Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nath.exists can only hope to improve
Default Telecast in desi channels like gemini,zee tv ,use popular media like tv,internet.

short clip Telecasting in desi channels will be a good idea. as i know lot of indians watch desi channels.I still know many in my relatives who are suffering from green card retrogression but are ignorant of immigrationvoice.org and core team.all of them have desi channels through dish. we can telecast a short 10 second add in these channels and also telecast in u.s. channels to get widespread desi support and also all other green card retrogression victims support.by telecasting in these channels many ppl back in india will also know about the problems we indians are facing in u.s.a due to gc retro.we have to use popular media like t.v and internet as much as possible to get fellow victims and would-be victims know about us.yesterday i have posted in various communities like 'indians in america','hyderbadi's abroad' in orkut.com about immigrationvoice.org.similarly we can target many social networking sites,rediff.com,yahoo.com and other websites.chain mails like forwarding the plight of gc victims to all other friends and so on...and sending offline messsages through yahoo messenger etc .what say ???
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
himu73 will become famous soon enough himu73 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy For every reaction/view

I have observed senior members constantly heckling anyone trying put their views asking "Have you given any contribution ?" "How have you contributed to any work?" This is a democratic cause and i think we not heckle people. It will erode the support base. We need to understand that out of all the members only few percent will contribute. Constant repsonses to people expresssing their view will either drive people away or will not allow more creative ideas to come out. Take this case. It is a very good idea to go to Indian channels. I would expect a response like "Lets approach them and try to convince about our cause" (I know when i am writing this, next post will be why dont you try clling. I am ready but such a responce will dampen anyones spirit. Consider our activity like a profit center. More people and ideas is the driving force.Money is important but people who understnad the cause wont wait to contribute anyway.
Hope this make sense and we have more positive posts !!!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Ideas are dozen a dime irrespective of whether they are good/bad. As you observed that this is a good idea and IV has already approached websites like rediff/sulekha, only to be asked for enoromous amounts of money for featuring IV on their website. So we need $$$ via contributions or the situation should get so worse that media will write for free.

There are people who come out, say something, throw out an idea and vanish. By challenging their posts and providing them with the right information, we can streamline the zeal and enthusiasm to do something (if they have any). Its not meant to dampen the OP's spirit to work on anything. I feel that the repsonse to OP was lacking information about what IV has done already in this regard. asking for contribution might have made you feel that the response was blunt/heckling. He explained why we need money, like lobbying. IMHO, To get on to the hill and get an amendment the most important thing is $$$. Period.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Compare
nc14 is on a distinguished road
Default For himu73

Himu, I have been following IV for months now and have been doing my small part lately. I wanted to post this because like you I also want other readers to be aware of what other people think of Senior Members. I donít share your sentiments where you say Senior Members have heckled people (I am also a Junior Member). In fact they have been more then helping.

Now, letís talk about the point you have raised. Tell me, which part of janakp's post you found heckling or offensive? To me he is giving the obvious answer, which anyone following the forums should have known already. We can do this, we can do that and of course everything that we can come up with but for everything we need VITAMIN M (DOLLARS).

My friend you must be aware that we are short of it (as you seem to be an avid follower of IV). As far as I understand we barely have the money for lobbying. So, I ask you what would be your response to any idea, which needs money to be fulfilled?

Just want to make sure over here .You think janakp telling nath.exists to start contributing (if he is not already doing so) to achieve our common goals is heckling Check for yourself?

$60 + $20 (recurring contribution)

Quote:
Originally Posted by himu73
I have observed senior members constantly heckling anyone trying put their views asking "Have you given any contribution ?" "How have you contributed to any work?" This is a democratic cause and i think we not heckle people. It will erode the support base. We need to understand that out of all the members only few percent will contribute. Constant repsonses to people expresssing their view will either drive people away or will not allow more creative ideas to come out. Take this case. It is a very good idea to go to Indian channels. I would expect a response like "Lets approach them and try to convince about our cause" (I know when i am writing this, next post will be why dont you try clling. I am ready but such a responce will dampen anyones spirit. Consider our activity like a profit center. More people and ideas is the driving force.Money is important but people who understnad the cause wont wait to contribute anyway.
Hope this make sense and we have more positive posts !!!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guys spread the message of issues in Hyderabad IT community

For last 48 hours, I have been spreading word in Hrderabad IT community about the latest H1-B issues & subsequent EB issues . Since recent H1-B issues has caused a lot of stirr, I am getting much better response at this time. We need members & they may be anywhere in the world. Once we have members, we will get more visibility & contribution.

SO PLEASE TRY TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE IN ALL IT COMMUNITIES IN THE WORLD ABOUT ISSUES & HOW IV IS FIGHTING THE CHALLANGE

We must have 100,000 members in a short time

Thanks

Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs
For last 48 hours, I have been spreading word in Hrderabad IT community about the latest H1-B issues & subsequent EB issues . Since recent H1-B issues has caused a lot of stirr, I am getting much better response at this time. We need members & they may be anywhere in the world. Once we have members, we will get more visibility & contribution.

SO PLEASE TRY TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE IN ALL IT COMMUNITIES IN THE WORLD ABOUT ISSUES & HOW IV IS FIGHTING THE CHALLANGE

We must have 100,000 members in a short time

Thanks
Thanks.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
himu73 will become famous soon enough himu73 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc14
Himu, I have been following IV for months now and have been doing my small part lately. I wanted to post this because like you I also want other readers to be aware of what other people think of Senior Members. I donít share your sentiments where you say Senior Members have heckled people (I am also a Junior Member). In fact they have been more then helping.

Now, letís talk about the point you have raised. Tell me, which part of janakp's post you found heckling or offensive? To me he is giving the obvious answer, which anyone following the forums should have known already. We can do this, we can do that and of course everything that we can come up with but for everything we need VITAMIN M (DOLLARS).

My friend you must be aware that we are short of it (as you seem to be an avid follower of IV). As far as I understand we barely have the money for lobbying. So, I ask you what would be your response to any idea, which needs money to be fulfilled?

Just want to make sure over here .You think janakp telling nath.exists to start contributing (if he is not already doing so) to achieve our common goals is heckling Check for yourself?

$60 + $20 (recurring contribution)

I understand your point. Only thing i wanted to suggest is that we should give response related to the question. Contribution is an integral part of what we need to do. People who are here understand that whether they are contributing or not.