Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: Will you contribute?
Yes, I will contribute $25 before 31st March 224 80.87%
No, will pray God and just watch sitting outside 1 0.36%
Yes, I will contribute $50 before 31st March 31 11.19%
Yes, I will contribute $100 before 31st March 21 7.58%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of
Default Action Item: Funding Drive for FOIA $10,000

Guys,

Please DO NOT vote "Yes" if you are not intending to contribute $25 for this cause. Whoever enters yes, I will pursue and make sure we get contribution before 31st March. Please make sure you send me PM with your contact information if not paying withing a week.

Please please please, do not put junk on this forum. Keep bumping up anyways.

Core, no offense meant, but please don't shy voting on this. I usually don't see core voting, understandable but keep this as an exception.

P.S.

How to donate:

1. Look at top of the thread. There is a donation bar with green progress bar.
2. Click on a link "Donate Now"
3. This will redirect you to donation selection page. Please select type of your contribution. You may choose recurring subscription for multiple months or if you want to make one time contribution, please select subscription for 1 month.
4. Click Donate. This will redirect you to pay pal secured page. You may choose your pay pal account or pay by credit card over here. You may see your name as user on pay pal page.
5. Submit payment.
6. Page will show you reference number. Please copy and paste of this thread - Optional but recommended.
7. You will receive an email from IV about payment confirmation. Your status will be changed to "Donor" from Junior / Senior member. You will not status as donor if you are IV Admin - kidding .

Update from Pappu:

As everyone is aware of the FOIA letters we have received from USCIS. We requested everyone to fax/email us the USCIS letter.

Here is an update on IV plans and what we know till now:

On Friday, during the discussions with USCIS, we came to know that that there is a backlog of FOIA requests and currently they are clearing FOIA requests they received in 2007. We also know from the letter that the report wll not have 'country of chargeability' info. This is a critical info that we ought to have. Even after paying 5K to USCIS, over one year wait time to get the FOIA request completed will be unacceptable to the community.

In light of these developments we have explored other options to get this data and use the copies of replies we get as an example how badly we need this data to get accurate picture of the size and breakdown of the current backlog, so that we can all know how long we need to wait in the current system, if nothing changes. We would also ideally like such data to be always available and updated for public periodically.

Our first option is that we put in effort to get this data without having to pay $5K to USCIS. We will also try to get the data much sooner rather than all of us wait for more than a year.This could be possible via advocacy effort and our initial discussions on this subject have been promising. We will pursue this and if we do not make much progress until the deadline then we may pay 5K and still pursue the advocacy option to get the data faster. Thus we need more than 5K to proceed with these parallel options. The advocacy effort will also be an ongoing task beyond the first month. Thus we request members to sign up for recurring payment option to support this initiative and any other initiative we undertake for the community.

We have added a paypal module on the top of each page with a target amount. Members can use this fresh tool added to IV website to contribute. We prefer if members contributing to the effort on recurring monthly basis for a long term support of IV efforts. All members who contribute through this system will also have access to special 'Contributor's Forum' on the IV website.

Thank You for your effort and contribution for building a stronger community.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Last edited by ItIsNotFunny; 03-11-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bump

I will do my part before 31 st March

Old 03-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute

ItsNotFunny....PM sent.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 03-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

I've made contributions before, but how do I make payment so that it goes specifically for this effort?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer View Post
How do I make payment specifically for this?
I am working on it, will discuss with Pappu and get back to you.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny View Post
I am working on it, will discuss with Pappu and get back to you.
Let me know how and where to address the payment once you have the logistics figured out.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute

Voted "yes".

Thanks for this drive.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
Default Special Note

Based on multiple PM to me on this issue:

I am trying to set up something with IV so that the contribution specifically will go for this cause. Any access money will be transferred to IV regular account. I will publish the account summary at the end of effort for transparency reasons.

Last edited by ItIsNotFunny; 03-06-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future

I pledge $50 for this effort.

This data will be very useful in making a solid case for fixing EB GC issues.
With this data, our claim will be supplemented and supported by the figures. Which is going to be really helpful for our cause.

Come on folks, this is very important..
Everyone is going through a hard time, but this expense of $25 is simply too important to ignore.

We can do it...

- $500 one time + $100 for DC rally + Around $500 in monthly contribution
- List of media contacts for Sep 18 rally.
- Thank you cards to heroes who helped fixing July visa bulletin

Old 03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by amits View Post
I pledge $50 for this effort.

This data will be very useful in making a solid case for fixing EB GC issues.
With this data, our claim will be supplemented and supported by the figures. Which is going to be really helpful for our cause.

Come on folks, this is very important..
Everyone is going through a hard time, but this expense of $25 is simply too important to ignore.

We can do it...
Amit, You are really a great asset to community. Thanks for all your support. This will be a good motivation for others.

Guys, we are going really well. We need to make this happen. Yes, we can!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future

I'll wait for CORE initiatives on it.
* Called members of Hispanic Caucus
* Approached local people to join IV

Old 03-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vine93 View Post
I'll wait for CORE initiatives on it.
Sorry, but I am confused! Are you going to contribute and waiting for core's initiative on this or you are waiting core's initiative for this to decide whether you will contribute or not?

Old 03-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Voted 'Yes'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny View Post
Guys,

Please DO NOT vote "Yes" if you are not intending to contribute $25 for this cause. Whoever enters yes, I will pursue and make sure we get contribution before 31st March. Please make sure you send me PM with your contact information if not paying withing a week.

Please please please, do not put junk on this forum. Keep bumping up anyways.

Core, no offense meant, but please don't shy voting on this. I usually don't see core voting, understandable but keep this as an exception.

P.S.

Based on multiple IM to me on this issue:

I am trying to set up something with IV so that the contribution specifically will go for this cause. Any access money will be transferred to IV regular account. I will publish the account summary at the end of effort for transparency reasons.
Please be specific how to remit this amount ?

Old 03-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay View Post
Please be specific how to remit this amount ?
Ajay, I am working on this. Will get back to everyone as soon as I hear something from core. This must be an IV account but specific to this cause. Please bear with me for a while.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Compare
nc14 is on a distinguished road
Default All for it

Thanks for taking the initiative. I think we should get this going so that we have some more information on where things stand.
Proud to be an IVian.