Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of
Default Are they really following Visa Bulletin Dates?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As a EB2-India hopeful I was Current in Aug/Sept 2008, and had a 99.9% of hope of getting approval. However, they did nothing then though many with a lot lower (later) PD's and RD's were approved.

Now suddenly, I got several sets of emails with "Card production ordered", "Approval notice sent" and "Wecome as a New permanent resident" messages (some more than one with same message).

So, may be USCIS is not following any PD dates announced in Visa Bulletins, but this time for good. Ironically, I also got emails on my AP approval, which is dated a day later than GC approval. Sequence of LUDs is - AP received 11/11 with a soft LUD on 12/10, I-485 approval on 12/11, AP approval on 12/12. Got another set of emails today with similar contents as in emails dated 12/11.

Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your file comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....

Last edited by jsb; 12-16-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold

they probably have assigned a visa number to your case during the month of august/sept when your priority date was current and might have shelved it to open at a future time (which happens to be just about now!)

Congratulations on your green card. Enjoy your freedom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

As a EB2-India hopeful I was Current in Aug/Sept 2008, and had a 99.9% of hope of getting approval. However, they did nothing then though many with a lot lower (later) PD's and RD's were approved.

Now suddenly, I got several sets of emails with "Card production ordered", "Approval notice sent" and "Wecome as a New permanent resident" messages (some more than one with same message).

So, may be USCIS is not following any PD dates announced in Visa Bulletins, but this time for good. Ironically, I also got emails on my AP approval, which is dated a day later than GC approval. Sequence of LUDs is - AP received 11/11 with a soft LUD on 12/10, I-485 approval on 12/11, AP approval on 12/12. Got another set of emails today with similar contents as in emails dated 12/11.

Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your files comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....

Old 12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Congrats

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your file comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....
Congrats and Best Wishes , It happened to my friend also, His PD is March 05 and got the approval on 10/29/08

Old 12-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts
Default Why Only Tsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajs View Post
Congrats and Best Wishes , It happened to my friend also, His PD is March 05 and got the approval on 10/29/08
I am just so frustrated (and happy for the TSC folks) that why all this approval thing is happening only in TSC, what is wrong with Nebraska

Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough
Default Congratulations on getting your GC

You are kind of lucky..enjoy the GC freedom !!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats

A million dollar question is : What order are they following ? I am having PD of April 14th , 2004. Still waiting.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbawa10 View Post
A million dollar question is : What order are they following ? I am having PD of April 14th , 2004. Still waiting.
They definitely are not working in PD order. PD is only used to skip a case if not due. They seem to work in order of paper filed cases, which are perhaps stacked in order they physically receive them (which is generally a date a few days prior to ND). That's what they mean when they claim "we process cased in order we receive them".

With above logic, your case was "received" in CSC in July08. Therefore, they are unlikely to look at it until they look those received prior to July'08. This is bad management, but that's how they seem to work. That also proves as to why they ask/get wider PD openings as year end nears (so that they don't have to skip too many cases when they pick cases one after another in order they physically received them).

Old 12-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats man!
hame aam khane se matlab hain, guthli ginney se matlab nahin ... ;-)

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,