Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/)
-   -   Current PERM Caseload and Processing Times : SAD news for those who filed after june (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/23675-current-perm-caseload-and-processing-times-sad-news-for-those-who-filed-after-june.html)

techbuzz 02-12-2009 01:17 AM

Current PERM Caseload and Processing Times : SAD news for those who filed after june
 
DOL is planning to change the LAbor certification process , the details are put up on the my lawfirm website , I really got scared after reading that. Since it is copy right protected i can not post the content. But i cAN say DOL is planning to reject most of the cases filed after June 2008 and ask all copanies to re-start fresh process under the supervision of DOL, the process includes DOL taking the job of placing the job ads and forwarding the resumes to the employer and asking them interview and send report , the description goes on like this

vrkgali 02-12-2009 10:40 AM

Are you sure..
 
Please post your attorneys website.

2008FebEb2 02-12-2009 10:45 AM

Post the link please
 
Link? :rolleyes:

praveenuppaluri 02-12-2009 11:17 AM

link here
 
my friend, techbuzz

strict adherance to rules for applying a GC is something every company will provide anyway (atleast big american companies). DOL is stating to micro-manage some of the procedures.. we know how quick they work.. so, this only means more and more delays.. nothing like "reject most cases and require them to re-submit" etc.. anyway, here is a link from fragomen - the information is copyright but that is accessible to everyone with internet access.. fragomen.com > Resources > US Immigration Headlines > 02/09/2009 - PERM Adjudications Slowed Markedly in Late 2008, January 2009

"http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9abe5d703b986cff86256e310080943a/b7c0c34a676ff0bc85257558004fb7b0?OpenDocument"

gcdreamer05 02-12-2009 11:19 AM

More info about this is on the DOL website

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.g...s.cfm#superrec

FAQs on supervised recruiting, looks like they will randomly select new PERMs and then host it for supervised recruiting.........

go_guy123 02-12-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techbuzz (Post 317290)
DOL is planning to change the LAbor certification process , the details are put up on the my lawfirm website , I really got scared after reading that. Since it is copy right protected i can not post the content. But i can say DOL is planning to reject most of the cases filed after June 2008 and ask all companies to re-start fresh process under the supervision of DOL, the process includes DOL taking the job of placing the job ads and forwarding the resumes to the employer and asking them interview and send report , the description goes on like this

The BEC project is complete and so US Govt needs to find alternate employment for them.
Thats why more and more PERM are being audited to provide jobs for the ex-BEC employees. Thats the real reason.

shantanup 02-12-2009 11:57 AM

Had this been done long time ago, there wouldn't have been any backlog. This would have plugged all the body shoppers.

insbaby 02-12-2009 01:15 PM

Awesome!!
 
I can see the future here..

2009: USCIS/DOS forwards resumes to employer and get interview reports

2011: USCIS/DOS runs interviews and selects candiates for employers

2013: USCIS/DOS will keep the resources and employers can get them on hourly rates.

2015: USCIS/DOS runs all businesses and employers close their companies

2008FebEb2 02-12-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantanup (Post 317364)
Had this been done long time ago, there wouldn't have been any backlog. This would have plugged all the body shoppers.

For sure.

There are a lot of guys who are from those blood sucking Desi body shoppers companies.

These bloody body shoppers have screwed up the entire immigration system.

The entire H1B system has been screwed up by them. :mad:

I hope USCIS weeds out all those cheaters. :)

praveenuppaluri 02-12-2009 05:08 PM

so much contempt
 
2008FebEb2

I see you came to US in Aug 2000 for MS. I came at the same time. since you have a PD of EB2 - Feb 08, my guess is, you have waited in your full time job (non-IT) to become lead engg (5+ yrs) before getting in to EB2. same here (difference is my PD will be somewhere March-May 2009-EB2).

deep down, people who came after me are infront of me in GC line simply because they had that opportunity and I didn't. Thats it. Period.

My anger is only on those who illegally got infront of me, like buying labors. thats only a few. rest of them used legal loopholes like EB porting, starting their GC within a month with desi employers, 5+ years experience without any etc. if I can be blunt, most IVans on an EAD (GC far away) are enjoying its benefits because of a legal mistake. normally, you can only get EAD some months before your GC.

if I had any of these legal loophole chances - I would have taken that loophole to be in the line. comeon - are you saying you would have given up on an opportunity of Labor substitution with earlier PD if your American company had given you a chance? its legal untill some abused it so much - so, I can't be angry with the rest of the world who just jumped on opportunities and some who came to US in 2003 even got their GCs.. :)

bottomline - I still am mad with those labor buying fakest resume EB2s. but nooo use with spending time with contempt. I personally know alot of friends in my time whose ONLY option is a desi emplyer as H1Bs are over on Week ONE. if not for desi shoppers, indian companies would have taken the H1Bs.. anyway, its a loss for students here before the 20K quota came along..

2008FebEb2 02-12-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveenuppaluri (Post 317498)
2008FebEb2

I see you came to US in Aug 2000 for MS. I came at the same time. since you have a PD of EB2 - Feb 08, my guess is, you have waited in your full time job (non-IT) to become lead engg (5+ yrs) before getting in to EB2. same here (difference is my PD will be somewhere March-May 2009-EB2).

deep down, people who came after me are infront of me in GC line simply because they had that opportunity and I didn't. Thats it. Period.

My anger is only on those who illegally got infront of me, like buying labors. thats only a few. rest of them used legal loopholes like EB porting, starting their GC within a month with desi employers, 5+ years experience without any etc. if I can be blunt, most IVans on an EAD (GC far away) are enjoying its benefits because of a legal mistake. normally, you can only get EAD some months before your GC.

if I had any of these legal loophole chances - I would have taken that loophole to be in the line. comeon - are you saying you would have given up on an opportunity of Labor substitution with earlier PD if your American company had given you a chance? its legal untill some abused it so much - so, I can't be angry with the rest of the world who just jumped on opportunities and some who came to US in 2003 even got their GCs.. :)

bottomline - I still am mad with those labor buying fakest resume EB2s. but nooo use with spending time with contempt. I personally know alot of friends in my time whose ONLY option is a desi emplyer as H1Bs are over on Week ONE. if not for desi shoppers, indian companies would have taken the H1Bs.. anyway, its a loss for students here before the 20K quota came along..


It is a fact that lot of these so called body shoppers have created a bigtime mess here.
One of my friends has put a lot of fake things and got his GC.

All I am saying is that it is about time USCIS acts and weeds out all those body shoppers(no disrespect to genuine ones).

Also, I've been working as a full time employee since 2003 in IT field. I have my MS in Computer Science. In my first job, i didnot file for GC as i didnot had any prior experience and the attorney said that there would be some queries. So i changed my job to a new company after working for 4yrs in my first job and then field for GC under EB-2.

But i know some folks who came in 2005 and bought pre-approved labors. They all have GC's now.
It is tough to accept these facts sometimes. But hey, a sound 8hr sleep tonight should clearup my mind. :D
There is a day after every night. ;)

praveenuppaluri 02-12-2009 05:29 PM

There you go..
 
and add some comedy central shows before that.. (thats what I do ;))

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2008FebEb2 (Post 317507)
.... hey, a sound 8hr sleep tonight should clearup my mind. :D
There is a day after every night. ;)


Still, all of a sudden, there are a lot of threads coming to the same issue - uproot evil body shoppers, expose fake H1B etc etc.. guess its frustrations of so many gushing out all at once on wrongdoers.. my fear is being stereotyped, we all know immigrants generally being read as "illegal" in general public, now some fake H1Bs will be read as Fake H1Bs in general..

485_spouse 02-12-2009 06:33 PM

whose fault is this?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2008FebEb2 (Post 317507)

It is a fact that lot of these so called body shoppers have created a bigtime mess here.

One of my friends has put a lot of fake things and got his GC.

why did you allowed himto do that? you could have stoped him?
Could have complained about his employer to law enforcement?
But you did not since he is your friend.
whose fault is this?

2008FebEb2 02-12-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 485_spouse (Post 317544)
why did you allowed himto do that? you could have stoped him?
Could have complained about his employer to law enforcement?
But you did not since he is your friend.
whose fault is this?

My friend told me about his deeds after he got his GC.

Well, he is not my best friend. So he didnot tell me anything until he got his GC.

waitforevergc 02-12-2009 08:13 PM

well i have met a family who got GC in 2 yrs time in EB3. they purchased a pre-approved labor


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org