Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jchan is a splendid one to behold jchan is a splendid one to behold jchan is a splendid one to behold jchan is a splendid one to behold jchan is a splendid one to behold jchan is a splendid one to behold jchan is a splendid one to behold
Default For those who support AOS filing before PD is current

If you have not submitted I-485 at this time --

With the current wait time, it is almost impossible to survive on the job till we get the green card. If one loses job before I-485 application, all green card efforts are down the drain, and he/she becomes instantly out of status without work on H1B.

However, if it is allowed to file I-485 based on some qualifications (i.e. I-140 approved for more than a year, etc.), we can stay legally with AOS without having to worry about losing jobs.

We had a similar discussion in March which ended up with no action items. This time I want to enroll as many people as possible and we will co-sign a letter that will be sent to USCIS, DOS, and Congress members. Please reply this thread if you'd like to have your names included with signature for this petition. If you have other ideas that will help us, please feel free to use this thread to contribute.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of

I support this.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold

I do not fall in this category... but I surely support any such initiative. I can imagine the pain involved in keeping the legal status for that long without AOS...
I wanted to keep using my H1B and my first attempt to renew my H1B left me with a H1B approval without I-94... if not for AOS, I might have been stuck in India in the name of administrative delays in H1b stamping.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts
Default Do not worry

Within next 12 months July 07 fiasco will return again...

remember they now have close to 1800 new employees to support..

BTW: July fiasco was to hire those people...July 2010, July 2012 etc etc will be to maintain expenses and save for SSA and Medicare...

485 will be processed based on current criteria till people either leave this country or move to Canada or somewhere else.....

Green Card processing is the best business for USCIS and is must for its survival...H1B is the cash cow...it neigther Add nor takes away any talent or Jobs...60K per year [out of which 30% return within 2 years [those who come through Indian IT firms] people in the jobless market of 20 million is like drop in an ocean...

Whatever difference law firms and USCIS may say...I am dead sure by first Qtr of 2010 USCIS will start giving out GC's to each and every applicant who has 485 pending for more then 2 years....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rkgc is on a distinguished road
Default Count me in!

count me in

Old 06-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did you ask CORE ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchan View Post
If you have not submitted I-485 at this time --

With the current wait time, it is almost impossible to survive on the job till we get the green card. If one loses job before I-485 application, all green card efforts are down the drain, and he/she becomes instantly out of status without work on H1B.

However, if it is allowed to file I-485 based on some qualifications (i.e. I-140 approved for more than a year, etc.), we can stay legally with AOS without having to worry about losing jobs.

We had a similar discussion in March which ended up with no action items. This time I want to enroll as many people as possible and we will co-sign a letter that will be sent to USCIS, DOS, and Congress members. Please reply this thread if you'd like to have your names included with signature for this petition. If you have other ideas that will help us, please feel free to use this thread to contribute.
Few members started initiative for same. But I think Its not possible. Pray to GOD that we may get chance. What else can be do ? We are minority with in minority. Also we cannot qualify for human right !!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kcforgc is just really nice kcforgc is just really nice kcforgc is just really nice kcforgc is just really nice
Default I support this

I fully support this. I missed the bus in July 07 due to my company's lazy HR people and due to the over complication of things by the lawyer. It was delayed by almost 1.5 years.
My I-140 is approved in July 08 - but could not apply for I-485 due to retrogression.

After suffering all the pain, I'm laid off & Aug 31st is my last day. I will need to restart this painful process. Hence, I fully support this proposal. At least it will be beneficial to the people who are in a similar situation.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am in

I am in. But how do we go about doing this?? Letters may not be effective always. We need to work with Lawmakers office etc. to get this going.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute

I am in.
There was a IV core voting item on this. I don't if this is still perused by IV core.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute

Count me IN
I 485 Applied on: Yet to Apply..
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/
Contributed 200$
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Please do not consider this as a legal advice.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future

I support this even though I already filed my AOS

Old 06-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of

I am in.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute

count me in

Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute
Default I support

though I don't fall into this category. I understand any little step that helps for people who are going to be waiting for a while to get their green cards. Myself having been in H1B for about 11 years and having waited for my green card since March 2002.

Ability to apply for EAD, will at least give H4s some freedom in this country.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/

Old 06-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of heywhat has much to be proud of

I am in for this