Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
techbuzz is on a distinguished road

If you see my original post , I said most of the cases , and looks like its true, because couple of others I know also got some kind of Suprevised recruitment procedure. I expressed the feeling id DOL want , they can do any thing
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbuzz View Post
DOL is planning to change the LAbor certification process , the details are put up on the my lawfirm website , I really got scared after reading that. Since it is copy right protected i can not post the content. But i cAN say DOL is planning to reject most of the cases filed after June 2008 and ask all copanies to re-start fresh process under the supervision of DOL, the process includes DOL taking the job of placing the job ads and forwarding the resumes to the employer and asking them interview and send report , the description goes on like this
Why should this be a sad news? If case is genuine, overall it should work better and faster, as fake cases would be weeded out or wont even try. Once Labor is approved, it should be quick and easy. Current situation of huge backlog was caused seemingly by articificial situations resulting in a big spurt of H1's from India/China. I have been a Canadian for 30 yrs. Having born in India, and nothing to do with IT, it impacted me too.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

ITs a kind of sad news , because you may be picked for wrong reasons and puts u really back in the queue, you are stuck for no reason, even though your case is legitamate. I again repeat this is scary because they can pick most of the cases and purposefully induce delays in the model, They have to some how delay future plans of H1B based community in the present economic situations, so they are finding ways to stop from all angles

Old 02-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2012
Compare
bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ITs a kind of sad news , because you may be picked for wrong reasons and puts u really back in the queue, you are stuck for no reason, even though your case is legitamate. I again repeat this is scary because they can pick most of the cases and purposefully induce delays in the model, They have to some how delay future plans of H1B based community in the present economic situations, so they are finding ways to stop from all angles
I have had a colleague of mine with a PD of Dec 2008 get the same Denial an his lawyer has also filed a 'Motion to reconsider'. I don't know the reason of the Denial as he himself is waiting to hear more.

techbuzz, I am sure it will work out and you will be okay. My best wishes. Please do update us after your meeting.

angelfire, I can understand your chagrin but I don't believe techbuzz was trying to be a sadist or even causing unnecessary panic. I did see the following link on Fragommen's website though I don't really understand what the impact is.

http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9ab...0?OpenDocument

Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgoli007 View Post
I have had a colleague of mine with a PD of Dec 2008 get the same Denial an his lawyer has also filed a 'Motion to reconsider'. I don't know the reason of the Denial as he himself is waiting to hear more.

techbuzz, I am sure it will work out and you will be okay. My best wishes. Please do update us after your meeting.

angelfire, I can understand your chagrin but I don't believe techbuzz was trying to be a sadist or even causing unnecessary panic. I did see the following link on Fragommen's website though I don't really understand what the impact is.

http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9ab...0?OpenDocument
The fact that he tried to read too much into an announcement and put his interpretation of the announcement as fact here I really doubt his intention.
The announcement just said that supervised recruitment is "likely" to increase. Which means even Fragomen is speculating. Fragomen given their tarnished reputation with DOL may be seeing more supervised recruitment with their cases.
Anyway hope techbuzz here can update all of us with the reason for denial.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Here is the update

Its Auto Denial , for some combinations of answers if you check , the software is doing auto denial, these questions are regadring layoffs , if you company has no layoffs then good

Old 02-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks..

Quote:
Here is the update

Its Auto Denial , for some combinations of answers if you check , the software is doing auto denial, these questions are regadring layoffs , if you company has no layoffs then good
For the update. It makes a lot more sense than your original proclamation that all PERM after June 2008 need to be refiled.
In this economy anybody , anywhere will ask a question as to why you are asking for a permanent labor certification for a foreign worker, when several locals are available.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

What happens if your company layoffs people after you filed PERM? Are they going to deny it? Do they have data of layoffs from all the companies?

Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post
What happens if your company layoffs people after you filed PERM? Are they going to deny it? Do they have data of layoffs from all the companies?
The rule is 6 months before PERM filing and 6 months after PERM filing. The rule is vague. For e.g. your position is supposed to be advertised to any and every US citizen who has been laid off from the company in that time frame. Doesn't matter whether they are qualified to do it or not.
The way it's going on nowadays looks like there will be lot of underqualified people that companies will be forced to hire, just because they are citizens.