Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vincepr is infamous around these parts
Default Is being born in China and India a sin.

Is being born in China and India a sin. This discrimination on the basis of country of origin is similar to racial discrimination and very not in line with american principles.

Because of immigration backlog many of our Chinese and Indian friends have rely to on H1-B extension after 6 years. There is no H1 portability during this time. Isn't this modern day bonded labour again something not expected from america.

Its time to fight for the end of this discrimination so that hard working people of India and China are treated fairly in the immigration process. Lets make lawmakers and US citizens aware of the current discriminatory laws and the hardship caused by them.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincepr View Post
Is being born in China and India a sin. This discrimination on the basis of country of origin is similar to racial discrimination and very not in line with american principles.

Because of immigration backlog many of our Chinese and Indian friends have rely to on H1-B extension after 6 years. There is no H1 portability during this time. Isn't this modern day bonded labour again something not expected from america.

Its time to fight for the end of this discrimination so that hard working people of India and China are treated fairly in the immigration process. Lets make lawmakers and US citizens aware of the current discriminatory laws and the hardship caused by them.
Whats is this??? I am still wondering..

This is not discrimination ,its a simple quota..

If you are from India, Did you ever said that it was a sin to be born in the general category, because there are reservations for SC/ST...nooo

So why this..

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2009
Compare
polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold

I can wait as long as it requires .. or Quit GC

But I love the place I born and proud of it....

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

A lousy subject line!

I have already spent 2 minutes typing this and I do not want to waste any more time trying to make you understand why your post is absurd and makes no sense.

Maybe someone else here will be able to elaborate.

cheers!

Quote:

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

so whats the plan bro?????

Old 02-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all

Dude, how is it bonded labor?????? Nobody has forced you to stay in this country - you are free to take a flight back to your home country today

You are in this wait for your own cause, so don't try to shift the blame to the system!

Quote:

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Quote:

most ppl will try to insult you and try to shut you off coz even though they are suffering from this unfair country quota in skilled immigration category, they still want to live in state of denial. (If they are not suffering, most will not be here reading this post) They don't believe in themselves and in their community. The H1B community has no back bone, can't stand straight, is very scared and is not united.

When a community is ready to accept exploitation, justifies the injustice themselves and don't have any self-respect or confidence, what can you expect from such a community? (I am sure that law is not intended to do anyone any sort of injustice, I believe in american values, democracy and civil liberty. What frustrates me is that our own community does not want to discuss anything that we may think is not fair or have turned out to be something different than it may be originally thought of. why can't we atleast request to change quota propotionate to population of certain country instead of one size fits all approach? it is upto policy makers if they like what we request, but not making such request is not their fault. They have their own problems to resolve, and may not be even aware that what is going on with us.)

There are some smart among us, but they want to concentrate on how to get a stable job and get gc as much fast as they can, while cutting others from the line if possible. (nothing worng personally, I guess) I haven't seen anything other than IV who stood for us in last so many years. We are cowards and cowards can't achieve anything. Yes, I do think that being born in certain country can not be justified for years of misery and injustice, but hey that is just me, who cares! The world is not perfect. Life is not fair. One more reminder.

hmm.. found a nostalgic thread with similar discussion: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21297 (being born in India is a Bad Karma or what?)

Last edited by addsf345; 02-21-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:19 PM
ganguteli

Quote:

You created a new profile just to post this?
Are you so ashamed to express your views?

If you think being born in your motherland is a sin just because it happens to be India and China, why dont you blame your parents. Maybe being born out of your parents is also sin because they are Indians/Chinese. Maybe you should have been born out of some US citizen?
You need to purify yourself now. Go and drink lot of water from Ganges so that in your next birth you are born in USA and get your US citizenship
What a stupid thread.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Let us put it this way. Being born in India and/or China is no sin whatsoever. However being born in India/China and applying for a Green Card in the US, can be called a "sin" of sorts.

Brother, this is a LONNNGGGGG standing debate/argument/grievance from people from India/China and I am one of them.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

Couldn't have said it better! Loved it!!!!!

And then there is 'kumar1' who wants to be the champion/supporter of all nonsense threads and issues on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
You created a new profile just to post this?
Are you so ashamed to express your views?

If you think being born in your motherland is a sin just because it happens to be India and China, why dont you blame your parents. Maybe being born out of your parents is also sin because they are Indians/Chinese. Maybe you should have been born out of some US citizen?
You need to purify yourself now. Go and drink lot of water from Ganges so that in your next birth you are born in USA and get your US citizenship
What a stupid thread.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:26 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer View Post
Couldn't have said it better! Loved it!!!!!

And then there is 'kumar1' who wants to be the champion/supporter of all nonsense threads and issues on this forum.
Thanks Buddy.
An update in the dates of your profile will be appreciated

Old 02-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well..

We can't choose the country we are born in, just like we can't choose our parents.
We can't choose as to why there's lot more demand than supply for these 2 countries and why CIS or the US govt. is applying FB quota rules to EB.

What we can do however is

1. Protest in a non-violent way and hope to get our voices heard
2. Protest in a violent way and be debarred from ever getting a green card. Hey you still made your point right. Any volunteers?
3. Tough it out. Swallow your pride and wait for that elusive card ( in addition to the several pieces of plastic you already have in your wallet called credit/debit cards, DLs etc.)
4. Give the country and it's lawmakers the bird and move to another one which is more welcoming. Now nobody wants to do that, lest your spot is taken by another and he/she "will enjoy"

The visa portability is wrong. You can still transfer your visa to another employer once you are in your visa extension.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinmuck is infamous around these parts
Default Arrogant Tone

Friends, I have been extremely uncomfortable with this forum in general. The tone of most of our members is extremely arrogant and unfriendly. Even if someone posts such threads, why can't we empathize with them and keep a civil tone? Does it take too much effort to do that? We are not helping India and its image by such a tone. It's extremely sad to see the replies to this post. We have been living in America so long but haven't learned anything from their amicable and friendly demeanor. Please take this feedback in the right spirit. "Slumdog Millionaire" has done quite a bit for our image already, don't you think (Note: sarcasm alert).

To the OP, what I have learned from the GC experience so far is that we need to try our best to be eligible for the EB1 category. After all, it is the first preference for America because that's the real cream of the world that they want. And I believe it cannot be misused by 'desi' bodyshoppers since you need to show 'real' credentials. So try for that and I think you'll get your GC soon enough. I have contributed to this website but am also looking at all possible options to use my potential to get out of the EB3 category. Hope this helps.

I also believe the 'sin' is that our population increase has been out of control and that creates a huge logjam wherever we go.

Last edited by stuckinmuck; 02-22-2009 at 03:26 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anvarsha is on a distinguished road
Default giving too much value to green card!

Dude. you are giving too much value for the green card or citizenship or being in US. It is true that I am in US too. would feel bad if i need to leave only because of the financial loss of dropping all meterials i posess here and restarting life again.

But other than that, it is no big deal! Dude. there is life beyond getting / not getting a green card.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
21stIcon is a splendid one to behold 21stIcon is a splendid one to behold 21stIcon is a splendid one to behold 21stIcon is a splendid one to behold 21stIcon is a splendid one to behold 21stIcon is a splendid one to behold 21stIcon is a splendid one to behold
Default Thread originator is sinster....

If you born in poor/developing countries it's not your mistake, But if you die without doing anything for your motherland then you are sinister.

Ask yourself what you did for your country not what country did for me. if you have not thought about those lines you are illiterate and belong to illegal category,Please consider some other sites for your inability.

If you are really highly skilled individual you should overcome any problem/issue, I do not think US would waste GC for such a pessimist guy.

Last edited by 21stIcon; 02-22-2009 at 11:47 PM.