Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light
Default send a message to Obama

Several weeks ago, I sent two messages to Obama about immigration issues, using "contact us" link on the whitehouse.gov website. Surprisingly today (after so many days) I got an email receipt back from them. Even though their message only had a standard reply, but it looks like some one is actually reading the messages (otherwise I would have gotten a standard reply immediately).

My suggestion to IV & everyone else here is to use this method to send out our concerns to the president. Specifically request recapture of visa numbers...add that it will help resolve the housing market problem.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute misanthrope has a reputation beyond repute

How will that help resolve housing market problem? If you are going to make a claim then make sure that you can back it up with facts/figures/evidence.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future
Post my 2 cents

Give us some relief during the period of recession and make some rules for H1B guys to stay legal and claim unemployment benifits

1. Allow H1B holders to stay unemployed but legal during this time of recession. They should be allowed unemployment insurance for the amount of money they contributed during the years of their work.
2. Don't send RFE to those in EAD during the this time of recession.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Give us some relief during the period of recession and make some rules for H1B guys to stay legal and claim unemployment benifits

1. Allow H1B holders to stay unemployed but legal during this time of recession. They should be allowed unemployment insurance for the amount of money they contributed during the years of their work.
2. Don't send RFE to those in EAD during the this time of recession.
I don't know if these points are written as a joke. Technically H1B's are guest workers. If there is no work, they need not be here. "...Don't send RFE to those on EAD...", seems to tell don't do your job of checking whatever you are supposed to check before admitting a new immigrant.

Best thing is do nothing, just wait and hope for the best. Any actions are not likely to favour immigration or speedup GC granting, as these are not favoured in difficult economic times.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuram View Post
Several weeks ago, I sent two messages to Obama about immigration issues, using "contact us" link on the whitehouse.gov website. Surprisingly today (after so many days) I got an email receipt back from them. Even though their message only had a standard reply, but it looks like some one is actually reading the messages (otherwise I would have gotten a standard reply immediately).

My suggestion to IV & everyone else here is to use this method to send out our concerns to the president. Specifically request recapture of visa numbers...add that it will help resolve the housing market problem.
"contact us" gets so many messages everyday (which are first thoroughly cleared by security), that even standard acknowledgement takes days. I don't think your acknowledgement came after somebody read and understood your priority date or country limit immigration concerns.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb View Post
"contact us" gets so many messages everyday (which are first thoroughly cleared by security), that even standard acknowledgement takes days. I don't think your acknowledgement came after somebody read and understood your priority date or country limit immigration concerns.
security clears of what? Anthrax?
For heaven's sake, those are just text, right? I dont think we can do an attachment..

Old 03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute

Voted for few pro legal immigration messages!

Old 03-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcisadawg View Post
security clears of what? Anthrax?
For heaven's sake, those are just text, right? I dont think we can do an attachment..
There are more than 100,000 emails and more than 40,000 paper letters coming to Obama every day. I doubt, if all get acknowledged after somone reads them. Some sort of filtering process has to handle that task. With security I meant, checking on originating IP addresses against their watch-lists, certain words in the text, etc. As per reports, Obams is given some 10 letters (may be some emails) everyday to read.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are more than 100,000 emails and more than 40,000 paper letters coming to Obama every day. I doubt, if all get acknowledged after somone reads them. Some sort of filtering process has to handle that task. With security I meant, checking on originating IP addresses against their watch-lists, certain words in the text, etc. As per reports, Obams is given some 10 letters (may be some emails) everyday to read.
u bet!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
enthu999 is a jewel in the rough enthu999 is a jewel in the rough enthu999 is a jewel in the rough enthu999 is a jewel in the rough
Default Open letter to Obama, congress and senators in News pagers

Just an idea, if emails or letters doesn't reach Obama...may be IV should consider an open letter to Obama,Congress and Senate by buying space in major news papers
and suggesting the obvious economic benefits(buying homes, home renovations, buying durable goods etc) of speeding legal immigration.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I don't know if these points are written as a joke. Technically H1B's are guest workers. If there is no work, they need not be here. "...Don't send RFE to those on EAD...", seems to tell don't do your job of checking whatever you are supposed to check before admitting a new immigrant.

Best thing is do nothing, just wait and hope for the best. Any actions are not likely to favour immigration or speedup GC granting, as these are not favoured in difficult economic times.
I agree about your comment on guest workers. But h1bs are also human beings. Rather than treating them like car imported from Japan treat them humane. Don't just think of h1bs as a number. There is a human being behind them. Its not easy to just uproot everything you have since last 10yrs and move back to where you came. This is not a treatment for a "guest".

Also how humane is this for a country touting horn of human rights all over the world (read Tibet/China)?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcnotfiledyet View Post
I agree about your comment on guest workers. But h1bs are also human beings. Rather than treating them like car imported from Japan treat them humane. Don't just think of h1bs as a number. There is a human being behind them. Its not easy to just uproot everything you have since last 10yrs and move back to where you came. This is not a treatment for a "guest".

Also how humane is this for a country touting horn of human rights all over the world (read Tibet/China)?
I agree and share your views on how someone should treat a guest, etc. But I just stated facts.

Regarding open letter to Obama mentioned above, I agree with it one hundred percent. Focus of the letter should be (i) workers are highly educated, (ii) they are legally working and paying taxes, (iii) they are approved for GC, and are simply waiting for completing work on adjustment of their status, (iv) administrative inefficiency. Remember when one files for AOS, a visa is supposed to be already available for you (although due to USCIS bungling that has not been the case).

Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu999 View Post
Just an idea, if emails or letters doesn't reach Obama...may be IV should consider an open letter to Obama,Congress and Senate by buying space in major news papers
and suggesting the obvious economic benefits(buying homes, home renovations, buying durable goods etc) of speeding legal immigration.
Just one space buy in a major newspaper will cost 10s of thousands of dollars. I think it is a waste of money.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:29 AM
ganguteli

Quote:
You are probably right. Sending junk emails is no use.