deception is criminal in my humble opinion. There are people who actually came to US with valid experience and education, but still end up applying in EB-3 because the employer did not oblige. Sad for them, but it again boils down to the fact that if the job description qualified them for EB-2, then they got cheated. Otherwise, it is just.

I would like to clear the stand that I am a MS holder from an American university and I work as a Sr. Engineer in one of the top internet firms. I left an offer from that crappy operating system maker because that job did not require MS or even BS+5. It was BS+3. I chose a job where I get to apply in EB2.

People who crib about not getting a chance, even though their job description did not support it are wrong, IMO. NO ONE forced you in to that job. This is not slavery and US is not the only place where you can get a job.

Last edited by misanthrope; 10-02-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gconmymind View Post
It's only how your company treats a particular job opening that you get designated as EB2/EB3. I could file in EB2 and lots of top-rankers from my class could only file in EB3. Does that make them any less capable than me?? Nope!
Exactly and that is the only tangible that immigration law quantifies. EB3 does NOT label an individual as an inferior in terms of skills or knowledge he posses, but simply binds him to the definition of the job that he agreed to take on.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2008
Compare
reddy2cool is a jewel in the rough reddy2cool is a jewel in the rough reddy2cool is a jewel in the rough reddy2cool is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope View Post
Well, I don't think gctest is against EB3. He is against consultants from sleazy bodyshopping companies, which is right.

A career based on lies and deception is criminal in my humble opinion. There are people who actually came to US with valid experience and education, but still end up applying in EB-3 because the employer did not oblige. Sad for them, but it again boils down to the fact that if the job description qualified them for EB-2, then they got cheated. Otherwise, it is just.

I would like to clear the stand that I am a MS holder from an American university and I work as a Sr. Engineer in one of the top internet firms. I left an offer from that crappy operating system maker because that job did not require MS or even BS+5. It was BS+3. I chose a job where I get to apply in EB2.

People who crib about not getting a chance, even though their job description did not support it are wrong, IMO. NO ONE forced you in to that job. This is not slavery and US is not the only place where you can get a job.
Sorry but i dont agree if you call the consultants sleazy or any other thing. Everybody fights to survive here and they are taking a risk at their own cost hence they are benefitting. I donno whether you would not take a eb1 if uscis itself offers u one ? Anyways may be you arent lying but check your company ..all the big companies do creative accounting tell lies to share holders and what not ..does it make them any inferior or superior ..in the end behind every success there are things that are right. So even people who applied in eb2 did somethings right which enabled them to get qualified under it. Dont be a crybaby ..be a man ...u american graduate take risk or show ability to qualify under eb1.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctest View Post
EB2 india/china... see this..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21828 (Finally)
and then see this
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21833 (Long wait ahead for EB2/EB3 I/C)

ab bajao ghanti... aur chup chap baithe raho
(translation: sit there like a paraplegic in the line and do nothing ... while a massive line jumping is in process... you will keep seeing while all these EB3 "bodyshopped consultants" will continue to slowly port their PDs and get approved ahead of you.. EB2 I/C is in for a really really long wait.
Honestly, these consultants don't even have an H1B worthy job: its not a permanent job offer. They don't get paid fulltime. Let alone their eligibility for a GC ....what a scam!

Can you please give a back ground of yours before talking about others ? Are you CEO of some company ?

First learn to complete your profile ...look at the 485 mailing and receive dates ..

Old 10-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy2cool View Post
Sorry but i dont agree if you call the consultants sleazy or any other thing.
Read again. I did not call the consultants sleazy. Also, I did not generalize them. My support is followed in the second line.

Quote:
Everybody fights to survive here and they are taking a risk at their own cost hence they are benefitting.
To me, this statement does not really deliver anything substantial or meaningful. Can you please reiterate?

Quote:
I donno whether you would not take a eb1 if uscis itself offers u one ?
Again, this statement does not serve as a counter-argument because this is a fictional scenario and does not hold importance here.

Quote:
Anyways may be you arent lying but check your company ..all the big
companies do creative accounting tell lies to share holders and what not ..does it make them any inferior or superior ..in the end behind every success there are things that are right.
This is not an argument about accounting principles. Even if I tie your statement to my points, it does not compute. I am against labeling and generalizing EB-3 and I said that in my post. Please read my post again.

Quote:
So even people who applied in eb2 did somethings right which enabled them to get qualified under it.
What's the message here, man? I mean seriously. Are you supporting malpractices or are you just confused?

Quote:
Dont be a crybaby ..be a man ...u american graduate take risk or show ability to qualify under eb1.
Thanks for encouraging criminal acts in a very desperate manner.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Guys,

Please refrain from fighting on EB3 and EB2 issue. We all know how difficult retrogression has been to every one here. As some one has already said, If interfiling was so easy and every one was fortunate enough to file another Labor/140, EB-2 would have been in 2002 or along with EB-3. AFAIK, Interfiling is some thing the law allows and as long as one does what the system allows and is not gaming the system, its perfectly fine. Don't rub salt on others wounds. Do what you can to improve the system. IMO, the backward movement was a knee jerk reaction to the false demand, shown by USCIS with a huge movement in PD. As you may know, this is purely demand and supply based DOS will move dates forward as soon as they realize that there is not much demand. DOS keeps track of all visa number requests and approvals based on PD's. The problem is DOS just does not know how many applications are pending per country per category to stop the back and forth movement of dates and make the date movement strictly forward. DOS clearly made this a requirement in OCT 08 bulletin and lets see what happens in the next few months. 2nd Q will be key as the over flow will start to trickle based on demand in EB-1+EB-4+EB-5