Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light
Default AILA Letter: America needs to reform immigration

I got this email from AILA, I think we can make this a success.... are they trying to do CIR again?? letter is below
===============

We have some big news.

This week, hundreds of allied organizations launched the campaign to Reform Immigration FOR America in cities all across the country -- from Los Angeles to Maine, Miami to Seattle. Today, a broad coalition of allies from labor, business, and community groups officially kicked off the national campaign in Washington, DC. The American Immigration Lawyers Association is a part of this exciting grassroots movement to reform immigration, and we invite you to join us.

On June 4th, over 700 advocates are descending on Capitol Hill to tell Congress:

"We cannot wait any longer. America needs to reform immigration now."
We can't afford to fly you out to DC to join them in person, but we can give you a 1-click way to make sure we have impact. Please take 30 seconds to send a (free) fax to your Senators, Representative, and Congressional leadership right now

http://www.reformimmigrationforamerica.org/?p=AILA

Then please forward this to friends and family. Our goal is to back up those 700 advocates on the Hill with 2,500 phone calls and 20,000 faxes.

Here's our thinking: President Obama has said reforming the immigration system is a priority for him. But it's going to take more than just having the President on our side to win. We need 279 votes to pass comprehensive immigration reform: 218 US Representatives + 60 Senators + the President's signature. So over the coming months, we're going to be asking you to help us flood Congress and the White House with faxes, calls, emails, and visits to say (each in our own way):

Our economy and thousands of families are suffering under the burden of a broken system. The time has come for just and humane immigration reform. We cannot wait any longer.

Together, we can make this happen.

Marshall Fitz
Director of Advocacy
American Immigration Lawyers Association
==========
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future

I got the same letter too and was about to post it here. I think we need to push and fax. I have faxed my senators already.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future
Default Send fax to congress

GUYS,
PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK, TYPE YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND ADDRESS AND IT WILL SEND A FAX TO CONGRESS ON YOUR BEHALF TO SUPPORT IMMIGRATION REFORM.

I JUST DID IT AND IT TOOK ME ONLY 1 MINUTE TO DO SO. THEY SAY THEY NEED 20,000 FAXES TO BE SENT BEFORE JUN 8 TO HAVE A SUCCESS.

BEST REGARDS,

Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare

great! thanx. , lets keep this thread up and running ;-)

Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Faxed.

I had already faxed and left a message to my senators office. Hoping to hear soon from them.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Just Did it...

Hope this turns out well...

Old 06-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
Default Send fax to congress

GUYS,
PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK, TYPE YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND ADDRESS AND IT WILL SEND A FAX TO CONGRESS ON YOUR BEHALF TO SUPPORT IMMIGRATION REFORM.

I JUST DID IT AND IT TOOK ME ONLY 1 MINUTE TO DO SO. THEY SAY THEY NEED 20,000 FAXES TO BE SENT BEFORE JUN 8 TO HAVE A SUCCESS.

BEST REGARDS,

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
akscjun is infamous around these parts akscjun is infamous around these parts akscjun is infamous around these parts akscjun is infamous around these parts akscjun is infamous around these parts

done. also added the link on my twitter page http://twitter.com/akscjun

Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light

yes we need to support this cause but do we know exactly what they are pushing for??? need to explore details though..

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute

done

Old 06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
globaldesi can only hope to improve
Default Done!

I have done that for me and my wife too!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light
Default Done

Faxed

Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all
Default Not faxed yet

I skimmed through their website. More than 90% of it is regarding giving a path to illegal/undocumented workers for establishing permanent residence. There is one point that seems to be somewhat helpful to legal immigrants like us:

"Allocate sufficient visas to close unlawful migration channels. One of the great failures of our current system is that the level of legal immigration is set arbitrarily by Congress—as a product of political compromise. The allocation of employment visas to workers should be depoliticized and placed in the hands of an independent commission that can assess labor shortages and determine the number and characteristics of foreign workers to be admitted, with Congress's approval."

But it seems to be far-fetched and I am not very clear whether it will help us. So, I haven't sent a FAX - Please let me know if you think otherwise... To me, it seems like a path to an excellent business opportunity for AILA lawyers

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all
Default Other idea

Instead of supporting this campaign, we should be mailing to AILA (or whoever is running this campaign) to include our goals such as visa recapture and removing country quota. Then we will support this campaign and send the fax as requested.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute
It doesnt hurt to ask just sent an email.. hope I will get a response

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmat View Post
Instead of supporting this campaign, we should be mailing to AILA (or whoever is running this campaign) to include our goals such as visa recapture and removing country quota. Then we will support this campaign and send the fax as requested.