Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts
Default Is this the end of the road for us?

From http://www.immigration-law.com/

Today, the Senate floor agreed to the cloture motion and to send it to the Senate Committee of Appropriation with the request to report back. Accordingly, no amendments can be attached to this bill henceforth. It appears that no immigration bills were able to make it to be attached to this bill. The Congress must pass this continuing resolution bill by midnight of February 15, 2007.

With the grim prediction of the immigration visa numbers today by the U.S. Department of State, the immigrant community is extremely frustrated and agonized as their last hope for an opportunity to attach certain immigration bills to this Appropriations bill evaporates.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
alisa is just really nice alisa is just really nice alisa is just really nice alisa is just really nice
Default For now. Yes

Yes. For now.
But we already knew about it. Core had told us a few days ago that the chances of any relief by Febuary 15th are none to slim.

But this is not the end of the road.

There is CIR in summer.

If that doesn't work out, there will be efforts towards the end of the year for limited relilef. IV will be about 15000 strong by that time.

If even that doesn't work, there will be more efforts next year for some relief, and IV will be about 20000 or stronger by that time.

Forgot to mention.
membership + funding + lobbying + patience = chance of success
Anything else = Absolute failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer

Today, the Senate floor agreed to the cloture motion and to send it to the Senate Committee of Appropriation with the request to report back. Accordingly, no amendments can be attached to this bill henceforth. It appears that no immigration bills were able to make it to be attached to this bill. The Congress must pass this continuing resolution bill by midnight of February 15, 2007.

With the grim prediction of the immigration visa numbers today by the U.S. Department of State, the immigrant community is extremely frustrated and agonized as their last hope for an opportunity to attach certain immigration bills to this Appropriations bill evaporates.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa
Yes. For now.
But we already knew about it. Core had told us a few days ago that the chances of any relief by Febuary 15th are none to slim.

But this is not the end of the road.

There is CIR in summer.

If that doesn't work out, there will be efforts towards the end of the year for limited relilef. IV will be about 15000 strong by that time.

If even that doesn't work, there will be more efforts next year for some relief, and IV will be about 20000 or stronger by that time.

Forgot to mention.
membership + funding + lobbying + patience = chance of success
Anything else = Absolute failure
That is correct. I haven't been on these boards that long but the perception I have is that people think this is easy and straightforward and it is easy to change.

Press releases; talking to media; lobbying, discussing with senators/congressmen all take time to mature. It is like a slow drip from a water tap. After a while the sink gets full. All the slow drips take time until it comes togehter. Need to chip away and keep it up. Can't just expect the floodgates to open.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitednations
That is correct. I haven't been on these boards that long but the perception I have is that people think this is easy and straightforward and it is easy to change.

Press releases; talking to media; lobbying, discussing with senators/congressmen all take time to mature. It is like a slow drip from a water tap. After a while the sink gets full. All the slow drips take time until it comes togehter. Need to chip away and keep it up. Can't just expect the floodgates to open.
Welcome to Democracy!! It takes patience.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default hope never ends

We knew that we are facing tough times and we knew that much more patience is needed.
We knew that we will do the best we can, so that law makers can hear our genuine pains

Always there will be a light at the end of tunnel.
But i do agree that justice delayed is equivanlent to justice denied, which is happening in our cases(a.k.a employment based immigration)

Well, at the very least what can do is 'gather more momentum' & 'gain more strength' & try to lobby to get the things done.
Surely, times and tides are against our interests at this time.
But, hope never ends

Please spread the word about IV and please help to raise more contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer