Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Post So you guys wanna know how many faxes were sent by IV members?

As per the information I received yesterday afternoon, IV's fax provider had already sent about 21,000 faxes and another 17,000+ were in the queue waiting to be sent. I just hope the fax provider's computer/fax machine does not overheat and burn

About 385 people had already clicked for sending faxes. This means that each senator will get atleast 385 faxes from IV. Not bad at all.

At the same time it just means that less than 30% of the members faxed.

The rest of the members of IV, what would make you guys participate in such activities in future? Is clicking the mouse 4 times that difficult? We really need to know what will spur you guys to do something FOR YOURSELF? Will you move only if you are told by the government to pack your bags?

Please let us know what we can do to get you involved?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
krishjack is on a distinguished road
Default How do you know?

Well How do you know that all the members who are registered with IV is aware of this Webfax? Did you guys notify them in anyway? Do you expect/mandate all the IV members should be checking the website/forums all the time? No Hard feeling.... Just my 2 cents

Old 03-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/12/2007
Compare
gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold
Default My $0.02

Well this is a organization that is run by volunteers and given what they are already doing I personally don't expect them to notify everytime a web fax is put up. I just make it a point to check the website regularly and do whatever I can to chip in...thats my 2 cents...
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishjack
Well How do you know that all the members who are registered with IV is aware of this Webfax? Did you guys notify them in anyway? Do you expect/mandate all the IV members should be checking the website/forums all the time? No Hard feeling.... Just my 2 cents

Old 03-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone seems to be giving 2 cents, lets contribute a lil more guys

Old 03-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default The immigration debate is really hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishjack
Krishjack,

Thanks for the suggestions, but

1) The immigration debate is really hot. Monday is when the action starts. its not something 2 years down the line. Hence, we hope that members keep on updating themselves by visiting the site regularly

2) We cannot send an email everytime we want to send a webfax because initially we were thinking of sending a new fax every 2 days last week. But on advise of QGA, we decided to send only one fax. If we had gone the route of sending a fax every 2 days, would it be appropriate to send an email every two days? We do not want to associate IV's newsletter with some junkmail that comes everyday!

Hope this helps

Old 03-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future

Genereic faxes requesting to remove hard country quota may not yield the desired result. It is very important to request any senater who is willing to help or undertand the issue. It should be done thro lobbying and explining him/her in person why it is important to the eliminate country quota, hard country quota increase the baklog instead of reducing it. He/She should to bring an amendment to the bills(Frist/Specter) to bring back the AC21 provision. Then we will get the success.

I hope IV will take care of this situation.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Agree with you Ramba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramba
Genereic faxes requesting to remove hard country quota may not yield the desired result. It is very important to request any senater who is willing to help or undertand the issue. It should be done thro lobbying and explining him/her in person why it is important to the eliminate country quota, hard country quota increase the baklog instead of reducing it. He/She should to bring an amendment to the bills(Frist/Specter) to bring back the AC21 provision. Then we will get the success.

I hope IV will take care of this situation.
But please look at the first post in the thread requesting faxes to be sent. It clearly mentions our strategy of sending a generic faxes and letting QGA become more specific during their meetings

Also, we have had a ton of meetings with different senator's staff in DC (can't reveal their names as that would jeopardize our goodwill) where specifics were conveyed/discussed

Old 03-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Member participation

IV guys have don e great job & the strato is good. My suggestion for fund genenration.... Send one mass mail every month & ask for a small amount of cheque. Let us see how many of us send a small cheques of say $20. We should collect $20K in one shot.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mrajatish will become famous soon enough mrajatish will become famous soon enough

How about a monthly membership of 5-10 dollars - that will be a recurring earning for IV, and as membership base grows, this can be the sustaining force.

Remember even if Specter or Frist bill passes with some of our amendments, there are still are ton of issues to deal with e.g.,
1. BEC backlog
2. Name Check

Old 03-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
himu73 will become famous soon enough himu73 will become famous soon enough
Smile why dont you highlight WEB FAX NOW

Please move the Web fax link or any improtant event at the center of the home page. Most New members will now come thro. word of mouth, so the introduction of IV can be moved down.

Put like

ACTION ITEMS FOR NEXT FEW DAYS

1. WEBFAX etc

Just a suggestion to speed up things. People do visit the site but need to be told
do 1,2,3,4

Old 03-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sertasheep will become famous soon enough

I agree with the others. We can institute a small membership fee which interested users will be willing to pay on a monthly basis.

Old 03-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

I agree with PCS. We should keep this as a volunteer organisation and send email newsletter,word of the mouth etc, for fundraising. I am not sure if we should impose a membership fee as this is a volunteer org and also people who want to donate money would do it anyways. Just my thought