Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute

I agree to some of the things said in this post. As OP said what do people on H4 do all day long nothing, have kids naturally born in US, eat, sleep, save money. I have never seen an Indian volunteering at a nursing home or a shelter. H4 people just whine all day long reg their GC or EAD. Don't be selfish just help others even when you don't have to gain anything. On a side note very few Indians are interested in serious outside activities. They go to Niagara Falls, Las Vegas and shopping, I asked many Indian friends to come along for serious outdoor activities like XC ski (after living for a decade in northeast, it too cold for me is excuse), serious hike, hunting etc but no one is interested because it cost money or they want to stay home. Indians need to learn how to enjoy life.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfourvisa View Post
WE INDIANS are good at doing corruption, favoritism, nepotism, lying, back door deals, nation looting, tax avoiding, hawala, black money, corrupt leaders installing stupid children in power, favors to rich and well connected, back door to rich and well-connected but languishing in jails for the poor and helpless. That is what who we are. WHAT A SHAME! 330 millions Gods, thousands of temples, millions of cheating swamis, babas, gurus, 8,000 years old civilization, ancient scriptures .... but we cannot do a simple thing. ........ BE A GOOD HUMAN BEING WHO IS HONEST AND ETHICAL. We are a faulty people. We tolerate all vices, we worship people, we put garlands around corrupt politicians, we have no shame in kissing up to people and do chumachagiri with Yes Sir, Please Sir, and Sorry Sir all day, we accept incompetent children of corrupt politicians years after year, we allow them to name pieces of India after the family members every year, we call actors and actresses heroes and heroines. Often Gujarati Patels marry their own sisters on paper to get the American visa, we love political dynasties. The government harasses us every day with corrupt police, bribes at municipality, RTO, passport office, licenses, RBI, We are fearful of the government, the traffic police, the police, income tax, CBI and everything else. NOTHING BOILS OUR BLOOD.

SHAMED TO BE AN INDIAN
Everything you said are absolutely true. Trying telling any of these to the **patriotic** Indians. Whenever I started talking about the horrible things in our culture and behavior, our fellow Indians look at me like I am a Pakistani on a mission!

Old 01-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by katta View Post
I agree to some of the things said in this post. As OP said what do people on H4 do all day long nothing, have kids naturally born in US, eat, sleep, save money. I have never seen an Indian volunteering at a nursing home or a shelter. H4 people just whine all day long reg their GC or EAD. Don't be selfish just help others even when you don't have to gain anything. On a side note very few Indians are interested in serious outside activities. They go to Niagara Falls, Las Vegas and shopping, I asked many Indian friends to come along for serious outdoor activities like XC ski (after living for a decade in northeast, it too cold for me is excuse), serious hike, hunting etc but no one is interested because it cost money or they want to stay home. Indians need to learn how to enjoy life.
I think, one of the reason is that Indians are taught to be self-centered and selfish by the parents and the society. Everything is badly deteriorating. The current trend in India is do anything to have money and the stuff one wants, no ethics, no consideration and no humanity. Wherever you go, people wants to push others aside and jump in front. No system is respected. People totally accept corruption and laugh about it. You can hardly find any individual who is not corrupted.

Babas, mullas, gown clad missionaries still rule communities in India, even in 2014. Having family there, it is really scary.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Enough of this self-bashing nonsense, people. Anyway, if someone went to nursing home, shelter etc and didn't see a desi then how about them? Why were they there? To check on their community?
Self-bashing is NOT going to help. If YOU felt that you aren't doing enough then you are MOST welcome to do the good work. Talkers and doers are separate, aren't they? Why would they come to this forum anyway -- they would be well settled already for them to do what they are doing.
I see it a good sign that even this self-bashing is going on -- at least we guys have something in our minds to do. We should just ask for the chance to do it and show our gratitude -- and this is something we just dont have

Old 01-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Enough of this self-bashing nonsense, people. Anyway, if someone went to nursing home, shelter etc and didn't see a desi then how about them? Why were they there? To check on their community?
Self-bashing is NOT going to help. If YOU felt that you aren't doing enough then you are MOST welcome to do the good work. Talkers and doers are separate, aren't they? Why would they come to this forum anyway -- they would be well settled already for them to do what they are doing.
I see it a good sign that even this self-bashing is going on -- at least we guys have something in our minds to do. We should just ask for the chance to do it and show our gratitude -- and this is something we just dont have
No, it is not enough, more is coming. You are too afraid to look in the mirror.

By the way it looks like, someone else wrote your second paragraph?!

Old 01-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hfourvisa has a spectacular aura about hfourvisa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthampi View Post
Everything you said are absolutely true. Trying telling any of these to the **patriotic** Indians. Whenever I started talking about the horrible things in our culture and behavior, our fellow Indians look at me like I am a Pakistani on a mission!
Exactly. If you look at china, no doubt there is corruption but not as bad as India. In china, politicians were hanged for extreme corruption and with one child policy restriction- they prevented 400 million births- more than the population in US. If the ruling people are not role models- the common man will in India will always cut corners. Who in India is willing to serve the public without taking salary, no police protection, no government benefits- if we make this as a rule - 99% of corruption will be gone. Now the law of jungle is running in India- 90% goats! cows! donkeys! dogs- 10% is Lions, Foxes, hyenas. We still don't believe that we are in bigger number than these bad politicians.

Since 1947-2013- it is estimated that 200 trillion dollars of property was siphoned of indian public property. Now remember- US economy is 16 trillion

See the list of scams since 1947

List of scandals in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our role models should not be cricketers or invisible gods( I am born into a Hindu family) or film stars but ethical, moral principals treating Mother Nature with respect. In 1950 our world population was 2.5 billion- today 7.2 billion. Everyday 220,000 people are born- where are the jobs, homes, water, education, fuel, clean air. I think we proved that we are good at one thing- reproducing ( I don't want to use a filthy word here).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Exactly. If you look at china, no doubt there is corruption but not as bad as India. In china, politicians were hanged for extreme corruption and with one child policy restriction- they prevented 400 million births- more than the population in US. If the ruling people are not role models- the common man will in India will always cut corners. Who in India is willing to serve the public without taking salary, no police protection, no government benefits- if we make this as a rule - 99% of corruption will be gone. Now the law of jungle is running in India- 90% goats! cows! donkeys! dogs- 10% is Lions, Foxes, hyenas. We still don't believe that we are in bigger number than these bad politicians.

Since 1947-2013- it is estimated that 200 trillion dollars of property was siphoned of indian public property. Now remember- US economy is 16 trillion

See the list of scams since 1947

List of scandals in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our role models should not be cricketers or invisible gods( I am born into a Hindu family) or film stars but ethical, moral principals treating Mother Nature with respect. In 1950 our world population was 2.5 billion- today 7.2 billion. Everyday 220,000 people are born- where are the jobs, homes, water, education, fuel, clean air. I think we proved that we are good at one thing- reproducing ( I don't want to use a filthy word here).
Instead of showing fake outrage for everything, if 10% of Indians start thinking critically, India will be a much better nation. As you have touched population issue, it bothers me when people claiming to be poor and have 5 children. When you don't have enough to feed yourself, how can you feed a child, let alone 5? Why aren't this is a topic of discussion? Actually, the root cause for most, if not all, problems in India is population. Wherever you go, people are trying to cut the line, because there aren't enough resources available, which leads to widespread corruption.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, it is not enough, more is coming. You are too afraid to look in the mirror.

By the way it looks like, someone else wrote your second paragraph?!
FYI I like what I see in the mirror (so handsome)
And no, both paras were written by me. One need not self bash too much, while SOME is OK. It is better when done privately

Old 01-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Instead of showing fake outrage for everything, if 10% of Indians start thinking critically, India will be a much better nation. As you have touched population issue, it bothers me when people claiming to be poor and have 5 children. When you don't have enough to feed yourself, how can you feed a child, let alone 5? Why aren't this is a topic of discussion? Actually, the root cause for most, if not all, problems in India is population. Wherever you go, people are trying to cut the line, because there aren't enough resources available, which leads to widespread corruption.

I had the luck of watching a documentary- it's now available for free on youtube too:

SURVIVING PROGRESS

Please watch it. It will take 1.5 hr of your time. It will relieve your rat race life for good as it did for me 1 month ago.

what it says is - from Roman Empire to the next 13 centuries- we had a population growth of 200 million. Now every 3 years we have 200 million. Everyone talks about growth- but if you think correctly in a bigger picture- it means using up all the natural resources on earth. It is estimated if everyone on this planet needs to live as an average middle class american- we need 6 earths. So please stop running after growth, jobs but how to use less resources everyday. Every new gadget we buy or we consume - is eating up this world.

India last year imported 930 Tons of gold- we can't make our own planes or provide energy resources but we are addicted to wrong things

Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Surging progress documentary link

On youtube

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7laXeTqr6Qw

Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I had the luck of watching a documentary- it's now available for free on youtube too:

SURVIVING PROGRESS

Please watch it. It will take 1.5 hr of your time. It will relieve your rat race life for good as it did for me 1 month ago.

what it says is - from Roman Empire to the next 13 centuries- we had a population growth of 200 million. Now every 3 years we have 200 million. Everyone talks about growth- but if you think correctly in a bigger picture- it means using up all the natural resources on earth. It is estimated if everyone on this planet needs to live as an average middle class american- we need 6 earths. So please stop running after growth, jobs but how to use less resources everyday. Every new gadget we buy or we consume - is eating up this world.

India last year imported 930 Tons of gold- we can't make our own planes or provide energy resources but we are addicted to wrong things
Did you even read before commenting?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Did you even read before commenting?
I did and that's why I wrote about a documentary about population and progress.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
FYI I like what I see in the mirror (so handsome)
And no, both paras were written by me. One need not self bash too much, while SOME is OK. It is better when done privately
The topic being discussed is different than what you have thought. The private bashing that you have imagined is different :-)

Old 01-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I did and that's why I wrote about a documentary about population and progress.
Actually, I was agreeing with your original post. I am against uncontrolled population growth and I do follow that in my life.

Are you selling your (documentary) product? :-)

I will watch it later.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Actually, I was agreeing with your original post. I am against uncontrolled population growth and I do follow that in my life.

Are you selling your (documentary) product? :-)

I will watch it later.

No way sir!

I am not trying to sell any product. I had an AHA moment when I watched this documentary and hence wanted to share. For the last few years I was worried about GC, property, retirement savings but after watching the documentary - I felt we human beings are not smart even though we think we are and we made our life too complex. Parents, friends, relatives, even spouse tell me - having more children is good- I am happy with one