Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
born2win83 is on a distinguished road
Default pending inventory number question

Below are the numbers taken from pending inventory spread sheet

EB1- 27843, EB2-48606,EB3-37872,

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...y_10202015.pdf

If congress authorizes one time GC say 120000 for backlog without any country limits. Does it mean everyone in the above waiting list will get a green card?

Why are people saying millions n queue when there is only 120000 backlogs..After including dependents it comes to 250000 not close to 1000000 as discussed in twitter and forums

Any input on this is appreciated
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

That is not the complete list. That list includes only those who have filed the I-485.

Did you see the India/China/Mexico/Philippines EB2/EB3 pending numbers beyond a certain point?

Old 11-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
born2win83 is on a distinguished road

Grand total is 120k which includes all countries ..that is how i read that inventory report

Old 11-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute

But if you page down and look at individual country inventory pages, you will see that - for e.g. EB-3 India has no applications pending after Aug 2007.

Its not because there are no applications from EB3-I from Aug 2007 - but were not allowed to file.

Similarly, there is backlog in other steps of Greencards (getting prevailing wage info before filing PERM, waiting on PERM approval, waiting on 140 approval etc). Hence the inventory grossly understates the backlog.

Anyone using these numbers to drive any legislation (like granting a onetime 120K) are using "fuzzy math".

Old 11-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2win83 View Post
Why are people saying millions n queue when there is only 120000 backlogs..After including dependents it comes to 250000 not close to 1000000 as discussed in twitter and forums
Can you please do the math again? I differ with your numbers

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
Can you please do the math again? I differ with your numbers
I for some reason also got the same number as yours. I agree with Bhishma's number.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qkxw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluckydude View Post
That is not the complete list. That list includes only those who have filed the I-485.

Did you see the India/China/Mexico/Philippines EB2/EB3 pending numbers beyond a certain point?
Hi
did you got your GC ? your PD is april 2004, Same as mine
just wondering what going around.
I am waiting for more than 45 days after receipt of my response to RFE by USCIS
do you know what is normal processing time after RFE is received by USCIS ?
Please share
Thanks

Old 11-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I for some reason also got the same number as yours. I agree with Bhishma's number.
Born2Win83,

I used the basic FTC to determine the net change in the numbers over an interval (here calendar year) based on the rate of change over the entire interval
(my assumed initial year as 2005). In other words, I arrived at my numbers when the net change in the availability of a continuous visa numbers over a given interval
(ie the difference in the value of the numbers at the end points of the assumed interval) is the same as the integral of the rate of change of visa numbers or the
integral of the consumption of these numbers.

It looks like DMX17 also used this simple concept to arrive at our numbers

Can you please post what algorithm did you approach? I am curious to see if you have considered Euler's equation or Euler-LAgrange and Noether's principle.
FYI, any variations of the Callan-Symanzik equation cannot be applied to this problem and you may have to re-evaluate your parameters

Old 11-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
Born2Win83,

I used the basic FTC to determine the net change in the numbers over an interval (here calendar year) based on the rate of change over the entire interval
(my assumed initial year as 2005). In other words, I arrived at my numbers when the net change in the availability of a continuous visa numbers over a given interval
(ie the difference in the value of the numbers at the end points of the assumed interval) is the same as the integral of the rate of change of visa numbers or the
integral of the consumption of these numbers.

It looks like DMX17 also used this simple concept to arrive at our numbers

Can you please post what algorithm did you approach? I am curious to see if you have considered Euler's equation or Euler-LAgrange and Noether's principle.
FYI, any variations of the Callan-Symanzik equation cannot be applied to this problem and you may have to re-evaluate your parameters
Here we disagree. I did not do any magic like you, although your method is simple and easy to understand.

My method: I just passed some gas. Still came to the same conclusion that the VB2 is wrong.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Here we disagree. I did not do any magic like you, although your method is simple and easy to understand.

My method: I just passed some gas. Still came to the same conclusion that the VB2 is wrong.

Bhishma - how did you account for the those 485s that went in the system and also went out the system in between two pending inventory reports? How many such cases did you get?

For example, my friend applied in August and his date was current so the whole family got GCs in Sept. These guys are not accounted for?

Old 11-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Bhishma - how did you account for the those 485s that went in the system and also went out the system in between two pending inventory reports? How many such cases did you get?

For example, my friend applied in August and his date was current so the whole family got GCs in Sept. These guys are not accounted for?

You must attend our next advocacy event to get more answers. This is confidential information

Old 11-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default where is the next advocacy event?

Also, I am planning to go to my local congressman. I had already met the immigrant staffer in person and in touch with her.

For HR213:
1. Is there a time line by which the congressman has to be met? Answer seems no. Just go ahead and talk with them.
2. Meet with congressman or meet with staffer would do? Answer seems whoever talks and follow up persistently.
3. Any docs that you guys have ? That would be helpful as we focus the talk only on HR213 and nothing else.
4. Anything else related to HR 213 ?

Any other action items going on ? I am confused with the other threads and fixes going on - better to have some clarity and do one action item at a time and then begin the next item.

Anything else that was missed other than how lawyers and vultures preying on the dead are same species { No offense Vultures, I am still your fan and think you are eco friendly and sorry to have put you in the same sentence as Greg Siskindan }

Old 11-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkxw View Post
Hi
did you got your GC ? your PD is april 2004, Same as mine
just wondering what going around.
I am waiting for more than 45 days after receipt of my response to RFE by USCIS
do you know what is normal processing time after RFE is received by USCIS ?
Please share
Thanks
I am still waiting ....it is 60+ days after RFER