Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future
Default Recapturing unused visa numbers

Hello,
I strongly suggest that we focus our time and efforts on a single and achievable target in this calendar year 2009.
Recapturing unused visa numbers from the last two decades would help us eliminate the retrogression issue. Other changes like Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Eliminating per country limits etc would require a leap of faith in the political process and it is unlikely to be achieved in this calendar year. The economy, unemployment rates, health care etc are bound to dominate the legislative agenda this year.

I suggest writing a petition or letter to the White House and the administrative offices strongly urging them to recapture the unused visa numbers.
I think we should follow the KISS ("Keep it Simple, Stupid") Principle to achieve this target.
If we add any other immigration provisions, it would increase the complexity of the legislation and it is bound to fail.
Could the administrators of this forum please consider my suggestion of focusing on recapturing the visa numbers and assign this task the highest priority.

By re-capturing the visa numbers, we are not asking for any change in the immigration laws. We are simply asking to use the visa numbers that had been lost due to inefficient processing by the USCIS.

Let us start preparing a petition and create a dedicated fund to achieve this goal of visa number recapturing.

Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes...we need to get the unused visa numbers. But this is not the right time for that. Because of the economy there will be huge outcry and we should avoid the negative publicity.

In this situation if things are not going bad for us, we should be happy. At least for status quo rather than losing what we have.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future zuhail has a brilliant future

I disagree that this is not the right time for visa recapturing. It will be never be the right time.
Do you think the efforts like sending 1000 pizzas etc would not draw negative publicity. Think again.
What we are asking is to recapture the unused visa numbers. In this climate of high unemployment rate, I do not think there is any other legislation that would draw less negative publicity.
It is to be strongly publicized and understood that these recapturing unused visa numbers are only going to help the non-immigrants who are already employed and who are on the path to seek permanent resident status. This is NOT creating new H1B visas NOR giving away the jobs to the non-immigrants.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Challenge???

I challenge visitors in this forum to make atleast one fix, any small fix by sticking to the point and not beating around the bush and not getting into the shoes of others to paint the whole world problems in this.

Just stick to one point agenda and deliver it fully..

1. Recapture Immigrant Visas - to me too big to bite but it is the best
2. Admin fix to file I485 when date is not current - Helps lot of people who missed July 07 fiasco for various reasons..
3. Admin fix to revalidate H1B in USA - Stops all the BS about IO at POE killed someone etc..
4. Accountability of CIS - Make sure they process in FIFO by PD (Damn it, we need to define PD for them :-) )

Just stick with one damn topic and deliver it. This will help IV get the required attention.

Need an example, look at FOIA thread, In four days we had people pledging almost 8K.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of
Default Get guidance from IV core

Before taking up any agenda, check with IV core whether it is the right time.

If it was the right time, why wouldn't IV core initiate any action items when members are so willing to take up those ?

Last edited by gc28262; 03-10-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbkris77 View Post
I challenge visitors in this forum to make atleast one fix, any small fix by sticking to the point and not beating around the bush and not getting into the shoes of others to paint the whole world problems in this.

2. Admin fix to file I485 when date is not current - Helps lot of people who missed July 07 fiasco for various reasons..
3. Admin fix to revalidate H1B in USA - Stops all the BS about IO at POE killed someone etc..
4. Accountability of CIS - Make sure they process in FIFO by PD (Damn it, we need to define PD for them :-) )

Just stick with one damn topic and deliver it. This will help IV get the required attention.

Need an example, look at FOIA thread, In four days we had people pledging almost 8K.
I second this.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuhail View Post
I disagree that this is not the right time for visa recapturing. It will be never be the right time.
Do you think the efforts like sending 1000 pizzas etc would not draw negative publicity. Think again.
What we are asking is to recapture the unused visa numbers. In this climate of high unemployment rate, I do not think there is any other legislation that would draw less negative publicity.
It is to be strongly publicized and understood that these recapturing unused visa numbers are only going to help the non-immigrants who are already employed and who are on the path to seek permanent resident status. This is NOT creating new H1B visas NOR giving away the jobs to the non-immigrants.
I never supported the Idea of sending pizza, Burger or Briyani to anyone. If you are not aware, last year there was a bill introduced by congresswoman Loe. There was a huge outcry and number USA used that very effectively and that bill never took off.

This is the best option but this is not the right time when the un employment rate is 8.1 percent. Read the other thread about removing country cap issue. The core is not supporting that also because of the current market and economy situation.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Of all 4 the proposals made by vbkris77,
I would just stick with one and only one:
RE-CAPTURING VISA NUMBERS.

If we add any other item like re validating H1B inside US,accountability for USCIS etc, the message would bound to get lost. It will get bogged down by the details of implementing the other proposals. The devil is always in the details.

I think we need to stick to single target of visa re-capturing (with no mention of the word H1B in the legislation). There should be no crap about H1B workers stealing jobs nor granting pardon for illegals. Visa re-capture is for educated foreign-born professionals currently employed in US.

Many ask if this is the right time. When will be the right time?. Are we asking anything that has not been already granted by the law?. These past visa numbers have been already approved by the law but not used by the USCIS.

The time is RIGHT NOW.
It is interesting why IV team is not taking up this one item and start fund raising.
May be the team has some valid reasons for not doing so. I could only guess.
But waiting for the right time to take up this agenda of re-capturing visa numbers is not a valid reason. That is totally hopeless.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbkris77 View Post

We keep doing feasibility discussions within the team and with our advisors before launching a campaign. We did work on some in your list above + more last year and got a couple of successes in return. Admin fix for 2 year EAD, visa recapture bill introduction are some.

I feel some admin fixes can be possible at this time and some advocacy effort with USCIS can help us get more efficient service. FOIA campaign is a step in that direction. Please support it to make it successful so that we have resources and participation to move forward.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
I never supported the Idea of sending pizza, Burger or Briyani to anyone. If you are not aware, last year there was a bill introduced by congresswoman Loe. There was a huge outcry and number USA used that very effectively and that bill never took off.

This is the best option but this is not the right time when the un employment rate is 8.1 percent. Read the other thread about removing country cap issue. The core is not supporting that also because of the current market and economy situation.
All our applications are based on our Employment-- We are already employed and filed our petitions for legal permanent residency. How on earth would that affect the un-employment rate? We would continue to work in jobs in US until our I-485 gets approved. Just because delaying our approvals does not increase/decrease the un-employment rate. I am fully aware of the legislations introduced by the Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren. There were too many legislative bills in her agenda.

We would succeed if we just focus a single item-- Visa Recapturing and NO other business.

By the way Mr.snathan, are you an administrative member of the IV team?.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
We keep doing feasibility discussions within the team and with our advisors before launching a campaign. We did work on some in your list above + more last year and got a couple of successes in return. Admin fix for 2 year EAD, visa recapture bill introduction are some.

I feel some admin fixes can be possible at this time and some advocacy effort with USCIS can help us get more efficient service. FOIA campaign is a step in that direction. Please support it to make it successful so that we have resources and participation to move forward.
I think we should take visa re-capture as high priority once we clear FOIA issue. Whats your opinion?

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny View Post
I think we should take visa re-capture as high priority once we clear FOIA issue. Whats your opinion?
We have already made it a priority. This funding drive is happening after many months. I do not recollect having an IV drive in a long time. Thanks for leading the thread and making members active.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

The Visa re-capture issue could be taken immediately after the FOIA issue.
But I guess it would be all up to the IV team to decide the agenda of this organization.

It would be nice to focus all our efforts and time on ONE issue only.
When we start adding other proposals (which only gives us only temporary relief), the main message gets lost invariably.

I think we could set-up a poll as below: (it would give us an idea about the support in this forums to achieve this target

Poll:
To ONLY Re-Capture Un-used visa numbers:
I truthfully would pledge:
i) $100 in 15 days
ii) $200 in 15 days
iii) $500 or more in 15 days.

Any one donation NOT to be less than $100 PLEASE.
I believe that the goal of Visa Re-capture is worth more than that even if you are making multiple donations.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of
Default Recapture

Until Economy is back on track and unemployment rate is back to below 5%, do not attempt anything that pisses of American public. It is not the public perse, but those anti-immigration idiots will cry foul and make GC process even harder.

Right now, sit tight and wither the financial storm. The best action is to unlink I-485 adjudication to priority date. So, I-485 is approved and status changed to "Approved, awaiting VISA number".

They should create a list where approved I-485s with VISA number pending will be placed in a queue based on original PD. They should get automatic VISA number as soon as one is available in that order. Then the system automatically orders a GC. This should be automated so that another IO shouldn't mess with it.

They can also link this database with FBI or crime database so that if anyone is convicted, it will automatically generate a flag and USCIS can decide what to do with that approved 485. So, this will keep bad guys out if they commit any crimes while 485 is awaiting VISA number.

IV core, think about this.

Last edited by BPforGC; 03-10-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply. I already contributed fo FOIA campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post