Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: Do you like this idea?
Yes 9 32.14%
No 19 67.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvb123 View Post
I am telling to eliminate the 5 year automatic green card thing. Newbies and oldies will benefit from spillover. Pls read my first post completely. The new thing about this is a bill has been introduced in the house and we can support it.
Dude, again you are missing the point?

Why would oldies want to say "no" to instant GC's and wait for spillover??
Have you thought how this would reduce the retrogression?
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pls understand that this bill can di

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1309 View Post
"There is something called spillover in the last quarter. Any unused visas in the EB1 and EB2 I&C will go to EB3 I&C . Similarily any unused visas in EB1 and EB2 ROW go to EB3 ROW.
"

Do you have any commonsense talking about DOL and other rules here. There are folks here between 5 and 10 years of waiting, playing by the rules, and when the govt is trying to add a clause to respect those follks, here you come to oppose it. Did you just land from India or somewhere .
Dont worry, we will request USCIS or related to give GCs even before you take your flight to US and that way, you dont neet worry about these issues. Or may be replace H1bs with GCs. Or may be Citizenship.. hows that..
This bill also will have a similar death if there is an automatic green card provision for 5 years. We must rely only on spillovers and not on visa number exemptions and additional green cards through visa recatpure bills.

Understand the logic of spillover before writing sarcastic posts. Half knowledge is very dangerous my friend. Those who have waited 10 years get green card immediately. I also have a EB2 PD of dec 2006 but I am willing to wait 3 more years than wait permanently.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This bill also will have a similar death if there is an automatic green card provision for 5 years. We must rely only on spillovers and not on visa number exemptions and additional green cards through visa recatpure bills.

Understand the logic of spillover before writing sarcastic posts. Half knowledge is very dangerous my friend. Those who have waited 10 years get green card immediately. I also have a EB2 PD of dec 2006 but I am willing to wait 3 more years than wait permanently.
Your reasoning sucks! It has no logic whatsoever!!

If all the oldies get GC can u guess where the 140k numbers go?
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2008
Compare
mps has a spectacular aura about mps has a spectacular aura about

dvb123:

Would you mind sharing with us, number of years have you spent in US continously (except for short absence which doesn't count towards continous presence) ?

-Called lawmakers for support

Old 02-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eeezzz is a jewel in the rough eeezzz is a jewel in the rough eeezzz is a jewel in the rough

Regardless of your other weird ideas. I only look like your number 1, section A. How will that benefit US ?
Many people have been claimed that immigrants have the economy power to help the real estate market. But no one can prove it or guanantee if you get green card now, you will buy the house. So how about put this in your section A. and change the term with years.

Section A - It will grant GC to people with > 7 years in US currently employed by US company for over 3 years and owning a property with value no less than 100K in US for over 2 years.

Why 7 years ? Someone who gets into US college for undergraduate will reach 5 years time frame easily.
Why 100K or 2 years? To prevent someone just buying a small tiny piece of property to exchange for green card. So need a significant value as well as time frame.

With this term, people who want to get green card in this route will consider about buying property seriously and that will benefit the US real estate market as they need it now.
my 2 cents.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Compare
PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute

OP does not seem to have a grasp of the situation. OP needs to know the prospects of a bill before thinking that he/she is on the house/senate floor.

Lets say, hypothetically, that this bill is on the floor and if the bill text refers to earned access to legalization only for **legal** immigrants who have been here 5 years and played by the rules, there are going to be enough votes from the party of NO to get this passed.

Enough of linking the spill over and this bill. Enough of the half baked & hallucinated thoughts

Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chillax Dudes

This bill will have some legal clause added before it passes. Something like payed taxes for 5 years ..blah blah.
That will automatically give priority to the Legals first.
Therefore nothing to do just support and keep fingers crossed.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
ganguteli

Please update your profile if you like your dea to be taken seriously

Old 02-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light

This bill has nearly no chance of passing considering the current economy.

I would also qualify if GC is given for immigrants who lived in US on a job legally. It looks like a pipe dream.
I-140 Filed - 5/13/2008
I-140 Approved - 7/28/2008
I-485 -

Came in Aug 2000 for MS. Its been 8 Long years.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amendement needed for this bill to survive

That is what I have been telling. We must make an amendment to this bill to remove automatic green card after 5 years provision.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough
Default You must be joking or you don't know how painful it is to wait 5 years.

Quote:
That is what I have been telling. We must make an amendment to this bill to remove automatic green card after 5 years provision.
Let me get this right, you want to lobby to remove the >5 years clause?
You want people to call Senator/Congressman and say "Senator/Congressman, I am bla bla...., I don't want automatic green card after 5 years, please don't give me Green card after 5 years.". You must be joking or you don't know how painful it is to wait 5 years.

What are you leaving for legal immigrant bill opponents? What do you want them to do? Its opponents job to talk against the bill? is it not?

Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Compare
PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathweb View Post
Let me get this right, you want to lobby to remove the >5 years clause?
You want people to call Senator/Congressman and say "Senator/Congressman, I am bla bla...., I don't want automatic green card after 5 years, please don't give me Green card after 5 years.". You must be joking or you don't know how painful it is to wait 5 years.

What are you leaving for legal immigrant bill opponents? What do you want them to do? Its opponents job to talk against the bill? is it not?
Guys such as the OP and one other guy who was against pre application/EAD are either anti immigrant or ignorant or keep shitting in their pants that Grassley will do this, others will bring this down because of this provision and non sense. I have clearly pointed out that the provision he is s$it11ing in pants is ok to the party of NO if it is for legal immigrants. Does not seem to understand or make an attempt to understand.
$HiT! I keep biting the troll.