Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of
Default q's on Canadian PR ( greencard) while my I-140 is approved

hello fellow friends

My PD is Dec 2008 under Eb2 with I-140 approved & I was thinking of applying for Canadian PR (green card)

My q's
1) Can I apply for Canadian PR while my US GC procedure is in progress with I-140 approved ?
Are there any catches we all should know about ?

2) Did anyone use a lawyer to file for Canadian PR and would like to recommend on a good 1 ?

3) If my Canadian PR gets approved, how do I accept it and still maintain US GC procedure in progress ? Is it viable ?

last
4) Any other questions or point of views I am missing (any suggestions that I should be aware of)

Thanks a bunch.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
atlgc is infamous around these parts atlgc is infamous around these parts

see my answers below

Quote:
Originally Posted by namjoshi View Post
hello fellow friends

My PD is Dec 2008 under Eb2 with I-140 approved & I was thinking of applying for Canadian PR (green card)

My q's
1) Can I apply for Canadian PR while my US GC procedure is in progress with I-140 approved ?

** yes you can,they are two different countires and different immigration rules **
Are there any catches we all should know about ?
** none **
2) Did anyone use a lawyer to file for Canadian PR and would like to recommend on a good 1 ?
** i filed my self back in 2004 , one cannot advise what you have to do

3) If my Canadian PR gets approved, how do I accept it and still maintain US GC procedure in progress ? Is it viable ?

** No **
** like US GC ,if you don't stay in that country , you loose it ***
last
4) Any other questions or point of views I am missing (any suggestions that I should be aware of)

Thanks a bunch.
485 reached on july2nd - EB3
#################
Porting with same Employer as promotion case
PERM applied : 03-2011
PERM approved :05-2011
PERM requirements:MS+7 years experience
140:approved:05-2011(new PD) - EB2
140:amended approval:06-2011(old PD)
interfile 485: 06-2011(formal letter sent)
485 RFE:07-2011(asking to send a formal request),
485 RFE response :delivered on 07-2011
GC approval :07---2011

Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of
Default just to clarify 1 more q

If my Canadian PR gets approved and if I accept it and will I still be able to maintain my US GC procedure that is in progress ? ?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian GC application, approval and acceptance has nothing to do with your US GC application process. Usually for cases which easily meet the immig requirements you dont need to use an attorney. Once you accept the canadian GC you have to live continuously for a period of 2 years within 5 years of reciept of the GC to maintain the GC. In other words you could potentially live outside for little less than 3 years continuously and then start living continously in canada for the next 2 years. Those with canadian GC could provide more information. I am not sure whether you would be required to file the tax returns in canada also?

Old 08-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nj_03_2004 is a splendid one to behold nj_03_2004 is a splendid one to behold nj_03_2004 is a splendid one to behold nj_03_2004 is a splendid one to behold nj_03_2004 is a splendid one to behold nj_03_2004 is a splendid one to behold nj_03_2004 is a splendid one to behold nj_03_2004 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If my Canadian PR gets approved and if I accept it and will I still be able to maintain my US GC procedure that is in progress ? ?
In my opinion, Canadian PR should not affect your GC process but you cannot have both at same time. US immigration may ask you to cancel your Canadian PR.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of
Default US GC Process

Quote:
Your US GC "Process" has nothing to do with the Canadian PR. Remember that US Green Card Process is for future employment. Once (if) you get Canadian PR you are obligated to satisfy Canadian PR residency requirements. As long as your current sponsor does revoke I-140 you can live anywhere in the world including Canada and come back to work in US once your date is current. Hope that answers your question.