Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold

Lol, I just watched this movie "The Next three Days" last night :-).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_aswani View Post
Lol, I just watched this movie "The Next three Days" last night :-).
Sorry, this post above was in reply to an earlier post by someone stating to watch the movie "The Next three Days".

I tried to delete this post, but am unable to delete it.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Eliminate Discrimination

Please act NOW Everyone
Eliminate Discrimination Based on Country of Birth in 21st Century - HR3012 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvenkat View Post
Boss, Let's face the reality. India EB3 are the only ones suffering. China EB3 and Everyone else get their GC at the maximum of 6-7 years. So how much effort can you expect to garner with 51000 folks. You can only do as much. Hats off to IV for the HR 3012 effort and at this time that is EB3-I's only hope. I really don't want to be bracketed with the Chinese. They get it eventually in 7 years. We do not.

PS : I have donated to IV, Have solicited my friends to be part of IV contribute and all the other good stuff. It's just plain frustrating that is all.
Thanks for your efforts, keep it up ...
Proud contributor, active in all Action Items

Old 01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

I have one question. Why the spillover rule is like EB1-EB2ROW-EB2(I/C)-EB3ROW-EB3(I/C)? It should be like EB1-EB2-EB3 irrespective of any country. AC21 doesn't say that 7% rule is applicable to spillover visas. Instead 7% rule is only applicable to normal quota of EB1/EB2/EB4 categories which is 40000 per category. Then why USCIS would allocate spillover visas from EB1/EB2 to EB3ROW first instead of FIFO based EB3 applicants. If USCIS is incorrect in this respect then I think we should fight for this.

Check the AC21 spillover rule here. Check SECTION 104-a.

Analysis of S. 2045, American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
This is actually a mis-conception, Iam quoting one of my older posts for reference. Pre - 2007 basically low hanging fruits were approved category did not make much of a difference as numbers were wasted.

To put it down very simply there are 2 rules a) 7% Country rule b) Category Rule. Prior to 2007 the 7% rule was being applied first so the order would be EB1 - EB2 ROW - EB3 ROW - EB2 I/C - EB3 I/C After 2007 re-interpretation the category rule became higher EB1 - EB2 ROW - EB2 I/C - EB3 ROW - EB3 I/C. If you see the trend in both cases EB3 - I is in the least beneficial position, prior to Jul 2007 labor and 140 were challenges so anyone who would each 485 stage would get approved anyway as numbers used to get wasted. Unfortunately EB3 - I is a victim of the systems and processes being streamlined not the spillover change. The reason why Eb2 I/C are getting spillover is because Eb2 ROW is current, this is the single most important condition. Both EB2 I/C and Eb3 ROW will literally take several years if ever to be current, so the spillover rule change did not alter the EB3 - I situation in anyway. With Eb2 moving faster actually it makes porting more effective as in someone porting gets GC right away (Preadjudicated prior to 2007), this is beneficial to EB3 I as porting reduces the inventory by 3-4K every year. If the spillover rule had stated as it was prior to 2007 Eb2 I/C would have been stuck way back and porting would have been meaningless.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does not make sense

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...utOffDates.pdf

This does not make sense to me. The demand data says only handful of EB2 applications are pending inline for Inida till date. Am I reading it right?
(me and my spouse below)
485 - Filed on July 2,2007
485 - ND - Aug 08,2007
FP - Sep 06.
EAD - Oct 1st

Contributing 10 or 20 is always a pain when you have the option of getting it free.

Pledge: I am contributing monthly $25 to IV

Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD Renewal thrid time

The EAD renewal documents and attorney fees and GC pain. Paid $1700 in total to renew my EAD and my wife's EAD today. Every year paying $1000 for AP. Money is one factor, but the documentation and applying for it is another pain.

Yes, can convert to EB2, but not feeling to go through the pain. Happy so far with EAD and hope someday I will get my GC.
(me and my spouse below)
485 - Filed on July 2,2007
485 - ND - Aug 08,2007
FP - Sep 06.
EAD - Oct 1st

Contributing 10 or 20 is always a pain when you have the option of getting it free.

Pledge: I am contributing monthly $25 to IV

Old 01-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

Majority (99%) of members and donors here are from EB2 category. Sometime during 2013, EB2 will be current. Can IV survive without donation? I am not sure as to what happened to EB3 folks. I have been repeatedly mentioned in the past that only 10% are actively involved in HR 3012. Aren't they afraid of this rotten immigration system?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.