Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/)
-   -   Are they really following Visa Bulletin Dates? (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/22742-are-they-really-following-visa-bulletin-dates.html)

jsb 12-16-2008 02:41 PM

Are they really following Visa Bulletin Dates?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As a EB2-India hopeful I was Current in Aug/Sept 2008, and had a 99.9% of hope of getting approval. However, they did nothing then though many with a lot lower (later) PD's and RD's were approved.

Now suddenly, I got several sets of emails with "Card production ordered", "Approval notice sent" and "Wecome as a New permanent resident" messages (some more than one with same message).

So, may be USCIS is not following any PD dates announced in Visa Bulletins, but this time for good. Ironically, I also got emails on my AP approval, which is dated a day later than GC approval. Sequence of LUDs is - AP received 11/11 with a soft LUD on 12/10, I-485 approval on 12/11, AP approval on 12/12. Got another set of emails today with similar contents as in emails dated 12/11.

Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your file comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....

texanguy 12-16-2008 02:46 PM

they probably have assigned a visa number to your case during the month of august/sept when your priority date was current and might have shelved it to open at a future time (which happens to be just about now!)

Congratulations on your green card. Enjoy your freedom...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsb (Post 306479)
Ladies and Gentlemen,

As a EB2-India hopeful I was Current in Aug/Sept 2008, and had a 99.9% of hope of getting approval. However, they did nothing then though many with a lot lower (later) PD's and RD's were approved.

Now suddenly, I got several sets of emails with "Card production ordered", "Approval notice sent" and "Wecome as a New permanent resident" messages (some more than one with same message).

So, may be USCIS is not following any PD dates announced in Visa Bulletins, but this time for good. Ironically, I also got emails on my AP approval, which is dated a day later than GC approval. Sequence of LUDs is - AP received 11/11 with a soft LUD on 12/10, I-485 approval on 12/11, AP approval on 12/12. Got another set of emails today with similar contents as in emails dated 12/11.

Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your files comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....

natrajs 12-16-2008 04:07 PM

Congrats

Quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your file comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....

Congrats and Best Wishes , It happened to my friend also, His PD is March 05 and got the approval on 10/29/08

dhesha 12-16-2008 06:29 PM

Why Only Tsc

Quote:

Originally Posted by natrajs (Post 306502)
Congrats and Best Wishes , It happened to my friend also, His PD is March 05 and got the approval on 10/29/08

I am just so frustrated (and happy for the TSC folks) that why all this approval thing is happening only in TSC, what is wrong with Nebraska

webm 12-16-2008 08:24 PM

Congratulations on getting your GC

You are kind of lucky..enjoy the GC freedom !!:)

bsbawa10 12-16-2008 09:21 PM

Congrats

A million dollar question is : What order are they following ? I am having PD of April 14th , 2004. Still waiting.

jsb 12-17-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsbawa10 (Post 306552)
A million dollar question is : What order are they following ? I am having PD of April 14th , 2004. Still waiting.

They definitely are not working in PD order. PD is only used to skip a case if not due. They seem to work in order of paper filed cases, which are perhaps stacked in order they physically receive them (which is generally a date a few days prior to ND). That's what they mean when they claim "we process cased in order we receive them".

With above logic, your case was "received" in CSC in July08. Therefore, they are unlikely to look at it until they look those received prior to July'08. This is bad management, but that's how they seem to work. That also proves as to why they ask/get wider PD openings as year end nears (so that they don't have to skip too many cases when they pick cases one after another in order they physically received them).

DSLStart 12-17-2008 01:53 PM

Congrats man!
hame aam khane se matlab hain, guthli ginney se matlab nahin ... ;-)

Quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen,