Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cshen is on a distinguished road
Default Major Chinese Media World Journal Report Immigration Bill will Pass soon

Attached is the translated article from World Journal:

The technical laborer document new Congress first professional immigration deregulates the H-1B quota of people sharp increase, technical master and doctor attains the green card opportunity to be big [ Newspaper Washington special representative Lin Baoqing reported ] new Congress this week begins discussion, under the immigration community cared about the immigration correlation bill, cooperates in the anticipated center new Congress Democratic Party leader and the White House, goes through a strategic pass the opportunity greatly to increase. In order to solve the current H-1B non- immigration technology laborer quota of people serious short problem, Congress has the possibility first to process relates the US business circles the technical laborer bill. At present the H-1B quota of people, starts the same month in every year October new fiscal year, namely has used up the whole year the quota. In the plan technical laborer bill, will permit the foreign student which will hold the F-1 student visa, after graduation occupation training period, might directly apply for the green card by the employer, but has jumped the H-1B step. The new bill and the plan the H-1B every year 65,000 quotas of people upper limits, the increase is 115,000, and will depend on the market requirement to make the adjustment again. The bill simultaneously allows in the American university to obtain master or above the degree, as well as obtains doctor in US the qualifications, not H- 1B quota of people limit, also the occupation immigration quota limit, does not cause they at after the verification, may directly take the H-1B visa or the professional immigrant green card which can it be that immigrates, but does not need and so on the quota schedule of public performances. Moreover, has technical master or above the degree, works for three years in US, also the occupation immigration quota limit, cannot directly obtain the professional immigrant green card. These public figures and above obtain master in the American university either above the degree or doctor the qualifications family member, also may directly obtain the green card. The bill and the plan increase the green card quota of people, reduces the immigration document every year the backlog. Soon takes the post of Congress Senate judicial committee president Congressman Li to hope (Patrick Leahy, when the Democratic Party, the Vermont state) referred to new Congress on the other day the new plan, refers to the comprehensive immigration reform bill was one of judicial committee future key projects. But the Congress aspect, first immigrates attorney the Rove root (Zoe Lofgren, the Democratic Party, California), hopes to take the post of the judicial committee immigration and border security subcommittee president. Based on the Rove root immigration background, the immigration community hopes to be able to cooperate happily with him. Generally anticipated Senate in January namely possibly proposed the immigration reform bill, and hopes in March, in April to obtain the Senate plenary session to pass. Congress hopes in this summer to pass. --
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you post the reporters name and email address if the article has one, we can try to contact them with our stories

Old 01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cshen is on a distinguished road
Default Chinese Report

Here is the link,

The reporter's name is 林寶慶, BaoQin Lin, I do not have email address.

http://www.worldjournal.com/wj-us-ne...seq_id=1467878

Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Thanks Cshen

Thanks Cshen, thank you very much for posting the article in this forum. Please try to bring more people from your community. This struggle is not limited to Indian or some other specific community, this is for all legal immigrants waiting for GC. If possible please try to increase awareness using your community newspapers, forums etc.

"United we stand, divided we fall".

Thanks again.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great job

Cshen,

Great job Buddy. Can you add some female members too ? Some H4 ladies from each community can be a huge help.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs
Cshen,

Great job Buddy. Can you add some female members too ? Some H4 ladies from each community can be a huge help.
Let's be politically correct... There're plenty of ladies on H1B and quite a few gents on H4.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
johnifanx98 is on a distinguished road
Default I doubt the author's analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksircar
Thanks Cshen, thank you very much for posting the article in this forum. Please try to bring more people from your community. This struggle is not limited to Indian or some other specific community, this is for all legal immigrants waiting for GC. If possible please try to increase awareness using your community newspapers, forums etc.

"United we stand, divided we fall".

Thanks again.
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=21353

I wonder if those senators still tried to push us on the same ship with undocumented worker. If so, the hope to pass in house is slim...