Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ernurse is on a distinguished road
Question Can I Remain In the US

As a nurse, I was affected by the visa retrogression. I have an approved I-140, my priority date is Jan/2007. I am currently on OPT.
Can I remain in the US while waiting for my visa to become available.
Any suggestion?
Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Compare
nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of

You can if you have independent status. Like you could go back to school on F1 for an advanced degree or if your spouse is on H1 you could stay on as H4 etc.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is missing a point here. His/her issue is that a h1b has to be applied in this year's quota and he/she is on OPT now which may run upto may or so and then there may be a 3 to 4 month in between geting the h1b approved and OPT ending and also looks like his/her spouse is not on h1b.

As someone suggested you can maintain f1 status, the best thing is to spend some money and join Kaplan coaching, Kaplan offers various courses that run for various months and your status can be changed to F1.

There maybe other options also, consult a lawyer.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream
.. YES as long as you are illegal and speak Spanish.
Your comment seems to be discriminatory against the Spanish Speaking Community.

Last edited by ingegarcia; 03-16-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream
.. YES as long as you are illegal and speak Spanish.
GCard_Dream,

Please don't use derogatory comments on the forum. We have many Spanish speaking members who may get hurt.

Thanks,
pmat
I-485: RD 08/03/2007, AD 07/01/2010

Old 03-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ernurse is on a distinguished road
Default H1b for nurses are very hard.

Eventhough Schedule A retrogressed it still exists. It is the best way for nurses because nurses are not required to have a BS degree .
I-140 was approved by premium processing and now needs to wait PD become current.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janakp
Why dont you file for H1B visa and stay?
Thanks for your reply.
I understand nurses are privileged professionals and for past several years they were directly getting greencards even before being imported to this country by bodyshoppers or if they were doing a 1 year course in US they got thier greencards before joining the job. I came to know of some H1B visa holder husbands who made their wives on H4 to do a nursing course and get the greencard for them quickly.

This has ended due to retrogression but even now the nurses lawyers are telling them they are lobbying for them and they can continue to give them money for lobbying.

I think go for the H1B route for now and wait for a bill. Help IV succeed and they can get you your greencard and not your misleading money minded lawyers.