Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts
Default Wake up EB3 people!

If anything, this VB proves that the only way forward for those under EB3 category is HR3012. Undeniably, EB3 does not deserve this treatment and something needs to be done. The question is who is going to do it, if not those who are the worst affected lot! Wake up and if you are already awake, make other EB3 folks come out of their slumber, NOW!

I, btw, belong to EB2 with a PD of Mar 2010 but it pains me to the core to see my brethren suffer like this!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats EB2 guys dont forget to

atleast say a simple prayer for EB-3 folks who are waiting for a decade now and still waiting to get dates current. What a great Immigration system we have in this Great Country !! God help EB-3

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever crap it is the system is a screwed up beyond repair. If Hr3012 won't pass, The best way for EB3 folks is to move on to a different job and get the frigg out of Eb3. This is beyond ridiculous. I'm mighty pissed on a friday evening.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldIwait View Post
Un-Freakin-Believable !!!

Finally I-AM-CURRENT. Thank You IV !
Great.

Thanks to 2 unsung heroes of IV that helped with some calculations early this week. It enabled us to propose dec 09 date. This is so great for people to file their 485s.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of

This is good news for EB2.

Congrats, I know how it feels to wait - I am really happy for all who have their PD current - I am glad - y'all get ready to move on to the next step, next phase of life.

Its precious, work hard and create new possibilities for yourself, open new doors and prosper.

I wish you the very best.

For my EB3 brethren, a word of advise, we need to rejoice in the good fortune of others. There is not much we can control but our thoughts and action, so please consider focusing on yourself. Anger, Jealousy and Envy is not going to help. Check out the page below and use some or all the ideas there.

Learn to Rejoice in the Good Fortune of Others

And of course - make sure you tell about HR3012 to at least one person A DAY and get them send letters.

Now that I have did my little part to spread some positive energy (philosophical BS), wishes for me(and other EB3 brethren ).......It would be nice if EB3 with PD of 01JAN2005 is treated same as EB2 with PD of 01JAN2010 with respect to getting the spill overs. I know if only wishes where.......

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrtpMay2004 View Post
This is good news for EB2.

Congrats, I know how it feels to wait - I am really happy for all who have their PD current - I am glad - y'all get ready to move on to the next step, next phase of life.

Its precious, work hard and create new possibilities for yourself, open new doors and prosper.

I wish you the very best.

For my EB3 brethren, a word of advise, we need to rejoice in the good fortune of others. There is not much we can control but our thoughts and action, so please consider focusing on yourself. Anger, Jealousy and Envy is not going to help. Check out the page below and use some or all the ideas there.

Learn to Rejoice in the Good Fortune of Others

And of course - make sure you tell about HR3012 to at least one person A DAY and get them send letters.

Now that I have did my little part to spread some positive energy (philosophical BS), wishes for me(and other EB3 brethren ).......It would be nice if EB3 with PD of 01JAN2005 is treated same as EB2 with PD of 01JAN2010 with respect to getting the spill overs. I know if only wishes where.......
While I appreciate your patience and positive energy. Sometimes venting and cussing out helps. There is no harm in doing that once in a while. At least you get that out of the system. Like I said whatever be the case Hr3012 is our only hope. If not it's better to port to EB2 and move on. The sad thing is I know many EB3's from 02,03 and 04 are almost close to 35 and are afraid of changing the status quo. Either way let's hope for Hr3012 to pass.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2012
Compare
whiz is a splendid one to behold whiz is a splendid one to behold whiz is a splendid one to behold whiz is a splendid one to behold whiz is a splendid one to behold whiz is a splendid one to behold whiz is a splendid one to behold whiz is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to all those who are current. Even having a 2yr EAD/AP is way better than the mess of having H1B and going for stamping even when you work as a full time employee and not in EVC model. Very few companies would be ok with their employees on vacation for 40+ days and its so common that this happens these days in US consulates in India.

I feel sorry for the EB3-I/C folks. HR 3012 will ease the pain a bit BUT there will be an over-6 year wait time. I am eagerly waiting for the HR 3012 to pass. I was so pissed with the way ROWers were acting on other sites. The next move has to be visa recapture. I request everyone who got their EAD/APs/GCs to stay in touch in IV and follow all the action items whenever the call comes.

Again, good news on a new year for some of us who are current now. Enjoy the forthcoming FREEDOM!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

Guys EB3-I is dead. I hope HR 3012 passes. Will there be any spill over of visas to EB3-I? Why can't they give spillover of 30,000 to most retrogressed category in the world. Something wrong with legal immigration system.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk2k2 View Post
Teddy,
Why would EB3-I spill over to EB3 ROW and not EB3-I?
According to the current law a country reaching 7% effectively gets capped others can move on. The 7% shackles can be freed only if there are no other claimants in that or higher category then they get the numbers this is the case with EB2-I. Unfortunately by the time it gets to EB3, Eb3 is not current and won't be current anytime soon so EB3-I gets no spillover. HR 3012 will allow the oldest case within the category to get the numbers first basically the 7% rule will go away.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action Items for Everyone

Congrats everyone...

Everyone should support HR 3012 and act

People, USA needs now more than ever,

Eliminate Discrimination Based on Country of Birth in 21st Century - HR3012 !
Proud contributor, active in all Action Items

Old 01-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasun View Post
atleast say a simple prayer for EB-3 folks who are waiting for a decade now and still waiting to get dates current. What a great Immigration system we have in this Great Country !! God help EB-3
unfortunately prayer won't help; action will. Situation in EB3 is that bad; just came back from a get together and all we talked is VB. The 2005 EB3 guy wasn't even interested...he already has EAD

EB2 would have moved to 01-Jan-2011 instead of 2010 if Infosys, CTS hadn't been applying for analysts and testers as "Global Program Managers" in EB1-C.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvenkat View Post
While I appreciate your patience and positive energy. Sometimes venting and cussing out helps. There is no harm in doing that once in a while. At least you get that out of the system. Like I said whatever be the case Hr3012 is our only hope. If not it's better to port to EB2 and move on. The sad thing is I know many EB3's from 02,03 and 04 are almost close to 35 and are afraid of changing the status quo. Either way let's hope for Hr3012 to pass.
Agreed 100%. Once in a while, venting and being a cry baby helps take off some burden off the mind. also sharing with like minded ppl comforts that you are not alone. Regards to jealousy, envy blah blah, of course a person who waited for close to a decade and potentially wait for 5 more years will be jealous of someone who gets it in less than 5 years overall. EB-3 folks are not sadhu sants they are everyday human beings with reasonable aspirations and goals.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthisagar View Post
Thank You Teddy for clarification

so Eb-3 India now became the victim of system hmmmmmmmmmmm.. now what are all it becomes if H.R. 3012 is not law. no one knows.
Why should we say if it not becomes law? Lets work more on it. Participate more contact info@immigrationvoice.org

IV's contributions

Old 01-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Is the light still on ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchala View Post
Why should we say if it not becomes law? Lets work more on it. Participate more contact info@immigrationvoice.org
with most ppl on this forum getting excited about their dream come true, I am afraid is the HR 3012 light still on ? Is everyone focusing on EB-2 and leaving HR 3012 to fly freely in air ? I understand Senate does not come back to business till Jan 23 but members' excitement about VB and no questions/updates at all abt the bill is making me nervous. Is our hope on the bill a realistic one or just a "do not disappoint'em" one ? too many questions and too many posts but I am quite depressed tonight and I can tell my weekend is already spoiled

Old 01-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psagarn View Post
If anything, this VB proves that the only way forward for those under EB3 category is HR3012.
No, I do not agree that HR3012 alone will solve anything. It is a delusion! The solution to resolving the backlog for everyone is a combination of:
1. HR3012 or something similar that will remove the country limit
2. An increase in the visa number either by recapturing the wasted numbers, removing spouse and children from the count or removing those with US education from the count,

With HR3012 alone we end up just redistributing or shifting the long line and actually not reducing the length of the line. Enough said!