Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute
Default March 2013 Visa Bulletin

The visa bulletin is out and it doesn't look good!
Visa Bulletin For March 2013

Here's an excerpt from the bulletin:

India: No movement. Despite the established cut-off date having been held for the past five months in an effort to keep demand within the average monthly usage targets, the amount of demand being received from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Offices for adjustment of status cases remains extremely high. Should the current rate of demand continue, it is likely that at some point the cut-off date will need to be retrogressed in an effort to hold demand within the FY-2013 annual limit.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold
Default How?

I don't understand this, how can the demand being high for adjustment of status when the cut off date is Sep 04 and according to the demand data there are only 300 candidates before the priority date of Jan 1 2005?

Am I missing something?

Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unlucky_GC is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Just for 2004, Past 5 month Demand data for India remains to be between 275 to 300 every month. It doesn't mean every month 300 applications are being ported from eb3 to eb2. Looks like things are on-hold and not getting processed for eb2.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unlucky_GC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillonH1B View Post
I don't understand this, how can the demand being high for adjustment of status when the cut off date is Sep 04 and according to the demand data there are only 300 candidates before the priority date of Jan 1 2005?

Am I missing something?
Month after month, we eagerly look for some to happen. but getting used to this regular rude answer from the lord of justice. take a photocopy of this month visa bulletin its going to be same frozen thing for next month also. or another one more possibility it can go back in time...

Old 02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute

As HR 3012 did not come true, I think we dont have any immediate relief in sight.. Wait.. Wait.. Till we become past
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 02-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdial View Post
The visa bulletin is out and it doesn't look good!
Visa Bulletin For March 2013

Here's an excerpt from the bulletin:

India: No movement. Despite the established cut-off date having been held for the past five months in an effort to keep demand within the average monthly usage targets, the amount of demand being received from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Offices for adjustment of status cases remains extremely high. Should the current rate of demand continue, it is likely that at some point the cut-off date will need to be retrogressed in an effort to hold demand within the FY-2013 annual limit.
WTF!!!!!?????? It was all well last year now what happ suddenly???

Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2011
Compare
mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
WTF!!!!!?????? It was all well last year now what happ suddenly???
extremely high demand for EB2-I, that's what have happened!!!. .... LOL

Welcome to the world of politics..... I bet they will keep the backlog so they have a reason to work/argue/compromise on the CIR. Timing is perfect - CIR works expected all this summer... visa cut-off on hold until 3Q.... good going USCIS!!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

No surprises for those closely following efforts last year and reading donor updates on our meetings. More people were able to file I485 and get EAD/AP benefits. This was a big help which was otherwise not possible if dates moved slowly. The super-fast forward movement helped build pipeline for a better estimation of movement in future. It will be unreasonable to expect such super-fast forward movement like last year again. Those who are in the game of predicting business or those who are looking at past track record and speculating, are wasting time in my opinion and should be focusing on root cause of the problem. Focus on getting bill passed. That is the only solution. Look beyond your own application and see it as a community issue to be resolved.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

Were we expecting any movement? There is nothing new. People with EB2 mid-2008 PDs and beyond (and EB3) should stop tracking visa bulletins. There is enough inventory now for next 2+ years.
Working with IV to get our provisions into CIR this year is the only hope.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

I Please...

Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Squ-are without the hyphen was filtered!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
No surprises for those closely following efforts last year and reading donor updates on our meetings. More people were able to file I485 and get EAD/AP benefits. This was a big help which was otherwise not possible if dates moved slowly. The super-fast forward movement helped build pipeline for a better estimation of movement in future. It will be unreasonable to expect such super-fast forward movement like last year again. Those who are in the game of predicting business or those who are looking at past track record and speculating, are wasting time in my opinion and should be focusing on root cause of the problem. Focus on getting bill passed. That is the only solution. Look beyond your own application and see it as a community issue to be resolved.
If we had scheduled the rally now, we would have got 10K plus attendees. Last year people thought HR3012 would get passed automatically.

Quote:
Should the current rate of demand continue, it is likely that at some point the cut-off date will need to be retrogressed in an effort to hold demand within the FY-2013 annual limit.
What does "cut-off date will need to be retrogressed" mean? Are the dates not retrogressed already? Or should we read it as "cut-off date will need to be retrogressed further".

Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts
Default Transparency

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
The super-fast forward movement helped build pipeline for a better estimation of movement in future.
I am not sure who this pipeline is for? still DOS/USCIS do not have any clue which direction the PD will be moving.

- As they publish monthly demand data why they are not transparent about monthly issuance of GC?
- Demand Data numbers also do not seem very accurate... I believe they are just extrapolated, How come their total always increases by the multiple of 25.

IV is doing its best to solve the problem but if DOS/USCIS are more transparent it will be good for people living on their mercy.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

There won't be any movement before the last quarter of this FY for sure.

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 02-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2011
Compare
mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakd View Post
There won't be any movement before the last quarter of this FY for sure.
yes, you are saying the obvious...... it has been known since the dates were retrogressed after rapid movement last year. And now, it is officially stated by USCIS. No surprise there.... the question is how much movement will be seen in the last quarter, if any?