Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc View Post
If it is an IBM 3270, 5250, etc mainframe it still wouldn't take that long.
Let me take it a step further.
If the information is stored as a segregated flat file, it won't take that long.
One could just proxy a perl/java gateway and write a script to parse data.

Who does it.. make all the difference.
K, I did not intend to get into a technical discussion here, When I made the initial post. There are issues at government agencies beyond the technical nitty gritty and my post was to point out that the skill set required is not the SQL/CRM of today. Suggestions such as we can offer expertise in return does not go any where as the systems on which the databases reside are not playgrounds, where we can write code and extract what ever we want. There are change control issues, security clearance issues, just to name two on top of my head. The total time for response is not just the time it takes to develop and run a computer program and provide us results. There are administrative issues at different level of abstractions at every org and CIS sure does have a bit more of that. All these consume time. At this point, the NRC response does not indicate time but indicates cost. We are trying to find the total time it takes to send a response back to us. Based on the response time, further action needs to be taken. It is illogical and absurd to just keep thinking technically. Take of your techie hat and think beyond. All comments in jest!

For those who are wondering big time that the country of charge ability/nationality is not captured in CLAIMS, you must have missed that stake holder meeting in which CIS clearly mentioned that it will take lot of $$ to re design their system to capture biographic information and will not be able to do so. Well, what can you say, even after raising the fees by 100% CIS does not have the money to serve beneficiaries who keep filing their flagship cash cow applications such as I-131/I-765. If some one still have the link, please post it.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Priority Date

Still puzzled and wondering why they would ask about PD.

Is this something we have to fill out on the AOS application?

I know it is not always the labor filing date, it can be the I-140 filing date if someone didn't require labor cert.

But, do we fill this date out on 485 app and is it entered into their system?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10-17-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-01-2007
Compare
x1050us has a spectacular aura about x1050us has a spectacular aura about

Another FOIA case http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...6TI&refer=home

Old 03-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

needhelp...maybe instead of country of chargeability we should ask for grouping by country of birth; this is an actual field required in the I-485 form.

You are right about priority date. It is not a field available in the 485 form. in the 485 form we reference the approved I-140, which is the only place where your see the "Priority Date" field.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.jingchenglaw.com/frontend...s/I_140_01.jpg

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

also in the 485 form, please take a look on the right hand side where it says uscis use only....thats where they have "country chargeable," and I guess they are right that they make the determination during adjudication.

Last edited by yabadaba; 03-05-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Yes, country of birth should get us close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
needhelp...maybe instead of country of chargeability we should ask for grouping by country of birth; this is an actual field required in the I-485 form.

You are right about priority date. It is not a field available in the 485 form. in the 485 form we reference the approved I-140, which is the only place where your see the "Priority Date" field.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
oliTwist has a spectacular aura about oliTwist has a spectacular aura about
Default count me in.

I think I know how this works. They would outsource this program to some govt contractor (or ask the govt contractor who is working on their data ) to produce that report which costs (<10$ worth of time/effort, if they have all the data).

If all they want is money ..so be it. I am ready to pony up $50 for this,if we all approach together. But as someone suggested country of chargability is a must.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Ya, I am thinking of starting an outsourcing company which could take this stupid easy work from USCIS and outsource all that work to Thailand. Then I will sponsor work visa for all these bumps at USCIS to work in the outsourced site. Soon you will see me in the court of loo doggs answering his question "how in the world did you outsource all these 'american' jobs"? And my answer would be 'because these guys were all genius and were expert at eastimating the cost of running a query. So we hired bunch of them to represent the company with USCIS."

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliTwist View Post
I think I know how this works. They would outsource this program to some govt contractor (or ask the govt contractor who is working on their data ) to produce that report which costs (<10$ worth of time/effort, if they have all the data).

If all they want is money ..so be it. I am ready to pony up $50 for this,if we all approach together. But as someone suggested country of chargability is a must.
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 03-05-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
http://www.jingchenglaw.com/frontend...s/I_140_01.jpg

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

also in the 485 form, please take a look on the right hand side where it says uscis use only....thats where they have "country chargeable," and I guess they are right that they make the determination during adjudication.
This is confusing. In that case how do they make ROW current or PDs way ahead of India? In other words, how do they know without touching a file that PD of a ROW file is current and is eligible to get GC!

Think about the flip side. If this is true, then once they preadjuridict all cases, thousands of ROW cases will immediately become eligible to get GC and India / China will not move for year(s)!

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 03-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2003
Compare
yagw is a splendid one to behold yagw is a splendid one to behold yagw is a splendid one to behold yagw is a splendid one to behold yagw is a splendid one to behold yagw is a splendid one to behold yagw is a splendid one to behold
Default Count me too.

I can pitch in for this cause. But as others mentioned, we need to make sure what we are getting for the money and when. We can also ask for break down of charges for the money they are asking. How about involving the CIS Ombudsman and definitely GAO.

yagw

Old 03-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough
Default Priority Date

The term "Priority Date" appeared 10 times in last Visa Bulletin.

I wonder how USCIS is able to follow Visa Bulletin, without understanding this term.

I will contribute $25, if we decide to go this route. However I agree with all who say that we should ask them to make this info available periodically & REGULARLY (so that it does not end up like updates on processing dates)
Partial Sponsor of a ticket to DC Rally

PD: June 2002
I-485 Filed: June 29th 2007

Old 03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny View Post
This is confusing. In that case how do they make ROW current or PDs way ahead of India? In other words, how do they know without touching a file that PD of a ROW file is current and is eligible to get GC!

Think about the flip side. If this is true, then once they preadjuridict all cases, thousands of ROW cases will immediately become eligible to get GC and India / China will not move for year(s)!

They have already provided some kind of information to the Ombudsman's office so they must already have that information. It makes no sense otherwise how they would determine how many number of visa's they have available for each country or determine what are the PD's for each country.

OR
They do not have any program that can do it like that and that is why they did not use the full quota of visas which might have come out due to the inquiry of the Ombudsman's office.

Nixtor,
I did not say it was easy with bureaucracy and security, my response had those concerns highlighted on the other hand you may be right about the process being extremely manual where a physical verification is needed on each file which means all of us are in deep sh**t because they are working on some vague assumptions that visa numbers are /arent available and in the process we might be losing out something more or there is probably a gaint 'REGISTER' somewhere where people go and make physical entries every time a visa is allocated which will give the count... like an account book. all the above in jest ofcourse

Something ought be done about it and either way we should report it to Media and Ombudsman's office and if we still want to pay up the $5000 we can do so.

-cheers
kris
PD EB2 Jan 2001, 9/11 ,(BEC ,pink slip)
H1 new empl - Dec 02
EB3 RIR, INDIA(Empl mess up)
PD: Sep 2003 , 2nd MS - SE
140 Approval: March 2004
3EADs , 4FPs
3APs, 485 approval -- 07/30/2007
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Calls to Congressmen,Senators
Letter for administrative fixes
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold
Default I too got mail from USCIS on my FOIA

Today I got a letter from USCIS office at Lee's Summit, MO stating that it would cost app $5000 for the customozed computer program to retrive the data.

I can contribute if IV decide to sign up for this.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2007
Chargeability
:
Cyprus
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gapala is infamous around these parts gapala is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
$5000 shouldn't be a big deal for a quarter million community who's seeking some information on this...I guess either IV should start and campaign and collect money for this or we can saperately collect money for this..
Sounds great!
Where did you get this number from?
May be you had a cartesian join )

Last edited by gapala; 03-05-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
EB3IFiasco will become famous soon enough EB3IFiasco will become famous soon enough
Default This is just too jaw-dropping...

The letter is a clear indication that Dept. of State and USCIS are not in sync. The concept of priority date apparently is only used by DOS and not the USCIS. God knows how PDs cutoff's are determined given this incoherency between USCIS and DOS.
PD - DEC 04
I140 - Approved
I485 - July 07 Filer
(WAC reciept but transfered to NSC)
FP - Jan 08
I485 LUD (Wife) - On FP complete
I485 LUD (Self) - Jun 08 - "Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred."