Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about
Default Labor Cert Question ?

If I have an approved labor and switch attorneys, is it mandatory for current attorney to hand over the approved labor and all relevant documents to the new attorney or can he choose NOT to give it ?

Just wanted to run it by you guys and seek your views on it. I do know that the LC is employer's property .

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default You need your employer's approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio0617
If I have an approved labor and switch attorneys, is it mandatory for current attorney to hand over the approved labor and all relevant documents to the new attorney or can he choose NOT to give it ?

Just wanted to run it by you guys and seek your views on it. I do know that the LC is employer's property .

Thanks.
You need your employer's approval, without them you cannot change the attorney. If employer's says yes, then you can switch attorney.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munna Bhai
You need your employer's approval, without them you cannot change the attorney. If employer's says yes, then you can switch attorney.
Munna Bhai:

When you say "You need your employer's approval, without them you cannot change the attorney" Do you mean that they have to sign the new G28 forms ? Can you clarify ?

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default Verbal approval from employer is also fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio0617
Munna Bhai:

When you say "You need your employer's approval, without them you cannot change the attorney" Do you mean that they have to sign the new G28 forms ? Can you clarify ?

Thanks.
That will taken care in-between both the lawyers, but it is your employer who should be ready to accept this. I have one of my colleague who just requested employer and he hired new attorney and got all his papers moved.

So bottom line, employer should agree.