Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default If USCIS was a TV selling company !!!!!

This is just a humour but has a meaning underneath if you try to understand. I am comparing USCIS to a product selling company. If USCIS was a TV selling company what would happen to the customers the way it acts ?

You could buy a TV but you will not know when you will get it. It could be shipped the next week, the next month, next year or never.
The credit card will be charged once, may be charged twice or a valid CC may get rejected.
Somebody who buys a TV from USCSIS a 2 years after you do, he may get it sooner than you do.
USCIS has no way of knowing how many TVs have been ordered and how many of them are in stock.
In case you do not receive your TV in two years, USCIS acknowledges that there is a long wait time for some and does not do anything about it. USCIS thinks acknowledgment of wait time is more than enough that it has done for the customers. Customers did not deserve this but USCIS did a favour to them being a good "Customer Service" company
There would be an online survey after you buy it which would never get submitted 99% of the times.
In case it did get submitted, somebody will read one out of 10,000.
After reading it he will throw it in the trash can.
If you get a defective TV (which is quite likely), you have a chance to file appeal by paying the same amount of money for the TV again so that your case can be re-opened.
I wonder how many customers would USCIS have eventually ??? Any guesses ??? :-)

Last edited by bsbawa10; 05-27-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold

Dude, what are you talking about Am I missing any comedy here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbawa10 View Post
<ul>
<li>You could buy a TV but you will not know when you will get it. It could be shipped the next week, the next month, next year or never.
<li>The credit card may not be charged, may be charged twice or a valid CC may get rejected.
<li>Somebody who buys a TV from USCSIS a 2 years after you do, he may get it sooner than you do.
<li>USCIS has no way of knowing how many TVs have been ordered and how many of them are in stock.
<li>In case you do not receive your TV in two years, USCIS acknowledges that there is a long wait time for some and does not do anything about it.
<li>There would be an online survey after you buy it which would never get submitted 99% of the times.
<li>In case it did get submitted, somebody will read one out of 10,000.
<li>After reading it he will throw it in the trash can.
<li>If you get a defective TV (which is quite likely), you have a chance to file appeal by paying the same amount of money for the TV again so that your case can be re-opened.
I wonder how many customers would USCIS have eventually ??? Any guesses ???
</ul>

Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
Just comparing USCIS with any product selling company .

Old 05-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rick_rajvanshi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Just comparing USCIS with any product selling company .
I always thought I was the only person going insane with this kind of wait and watch game being played with our lives. Good to see some company.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future

Do you work for a TV manufacturing company or watch lots of shows like a couch potato. I can understand you like to watch some channels but cannot imagine spending hours to make a quote

Quote:
You could buy a TV but you will not know when you will get it. It could be shipped the next week, the next month, next year or never.
The credit card may not be charged, may be charged twice or a valid CC may get rejected.
Somebody who buys a TV from USCSIS a 2 years after you do, he may get it sooner than you do.
USCIS has no way of knowing how many TVs have been ordered and how many of them are in stock.
In case you do not receive your TV in two years, USCIS acknowledges that there is a long wait time for some and does not do anything about it. USCIS thinks acknowledgment of wait time is more than enough that it has done for the customers. Customers did not deserve this but USCIS did a favour to them being a good "Customer Service" company
There would be an online survey after you buy it which would never get submitted 99% of the times.
If you get a defective TV (which is quite likely), you have a chance to file appeal by paying the same amount of money for the TV again so that your case can be re-opened.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, just years of EB backlog are taking a toll on his health and mind.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts

Very nice!!!!
Quote:
The credit card may not be charged, may be charged twice or a valid CC may get rejected.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Even I failed to understand the point made by original poster. I sometime doubt we come here for discussing some serious stuff or some comedy circus?

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice

LOL, nice post.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

op seems to have just lost it!

(no offense please)

dis is wat happens 2 normal beings one-by-one.. can't blame anyone.

Years and years of wait, fear, desperation, being deceived and finally followed by series of shocks called visa bulletins --> end result "it all ends-up this way".

Old 05-27-2009, 05:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivarajan View Post
op seems to have just lost it!

(no offense please)

dis is wat happens 2 normal beings one-by-one.. can't blame anyone.

Years and years of wait, fear, desperation, being deceived and finally followed by series of shocks called visa bulletins --> end result "it all ends-up this way".
My apologies, I thought I was making a point. The point was trying to see and realize that if USCIS was behaving with us this way it is, what would happen if it was a product selling company ? Could it do the same to its customers ? Could customers tolerate it ? Could USCIS have survived ?
But if I could not show it just ignore my thread or Admin , please delete it.

Last edited by bsbawa10; 05-27-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

funny!

Quote:
This is just a humour but has a meaning underneath if you try to understand. I am comparing USCIS to a product selling company. If USCIS was a TV selling company what would happen to the customers the way it acts ?

The credit card will be charged once, may be charged twice or a valid CC may get rejected.
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinaypuri will become famous soon enough
Default bunkers...

US Green Card Wait is driving ppl. crazy !

Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
Even I failed to understand the point made by original poster. I sometime doubt we come here for discussing some serious stuff or some comedy circus?

Users comments for the above post that I got. Now, why should I come here for HUMOR.
May be guys down there can give me answer who posted these comments for me.

- > YOU ARE THE COMEDY FOR NOT GETTIN HUMOR, NOW KEEP BURNING LAMP

- > DON'T BE A NERD, LEARN TO LAUGH, US IS ABOUT COMEDY

Old 05-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/08/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add -

If customer is from India/China/Mexico then they will receive the product in 10 years. Rest all can get it in 3/4 years.

If customer uses Master Card (EB-1) then they get it in 6 months, Discover (EB-2) in 1 year. Rest all will wait for a long time.

Their order goes in pending queue, if they do not receive the product within 1 year then they have to renew the order and customer will pay for this renewal.

9 YEARS AND COUNTING.........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
Users comments for the above post that I got. Now, why should I come here for HUMOR.
May be guys down there can give me answer who posted these comments for me.

- > YOU ARE THE COMEDY FOR NOT GETTIN HUMOR, NOW KEEP BURNING LAMP

- > DON'T BE A NERD, LEARN TO LAUGH, US IS ABOUT COMEDY
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - July 2007 and pending
Filed 2nd labor in 2009
Filed 2nd I-140 in 2009
Ported the PD
GC in 08-2010 almost 10 years after coming to the US.