Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy When will the CIR get introduced ?

Hello :

Does the core team who have their boots in Washington have any knowledge of the date when the CIR will be introduced by Mr Kennedy . Days have turned to weeks then to months and we have been just hearing stories of the bill getting introduced "Next Week ".The press is spilling gallons of ink and the onliners are creating Gigabytes of forum data on Immigration Legislation and its outcomes, but nothing seems to come out of Capitol Hill , they are just going around in circles .Are they actually going to do something this year or is it just another eyewash ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anirudh74 is on a distinguished road

Don't count on it.Even if it is introduced it will hit a road block in the house.So go and do what you need to do.Its foolish to base all your plans on CIR. I am sorry to say this , but this is the reality and there is very little that anybody can do to influence this.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough
Default CIR Status in House of Representatives

Info from http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-572

----Quoted from website -----------------

H.R. 572: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Commission Act of 2007
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise bills before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee.

Sponsor: Rep. Edolphus Towns [D-NY] (no cosponsors)
Last Action: Jan 18, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship Statistics:

Edolphus Towns has sponsored 90 bills since Jan 6, 1999, of which 88 haven't made it out of committee (Extremely Poor) and 0 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Towns has co-sponsored 2239 bills during the same time period (Exceedingly Many, relative to peers).
================================================== ====

How encouraging is that?

Have people seen the movie Legally Blonde 2? How the lead person lobbies for the Bruisser Bill ? Wish we could do sth like that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Still fighting on... $50 p.m. + Lobbying with local Representatives...

Last edited by optimist578; 03-18-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough
Default Not CIR but related...

Most of the pro-immigrant bills donot seem to have cosponsors, whereas, the anti-immigrant/security-enhancing/american-jobs-protecting bills have a lot of support.

A small list of bills I found somewhat relevant to our issues...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

H.R.133 : To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to deny citizenship at birth to children born in the United States of parents who are not citizens or permanent resident aliens.
Sponsor: Rep Gallegly, Elton [CA-24] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (5)

H.R.938 : To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to make changes related to family-sponsored immigrants and to reduce the number of such immigrants.
Sponsor: Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] (introduced 2/8/2007) Cosponsors (17)

H.R.19 : To require employers to conduct employment eligibility verification.
Sponsor: Rep Calvert, Ken [CA-44] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (24)

H.R.132 : To impose a criminal penalty on an alien who fails voluntarily to depart the United States after securing permission to do so, or who unlawfully returns to the United States after voluntarily departing.
Sponsor: Rep Gallegly, Elton [CA-24] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (2)

H.R.98 : To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to enforce restrictions on employment in the United States of unauthorized aliens through the use of improved Social Security cards and an Employment Eligibility Database, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Dreier, David [CA-26] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (24)

H.R.842 : To provide for enhanced Federal, State, and local assistance in the enforcement of the immigration laws, to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act, to authorize appropriations to carry out the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Norwood, Charles W. [GA-10] (introduced 2/6/2007) Cosponsors (None)

H.R.131 : To impose a mandatory minimum sentence on a deportable alien who fails to depart or fails to attend a removal proceeding.
Sponsor: Rep Gallegly, Elton [CA-24] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (1)

Last edited by optimist578; 03-18-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2004
Compare
gg_ny is a jewel in the rough gg_ny is a jewel in the rough gg_ny is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221
Q: Does the core team who have their boots in Washington have any knowledge of the date when the CIR will be introduced by Mr Kennedy?
Answer: (ALthough I am not part of the core team)...When the Judiciary committee is done with calling people for testimony in the 'Purgegate'. That means, upto the 3rd week of April. Even if it gets introduced to the floor of the Senate, the committee is going to be preoccupied with this scandal. Maybe if AG resigns, and all the fired prosecutors are reinstated next week, then by the end of the month you can start hearing the discussions. I gathered some words in the wind that high tech companies that wrote letters on quota for H1B is preparing to introduce a measure (when need arises) anticipating 1) H1B quota will run out in 21 days 2) CIR would not happen this year. BUT I AM NOT sure how much substantiated this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221
Hello :

Does the core team who have their boots in Washington have any knowledge of the date when the CIR will be introduced by Mr Kennedy . Days have turned to weeks then to months and we have been just hearing stories of the bill getting introduced "Next Week ".The press is spilling gallons of ink and the onliners are creating Gigabytes of forum data on Immigration Legislation and its outcomes, but nothing seems to come out of Capitol Hill , they are just going around in circles .Are they actually going to do something this year or is it just another eyewash ?

Old 03-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unconstitutional

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist578

H.R.133 : To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to deny citizenship at birth to children born in the United States of parents who are not citizens or permanent resident aliens.
Sponsor: Rep Gallegly, Elton [CA-24] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (5)
That law is unconstitutional. INA doesnt say that everyone born in United States is a citizen. Even the Constitution says that. To deny birth-right citizenship to anyone (children of legal or illegal residents) would require constitutional amendment.

Constitutional amendment is not a joke. This bill is a rhetorical statement, not an intent to legislate it.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
That law is unconstitutional. INA doesnt say that everyone born in United States is a citizen. Even the Constitution says that. To deny birth-right citizenship to anyone (children of legal or illegal residents) would require constitutional amendment.

Constitutional amendment is not a joke. This bill is a rhetorical statement, not an intent to legislate it.
Good observation, although I totally support this clause to oppose automatic citizenship.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rinsha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment
Good observation, although I totally support this clause to oppose automatic citizenship.
Maybe you are right, but in the meantime there are hundreds of thousands of children which are U.S. Citizen and their parents are struggling to give them a normal life in this country.

They can't just see half of the problem: if they deny automatic citizenship, at the same time they should grant the right to have the same opportunities of all other citizens for those who are citizen with immigrant parents: both parent should be entitled to work and have complete freedom of changing employer, start a business, etc.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife

That is true...it purly show of politics. US Constitutional amendment
is extremely difficult.