Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are they clearing I-485 backlog?

04/08/2009: USCIS Projected I-140 and EB-485 Processing Times and Ongoing Massive Adjudication of Pending Visa Number Available I-140 and EB-485 Cases

* The I-140 and EB-485 waiters, particularly those who filed the cases during the period of FY 2007 July Visa Bulletin fiasco period, are currently receiving either the RFEs and approvals or denials en masse from the Service Centers, turning a lot of waiters into smiley faces. On behalf of all of these smiley faces, we want to send our message of "THANK YOU" to the leaders of the USCIS and the Honorable Napolitano of DHS for the action in place to remove the backlogs. Thank you, Thank you, and THANK YOU!!
Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddipati1 View Post
i met a guy like this last weekend. came to US 2/3 yrs back. has masters in India and has 5 yrs total experience. not doing any research. He is actually a contractor at a client. the employer, applied his GC under EB1. he got GC under 1yr. I was amazed.
he says, his employer applied for few of his other colleagues too, but rejected. most amazingly, for one of his boss (1 or 2 levels above him) also they applied under EB1 but his app was rejected. unbelievable stuff. i guess the EB1 verification is random.
If you think any fraud is going on or there is a law being misused you must complain to USCIS and Ombudsman. Unless it is reported nobody in a position of power will know about it and nothing will be done to stop it.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 04-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute

I guess when millions are unemployed, why not kick out foreign workers so that the jobs become available to the locals ?, is that the intention ?

Whatever it is, folks are hoarding cash, and if given a GC can stimulate the economy. I guess we will know who the real gainers and loosers are

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2010
Compare
permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008FebEb2 View Post
A lot of Desi Consulting Companies do these kinds of things. They can cook up any resume and any requirement.

Real PHD guys who worked their asses off day and night in trying to publish some worth while papers are not getting consideration for EB1 and these DCC guys with a bachelors in any discipline and 5-7yrs experience can become Multi-national executives and fall under EB1.

Nothing helps us legally working people with US Masters Degrees who have been living as law abiding citizens for years.

One of my friends who did Bachelors with me in India came to US on h1B and actually bought his EB2 Labor back in 2005 through a DCC and now has a GC. He never even told me that he did that. He told me recently after he got his GC.
I agree that is really a b*** . We pay taxes, contribute to the economy/society etc and we don't preference wheras any manager living outside can get GC in 6 months is very dissapointing. I don't blame the ppl who got through DCC like this but the law itself should be fixed.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
If you think any fraud is going on or there is a law being misused you must complain to USCIS and Ombudsman. Unless it is reported nobody in a position of power will know about it and nothing will be done to stop it.
And this should be done sooner than later. If we keep quiet about this like everyone did for labor substitution, we are the only ones who are going to suffer. I came here in 1998 and did my MS and have been working like dog all these years. Have faced layoffs, exploiting by DCC, had to refile my GC and now these fake EB1 guys come along and get GC in 6 months.

Trust me, I will be reporting the company that I have heard of the case to ombudsman and USCIS. And I think everyone who has heard of this should verify and then report it also.

Lets start this campaign also because in the long run, it will benefit both EB2 and EB3.

And genuine EB1 guys dont have to worry about this because if they really do have extra-ordinary capabilities they should not have hard time proving it (so called Multinational executives)

Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nisra is on a distinguished road
Default There is a thread in other forum already

http://www..com/usa-discussi...page/last_page

Old 04-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Before we go any further

Quote:
I will try to explain the process it takes to get qualified for EB1C.

You will need to be outside USA for an year working as an Executive or manager. Come back to USA in that role. So the appropriate visa will be L1A. Most Indian companies require atleast 5-6 years of experience before they look at your resume for a manager. Most of the managers now a days get fired if their targets are not met in couple of quarters. So staying in that position for couple of years it self is a big deal. Now they need to prove the candiate valid for L1A position. Face a visa interview and come here and start working. Even if the same company is sponsering the L1A. Compaines usually wait for an year or two before they file I140. This application wll rot in CIS queue for long enough before they get a decision and GC.

This is the actual process.. If some company works in an apartment in India with one man show and tries to get an L1A, I am not sure if they will get through and get a VISA??? It is quite common that we have more EB1Cs becos, the number of Desi companies have grown. So if you think you are experienced and want to give a shot, try it. These kind of complaints in a longer run will bite us by delaying the applications and building backlogs..

I think it has become a standard process after any visa bulletin. We try to fight on EB2/EB3 or India vs. ROW or AP in India vs. rest of India. This time it happened to be EB1 vs. rest of EB..

The system is already screwed.. Lets not add more delays.. If we want to complain, lets complain about the root cause of the problem.. i.e. CIS wasted visas that caused these backlogs..
Just ask your self a question, if you were given GC tomorrow will you care who comes next or how one comes here??? Atleast I won't. There is a whole department paid to do this job..

Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pappu,

Quote:
Can you please let us know the procedure? I'm very much interested in filing a formal complaint with the CIS and Ombudsman. I'm not against genuine candidates getting their GC through MNC executive category, but would like to stop this malpractice.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbkris77 View Post

You will need to be outside USA for an year working as an Executive or manager. Come back to USA in that role. So the appropriate visa will be L1A. Most Indian companies require atleast 5-6 years of experience before they look at your resume for a manager. Most of the managers now a days get fired if their targets are not met in couple of quarters. So staying in that position for couple of years it self is a big deal. Now they need to prove the candiate valid for L1A position. Face a visa interview and come here and start working. Even if the same company is sponsering the L1A. Compaines usually wait for an year or two before they file I140. This application wll rot in CIS queue for long enough before they get a decision and GC.

This is the actual process.. If some company works in an apartment in India with one man show and tries to get an L1A, I am not sure if they will get through and get a VISA??? It is quite common that we have more EB1Cs becos, the number of Desi companies have grown. So if you think you are experienced and want to give a shot, try it. These kind of complaints in a longer run will bite us by delaying the applications and building backlogs..

I think it has become a standard process after any visa bulletin. We try to fight on EB2/EB3 or India vs. ROW or AP in India vs. rest of India. This time it happened to be EB1 vs. rest of EB..

The system is already screwed.. Lets not add more delays.. If we want to complain, lets complain about the root cause of the problem.. i.e. CIS wasted visas that caused these backlogs..
Just ask your self a question, if you were given GC tomorrow will you care who comes next or how one comes here??? Atleast I won't. There is a whole department paid to do this job..
Guys who come here on H1Bs and apply? Let us set aside the fraud inherent in L1 visa for another day. The visa recapture is there, but it is also a separate issue which takes a while to accomplish.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikra007 will become famous soon enough
Default Support HR 1791

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbkris77 View Post

Since there are so many sympathizers for genuine phds not getting EB1 approved, is there any way we can support HR 1791 bill presented by Senator Flake? http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24789 (H.R 1791 STAPLE Act)

this bill is already introduced and it can get approved easily if we can call for support. This would free up some EB quota for EB2/3.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of

There are total 78 approvals for EB3-India for this financial Year and now EB3-I is unavailable for rest of the year.

At this pace, it will take hundreds of years for EB3-I backlog to clear. This per country cap and new spill over process is killing EB3-I and there are no hopes.

We must do something. I wrote several letters to Local Senators, Ms Lofgren, Mr. President, Mr. Vice President but nobody offered any help for me.

Now I am ready for hunger strike. Anybody ?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default No..

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire76 View Post
Guys who come here on H1Bs and apply? Let us set aside the fraud inherent in L1 visa for another day. The visa recapture is there, but it is also a separate issue which takes a while to accomplish.
H1Bs can't get EB1C. They need to be outside country in 1 out of 3 prceeding years. EB1C is intracompany transfer visa. Even if one is on H1B, they will be need to moved to L1A before they attempt this to my knowledge. Again we are not here to fix the world., we are here to fight for our cause and get going.. Lets be clear.. Most guys after getting their Citizenship, will also vote for republicans... So to me if we can somehow through, under, around get that visa recapture, we are all back to business my friend.. It is not a separate issue. It is the issue..

Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute

Hunger strike ?, i dont know my friend, sounds like a neat idea to get attention, but then what happens if its becomes an indefinite hunger strike, i mean i hope you do understand the consequences of that.
I think we are at a stage where people are fed up with the process, but i hope good things happen to people who wait.
Sabar ka phal meetha hota hai

Old 04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

So now this thread has turned into a sob story of how a handful of misused EB1 visas are bad for the whole group (i am a screwed up low level EB3, i am not in competing with EB1's or 2 or 4's for that matter) ...we just need some bad guys to pin the blame on. We are loosing sight of the big picture here. We can either complain or cry or do nothing, to each his/her own. write a letter to the authorities. they will take 5 years to investigate and 10 more visas will be available to for redistribution to Eb2 from EB1, meanwhile we will create a new thread everymonth and complain how messed up the system is and how screwed up we are....

...reminds me of a quote from Maya Angelou:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

Lets all get together and work for visa recapture, it is free of country and category caps, everyone will benefit.

Last edited by 485Mbe4001; 04-08-2009 at 09:08 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of
Angry

It's really very disappointed especially eb3 becomes "U"