Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Webfax to Sen. Bill Frist for adding ability to file I-485.

How many of you here are in favour of starting a webfax lobbying to Sen. Bill Frist to add the ability to file I-485 if I-140 is approved and dates are not current? Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pasupuleti is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro
How many of you here are in favour of starting a webfax lobbying to Sen. Bill Frist to add the ability to file I-485 if I-140 is approved and dates are not current? Thanks.
Quite a few!

Old 03-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Widget is on a distinguished road
Default widget

Let us start.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default help needed from leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widget
Let us start.
Can the forum leaders help us to do this. Can you guys start a webfax facility to Sen. Bill Frist. I do not have the ability to do that. We all need help from leads for this.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default In process

The content team is in the process of preparing the webfaxes.

Also, if someone is from Tennessee please speak up and contact Pratik or Anurag.

--Jay.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default In the meantime

This is the time to roll up our sleeves and get organized. Please join us in getting the volunteers on board by clicking here and joining our conference call on Sunday for Volunteer recruitment.

We cannot organize our efforts and go to full speed in the next few weeks if the core team does not have anyone's name, phone number, state, zip, congressional district etc. We cannot seek help from people whose name and phone number are unknown to us.

Anonymity is great for forums and internet discussions but we need real people with names and phone number to help us.

The core team badly needs help at grassroots level in the next two weeks so please click on the link on the homepage and join our conference call for volunteer recruitment and orientation on March 19th at 2:00 EST.

http://www.immigrationvoice.org/foru...read.php?t=326

Old 03-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
pdakwala will become famous soon enough pdakwala will become famous soon enough

Time has come that we get back to work. I on behalf of IV is urging everyone to come out and show your strength. Next week all the senators will be visiting their home town.

Please, please call them and tell them to support Immigration provisions that addresses the legal immigration. Please make sure that you convey the message that legal immigrants are facing problem and that needs to be fixed.

Tum ho to Hum hai
Ham hai to IV hai
Varna kuch bhi nahi.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb_retrogession is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
The content team is in the process of preparing the webfaxes.

Also, if someone is from Tennessee please speak up and contact Pratik or Anurag.

--Jay.
Guys from TN , pls roll up your sleeves and get to work. If any of you can get a meeting even with the local staff, I am willing to drive down (from GA) and help represent us . Please speak up!!

Last edited by eb_retrogession; 03-17-2006 at 07:09 PM.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dish is on a distinguished road
Default H4 Work Permit

Can IV setup a webfax for lobbying for Work authorization to H4 Visa holders ?

Old 03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Default Check this thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343

Check this thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343 (Webfax ready, start faxing)

Old 03-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spring2000 is on a distinguished road
Default web fax to Sen Bill Frist

It is a excellent idea. Don't add any other issues except 485 to avoid dilution and distraction.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish
Can IV setup a webfax for lobbying for Work authorization to H4 Visa holders ?
work authorisation fro h4 holdrs???????????????????????????????...lets ask for straight citizenship than green card...
cmon guys
i think people r getting crazy with the new developments....
limit ur demands..so tht these lawmakers can digest it...

i have a suggestion...dont send a common fax...these people will think some automatic machine is sending it in the world of advanced technologies...
put a blank space where people can write their own words...
whn diff people tell different stories...
they will read it...and it has more effect..
sorry if i am wrong

Old 03-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of
Default no no to automated fax....

Friends....

I am not sure automated fax will help.....they may get frustrated with the number of faxes they receive....

Lets send one fax with all the names and addresses at the end....maybe we can even do a signature campaign....this is more effective and i am for each individual to write in their own a few lines...

Old 03-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default 485 filing issue

If IV sends a bunch of flowers along with anice letters to key guys like Bill Frist, Ted Kenneddy, Arlen Spectre..... IT WILL WORK. If some volunteer can hand carry it..... It will be great . in that case we can add a box of Donuts...

IV can sure afford this

Old 03-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Default It's nice to see folks think outside the box

But we will go with what QGA advises us. At present they have advised us to fax en-masse and we will go that way.

Also, we cannot just concentrate on one or two items. What happens if those items are removed during negotiations.

So we will stick to our agenda mentioned on the home page.