Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road
Default retrogression and outsourcing

does any one studied how retrogression is helping outsource, as many immigrants particulary from India and China are going back to their home country, they are also taking away their jobs with them.

Corporate as always is taking advantage of this situation and giving their employees nice package to go home and work from their office in India or China, in many cases one engineer is going back and setting up a team causing outsource of entire project,

I would like IV to study and bring some stories and let our law makers and public aware of this current trend

My story is in similar lines which I would like to share, but I need to hide my identity for obivouse reasons
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakp
It is easy to come up with ideas and wanting others to do the work. It is easy to throw ideas but is a challange doing it. It would have been great if instead of asking IV to do something for us, we take a lead on our ideas and do it for them with their help.
Hey look I am not throwing work at anyone, rather just want initate a task pro-activily, I did mention about my story (which by the way is not compelling), but I am sure there are many stories out there, so just want to make this note at a public place so that people can participate.

regarding IV, I would like some one from IV core group to communicate the same to media and lawmakers as they better access to them than me or any individual

Old 11-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

I know 2 people who left due to the uncertain outlook regarding their visas, one was from my company. Their stories were simply that they got tired of waiting and the uncertainty and decided that enough is enough. Sometimes i wish i have the guts to take such a decision, but thats another topic.
Outlook had an issue some time back regarding 'returning indians', it mentioned that about 25k-30k indians returned to india, some were due to visa issues and some returned because of better opportunities.
it is difficult to get an actual estimate, at least i dont know where to look for such data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3India
does any one studied how retrogression is helping outsource, as many immigrants particulary from India and China are going back to their home country, they are also taking away their jobs with them.

My story is in similar lines which I would like to share, but I need to hide my identity for obivouse reasons

Old 11-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 485Mbe4001
I know 2 people who left due to the uncertain outlook regarding their visas, one was from my company. Their stories were simply that they got tired of waiting and the uncertainty and decided that enough is enough. Sometimes i wish i have the guts to take such a decision, but thats another topic.
Outlook had an issue some time back regarding 'returning indians', it mentioned that about 25k-30k indians returned to india, some were due to visa issues and some returned because of better opportunities.
it is difficult to get an actual estimate, at least i dont know where to look for such data.
Thanks 485Mbe,

I am looking for stories where people returned to India transfereing jobs to Indian branch, eg. my company offered many guys to go back and work in India, I know few of them accepted it was win win situation, but it had adverse economy on the local branch and local economy many of them sold their houses not to mention job loses etc.

please try to touch base with guys you mentioned see if they can volunteer to share their stories.

Myself I can not contact my folks as I still work for the same company here in US