Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 506
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Premium processing for I-485 ??

Sorry if that title is misleading.

How many people here are positive that USCIS will come up with premium processing feature for I-485 stage?

Don' worry about the available visa numbers. Just express your hunch feeling.

Incrementally the waiting game is being reduced by incorporating premium processing for H1-B, Labor and lately I-140. Why not for I-485?

I am hopefull of this happening next year.
What about you?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 190
immilaw is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikondoji
Sorry if that title is misleading.

How many people here are positive that USCIS will come up with premium processing feature for I-485 stage?

Don' worry about the available visa numbers. Just express your hunch feeling.

Incrementally the waiting game is being reduced by incorporating premium processing for H1-B, Labor and lately I-140. Why not for I-485?

I am hopefull of this happening next year.
What about you?
Maybe
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
South Korea
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 60
Asian is on a distinguished road
Default I am all for it.

I am all for it. I know some members are bitter about this potential price hike but they can still choose not to, if they don't want to.

Actually, time is money. We should not underestimate the time value of our waiting in terms of dollars. It would be still beneficial to get the GC sooner despite higher cost and find the better paid jobs without strings attached. Still many good companies are unwilling to hire h-1 b for various reasons. The time value I have lost in years of waiting is a lot more costly.

As you all remember in economics, when the demand and supply doesn't meet and regulated with fixed price, there is a long line of waiting.

As the legal process is stuck, many people are considering marriage with citizens, which is not an option for me. If not well thought of before making a decision, many will eventually divorce and the cost will be even more costly for the individuals and to the society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikondoji
Sorry if that title is misleading.

How many people here are positive that USCIS will come up with premium processing feature for I-485 stage?

Don' worry about the available visa numbers. Just express your hunch feeling.

Incrementally the waiting game is being reduced by incorporating premium processing for H1-B, Labor and lately I-140. Why not for I-485?

I am hopefull of this happening next year.
What about you?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 138
ash0210 will become famous soon enough
Default Pay $$ to get GC - Premium Processing of I-485....

In the context of Premium processing of H1B’s, I-140, EAD’s etc can we press our demands to newly elected Dems to have I-485 premium processing by paying extra $$$ to USCIS?

"Premium GC processing" will work as follows:

Pre-processing Condition/Base Rules:
If your I-140 is approved & you have filed I-485 and your I-485 is pending for more than 575 or 600 days (whats ever USCIS website says of # days..) is mentioned against your case#.....

...THEN pay USCIS e.g. $1000 or $0000 & get your "GC" !!!

USCIS will assign temporary VISA# for such "Premium Paid GC" and when VISA# will be available that VISA# will be assigned to your " Premium Paid GC"..

Premium Paid GC - Few base Rules:
Before issuing " Premium Paid GC ", USCIS will ensure/check their existing GC process along with following additional checks:

1. Pre- adjudicated:
Your case is Pre-adjudicated, I-140 approved, file is complete & case is waiting ONLY for Visa# availability

2. Income Tax & W2’s:
Applicant pays Income Tax, files W2’s for say 3-4 years

3. EAD’s more than 3:
I 485 applicants are repeatedly applying for EAD's for more than 2 to 3 years

4. Check Legal entry in USA:
Copy of I-94 to ensure that I-485 applicant is “Legally” entered in USA

5. Security Threat/Name Check:
Name check is complete & applicant is NO longer a "Threat" to National security, if Name check is NOT done, expedite it to FBI. If Name Check is not completed by FBI, request I-485 applicant to submit “Local” Police station “Clearance records” from all the “Address” where he/she stayed in USA (address specified in Labor). If a person is here for more than say 4-5 years, have clean “Police clearance record” and law abiding “Legal” Tax payer, how he/she can be threat to National Security?

6. FP:
Finger Printing at least once (NOT over by 15 months etc..)

7. Biometric:
I-485 applicants Biometric 2 (or 1,2,3) has been done at least one time

8. H1B/H4 extensions:
I-485 Primary applicant (his/her derivative) are completed their H1B extension more than 6 years and repeatedly extending H1/H4’s (to say enough, he/she is here for more than 6 years legally)

After applying this Basic Thumb Rules, issue " Premium GC" to applicant & assign VISA# later whenever VISA# is available.


Quote:
Originally Posted by srikondoji
Sorry if that title is misleading.

How many people here are positive that USCIS will come up with premium processing feature for I-485 stage?

Don' worry about the available visa numbers. Just express your hunch feeling.

Incrementally the waiting game is being reduced by incorporating premium processing for H1-B, Labor and lately I-140. Why not for I-485?

I am hopefull of this happening next year.
What about you?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
gc_in_30_yrs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up sure get a job in USCIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0210
In the context of Premium processing of H1B’s, I-140, EAD’s etc can we press our demands to newly elected Dems to have I-485 premium processing by paying extra $$$ to USCIS?

"Premium GC processing" will work as follows:

Pre-processing Condition/Base Rules:
If your I-140 is approved & you have filed I-485 and your I-485 is pending for more than 575 or 600 days (whats ever USCIS website says of # days..) is mentioned against your case#.....

...THEN pay USCIS e.g. $1000 or $0000 & get your "GC" !!!

USCIS will assign temporary VISA# for such "Premium Paid GC" and when VISA# will be available that VISA# will be assigned to your " Premium Paid GC"..

Premium Paid GC - Few base Rules:
Before issuing " Premium Paid GC ", USCIS will ensure/check their existing GC process along with following additional checks:

1. Pre- adjudicated:
Your case is Pre-adjudicated, I-140 approved, file is complete & case is waiting ONLY for Visa# availability

2. Income Tax & W2’s:
Applicant pays Income Tax, files W2’s for say 3-4 years

3. EAD’s more than 3:
I 485 applicants are repeatedly applying for EAD's for more than 2 to 3 years

4. Check Legal entry in USA:
Copy of I-94 to ensure that I-485 applicant is “Legally” entered in USA

5. Security Threat/Name Check:
Name check is complete & applicant is NO longer a "Threat" to National security, if Name check is NOT done, expedite it to FBI. If Name Check is not completed by FBI, request I-485 applicant to submit “Local” Police station “Clearance records” from all the “Address” where he/she stayed in USA (address specified in Labor). If a person is here for more than say 4-5 years, have clean “Police clearance record” and law abiding “Legal” Tax payer, how he/she can be threat to National Security?

6. FP:
Finger Printing at least once (NOT over by 15 months etc..)

7. Biometric:
I-485 applicants Biometric 2 (or 1,2,3) has been done at least one time

8. H1B/H4 extensions:
I-485 Primary applicant (his/her derivative) are completed their H1B extension more than 6 years and repeatedly extending H1/H4’s (to say enough, he/she is here for more than 6 years legally)

After applying this Basic Thumb Rules, issue " Premium GC" to applicant & assign VISA# later whenever VISA# is available.
I am sure ash0210 will get a job in USCIS to write rules for issuing GCs.
Just kidding. I like your analogy.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 138
ash0210 will become famous soon enough
Default Thanks for defining my ETA Labor filing job responsibilities.. !

gc_in_30_yrs, I will file new Labor in PERM with this new job Responsibilites..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_in_30_yrs
I am sure ash0210 will get a job in USCIS to write rules for issuing GCs.
Just kidding. I like your analogy.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it more likely to get RFE in Premium Processing of I-140 than regular processing canleo98 Premium processing of 140 26 12-14-2006 02:43 PM
Pay $$ to get GC - Premium Processing of I-485.... ash0210 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 3 11-18-2006 04:52 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org