Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: Persuade DOS to make EB2IC dates current
Agree 118 51.30%
Agree and will contact Local Senators/Congressmen etc 33 14.35%
Do not agree 79 34.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Efforts to persuade DOS to make EB2IC current - Poll & Action Items

Friends,

As many of you may be aware EB2IC demand will be zero in near future. This could happen as early as Sept 2011.

Once this happens we are not sure how dates will move. There are many theories - DOS will make dates current OR move dates by 1 or 2 years to capture enough applications OR does not advance dates and let FY 2012 spillover be wasted.

I think all of us would agree that if DOS makes EB2IC dates current it will be of great relief to atleast 50K EB2IC applicants (100K+ families included).

What can we do?

a. IV as an Organization can try to contact DOS/USCIS explaining the situation so that they may get inclined to make dates current.

b. We as individuals can contact our local Congressman/Senators/Any other agency and explain our plight and have them contact/write USCIS requesting them to make dates current.

c. Any other suggestion that you guyz can come up with.

I have attached a poll to this thread. Please use it so we can take further action.

IV Co-ordinators:
We would definately appreciate your help on this regard. If this is not the right place. Please move this to the appropriate forum.

All members:
Please vote. Write a post if you can volunteer to call your local Congressmen etc.

Good Luck to all of us!!

I totally understand that we should fight for all the groups and not just EB2. If we ask for all categories to be current there is no chance at all. This initiative is just to utlize the oppurtunity we have in EB2 Category.

I REQUEST ONE AND ALL PLEASE DO NOT START - FIGHTS IN FAVOR OR AGAINST THIS THREAD - EB2/EB3 RANTS etc.

Update 6/15/2011:

Thank you everybody for participating and letting us know your views. If you have not participated yet, I encourage you to do so. Poll is still open.

I would also like to specially thank IV core members & Senior members who wrote their views and conveyed them in a dignified manner (even though some disagreed).

I will reach out to IV core team and keep everybody posted on this.

All members who 'agreed' in the Poll - Thank you... I will be sending out a PM soon with further updates. Please keep any eye.

Good Luck to all (Irrespective of whether you agree or disagree to this initiative)!!

Last edited by skpanda; 06-15-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Update on 6/15
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 15 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather concentrate on EB3. There are many folks who are waiting for years to file I-485. I think their wait time is way more than EB2. Maybe USCIS can do Administrative fix to file I-485 without PD being current. Forget GC at least they can enjoy with EAD and AP. What do you think.

5 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikna View Post
I would rather concentrate on EB3. There are many folks who are waiting for years to file I-485. I think their wait time is way more than EB2. Maybe USCIS can do Administrative fix to file I-485 without PD being current. Forget GC at least they can enjoy with EAD and AP. What do you think.
I totally agree with you! EB3 is the worst hit category in this broken Immigration System. IV is already working on many such initiatives such as

a. Visa Recapture
b. Administrative fix to file I485 without PD being current
c. Remove 7% country limit
d. Exclude family members being counted as a visa number.

However as with many struggles for rights.. its taking time.

Reason why the initiative in this thread was started - This is something that is imminent and can be done by DOS without any fuss only if we can tell them our side of the story. DOS has to build the EB2 pipeline anyways, why not give relief to everybody in EB2. I totally understand that our requests may go to deaf ears however we should keep trying.

I am not advocating that IV take this as top priority and divert resources. My suggestion is that, IV if possible can support this initiative and we individual members can contact Congressmen/Senators/DOS etc.

Last edited by skpanda; 06-11-2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Typo

1 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/16/2007
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute RollingStone12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpanda View Post
Friends,

As many of you may be aware EB2IC demand will be zero in near future. This could happen as early as Sept 2011.

Once this happens we are not sure how dates will move. There are many theories - DOS will make dates current OR move dates by 1 or 2 years to capture enough applications OR does not advance dates and let FY 2012 spillover be wasted.

I think all of us would agree that if DOS makes EB2IC dates current it will be of great relief to atleast 50K EB2IC applicants.

What can we do?

a. IV as an Organization can try to contact USCIS explaining the situation so that they may be get inclined to making dates current.

b. We as individuals can contact our local Congressman/Senators/Any other agency and explain our plight and have them contact/write USCIS requesting them to make dates current.

c. Any other suggestion that you guyz can come up with.

I have attached a poll to this thread. Please use it so we can take further action.

IV Co-ordinators:
We would definately appreciate your help on this regard. If this is not the right place. Please move this to the appropriate forum.

All members:
Please vote. Write a post if you can volunteer to call your local Congressmen etc.

Good Luck to all of us!!

I REQUEST ONE AND ALL PLEASE DO NOT START - FIGHTS IN FAVOR OR AGAINST OF THIS THREAD - EB2/EB3 RANTS etc.
Calling Congressmen/senator randomly is going to do more harm than help...have you spoken to IV core...?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 questions for you. I have no intention of creating EB2 EB3 fight. And want detailed mature answers.

Why is this aimed at EB2. EB2 is going to be current in a year or 2 years. All EB2 will get greencards. Why can't you guys wait for few more months and let government take its own course to get you current? I think it is a waste of IV time and money to focus on your request. The only aim of this request is to get greencard a few months before you will get.

What have you done for IV till now? You are asking IV to help you. How have you helped IV till now.

I oppose this request and request IV core evaluate it. Recapture etc are better ideas to help EB2 and EB3 and IV time and money should be used for such ideas.

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

@skpanda I definitely agree with you. It would be great if they could make Eb2 I/C current for sometime. The reason is that everyone will get an opportunity to file for I485 and get EAD/ AP this is almost like half GC, people are facing huge problems in H1B extensions and stampings. Probably I can realize the benefits of EAD / AP having waited for 4 years after missing the Jul 2007 fiasco, I understand at that time most of the folks whose labor went to Atlanta missed it. So a very welcome move and initiative to make the lives of many more comfortable.

4 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely agree with Teddy and skpanda. This would help folks from EB2 to go ahead and file EAD/AP.

3 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the flexibility that EAD/AP provides with AC21 / Job portability after 180 days and no added head ache of extending H1B and Visa Stamping and would welcome any relief for any one. But at the same time, It is pathetic to see EB3 stuck @ 2002 and any spill over, etc not going to the worst affect category due to current model of applying spill over numbers. Although DOS/USCIS is now following the Horizontal and fall down order, in the past it did not. Looking at the trend looks like if not in this FY, EB2 looks like is going to become current in next FY which could again be a mini July '07 Fiasco and they are going to generate some revenue in application fees, but these new people are not going to pay EAD/AP renewal fees at least. The focus to assists the worst hit category (EB3-I), even they they are only a few thousand seems to have completely diminished. I understand the economy, political climate, etc has never been so bad to address the immigration issue which is an issue even in a good environment. I think simple, but small steps such that lifting per country limit on EB based applicaiton (Well they have Diversity Visa separately to address other interests), channeling spill over to worst hit category or at least go by early PD regardless of category (We can argue, E?B2 and higher skills, etc.. Well not all immigrants in EB2 are extra ordinary, etc) might help. Some of the EB3 people from 2002 have had hurdles right from State Labor, Federal, then backlog elimination center, no concurrent filing, then retrogression etc.. and some or majority of the old PD holders must be with Fortune 20 or 50 companies and many of these big corporation do not do EB2 back when days were good and now in large organization it is easy said than done to port to EB2 (though many are qualified and the job there are doing can be justified), it just isn't happening for various reason. Any relief should be prioritized to to worst hit group for any initiative to be successful. EB3 seems to be a group that is stuck in a bad place without any relied in sight. We never know, it all depends on the invisible data post July 2007 how the E3/E2 ratio is will determine the fate of E3 if not other actions provide any relief. I think on general E3 deserves some additional focus in my opinion.

Last edited by gc_check; 06-11-2011 at 09:07 AM.

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely, this is one of the few campaigns that has a very good chance of success and reasonably doable, withing bounds of current law.

Most other campaigns are ongoing and much harder to achieve, and require many more months of effort.

reds are welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
@skpanda I definitely agree with you. It would be great if they could make Eb2 I/C current for sometime. The reason is that everyone will get an opportunity to file for I485 and get EAD/ AP this is almost like half GC, people are facing huge problems in H1B extensions and stampings. Probably I can realize the benefits of EAD / AP having waited for 4 years after missing the Jul 2007 fiasco, I understand at that time most of the folks whose labor went to Atlanta missed it. So a very welcome move and initiative to make the lives of many more comfortable.

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute

How can I help with this initiative ? Willing to help any way possible.

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to rain on the parade here. But the truth is that there is already a precedent for such cases in FB category where they are advancing it by one year. Also, with the NVC notices received till 2008, in all probability they will do the same for EB category.

I guess there is no harm in asking for this, but in my opinion, that effort should be directed towards a larger fix and not for something like the one being discussed. While I agree that it will help to have EAD/AP and this is better than nothing, my vote would be for putting this effort towards a larger fix.

While DOS is free to do what they want, I think with the given precedent, the current scenario, NVC letters and the fiasco faced last time when they made it current, the chances of making the dates current again, even for one category, is very slim, if at all.

I am sure IV core knows about these issues too and would have definitely guided us if this was in anyway feasible. Pls. try to contact IV core and ask them where the effort can be more useful.

Also, put your differences aside and become a donor. This mess can be cleared only by focused effort by everyone who is in this mess. Once you become a donor, you will understand the ground reality based on updates and phone calls and how much IV is trying to get this mess fixed.

But if we have more support from everyone, we can get out of this mess faster. Please consider becoming donor members and contribute your effort towards the fix to the mess.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why Can't EB3 too

If we are talking about the EAD benefits etc for an year, making EB3 Current will help a lot other for a long time. I would say ask for all CURRENT.

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute buddhaas has a reputation beyond repute
Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
If we are talking about the EAD benefits etc for an year, making EB3 Current will help a lot other for a long time. I would say ask for all CURRENT.
+1 that.

Lets all benefit EAD/AP not just one particular category.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default I second this

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post
I understand the flexibility that EAD/AP provides with AC21 / Job portability after 180 days and no added head ache of extending H1B and Visa Stamping and would welcome any relief for any one. But at the same time, It is pathetic to see EB3 stuck @ 2002 and any spill over, etc not going to the worst affect category due to current model of applying spill over numbers. Although DOS/USCIS is now following the Horizontal and fall down order, in the past it did not. Looking at the trend looks like if not in this FY, EB2 looks like is going to become current in next FY which could again be a mini July '07 Fiasco and they are going to generate some revenue in application fees, but these new people are not going to pay EAD/AP renewal fees at least. The focus to assists the worst hit category (EB3-I), even they they are only a few thousand seems to have completely diminished. I understand the economy, political climate, etc has never been so bad to address the immigration issue which is an issue even in a good environment. I think simple, but small steps such that lifting per country limit on EB based applicaiton (Well they have Diversity Visa separately to address other interests), channeling spill over to worst hit category or at least go by early PD regardless of category (We can argue, E?B2 and higher skills, etc.. Well not all immigrants in EB2 are extra ordinary, etc) might help. Some of the EB3 people from 2002 have had hurdles right from State Labor, Federal, then backlog elimination center, no concurrent filing, then retrogression etc.. and some or majority of the old PD holders must be with Fortune 20 or 50 companies and many of these big corporation do not do EB2 back when days were good and now in large organization it is easy said than done to port to EB2 (though many are qualified and the job there are doing can be justified), it just isn't happening for various reason. Any relief should be prioritized to to worst hit group for any initiative to be successful. EB3 seems to be a group that is stuck in a bad place without any relied in sight. We never know, it all depends on the invisible data post July 2007 how the E3/E2 ratio is will determine the fate of E3 if not other actions provide any relief. I think on general E3 deserves some additional focus in my opinion.
I second this.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhaas View Post
+1 that.

Lets all benefit EAD/AP not just one particular category.
+1. I hope USCIS makes all EB categories current.

I am willing to donate $5,000 towards this efforts if this happens by December 2011. Already donated a small amount $50 for great IV work towards big EB3 community. I am not supporting EB2.

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.