Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
andy_traps is on a distinguished road
Default What's going on? Any updates?

Folks,

Does anyone know what's going on with the immigration bills? The last 3 weeks saw some new bills introduced in Congress. But no action seems to be taken or planned for these bills!

Matthew Oh has posted a link to SKIL Act of 2007 on his blog. I don't know what to make of this posting -- does it mean that it has been introduced in the Senate in the sense that it is ready for debate? Or does it mean that it has just been assigned a bill number and is now ready to catch dust.

Does anyone have any updates to share with the rest of us?

Thanks,
Andy
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light

I asked this question few days ago but no one responded. I guess nothing is going on. Why do they waste tax payers money by introducing bills and not acting on them.

Any way, pack your bags or wait for ten years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_traps
Folks,

Does anyone know what's going on with the immigration bills? The last 3 weeks saw some new bills introduced in Congress. But no action seems to be taken or planned for these bills!

Matthew Oh has posted a link to SKIL Act of 2007 on his blog. I don't know what to make of this posting -- does it mean that it has been introduced in the Senate in the sense that it is ready for debate? Or does it mean that it has just been assigned a bill number and is now ready to catch dust.

Does anyone have any updates to share with the rest of us?

Thanks,
Andy

Old 04-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Patience my lovelies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuram
I asked this question few days ago but no one responded. I guess nothing is going on. Why do they waste tax payers money by introducing bills and not acting on them.

--
Patience my lovelies. This may be the calm before the storm, who knows.
Per some news report, a debate has been scheduled on Senate floor to debate a comprehensive immigration reform bill during last two weeks of May'07

Old 04-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vagish will become famous soon enough vagish will become famous soon enough
Default other bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
--
Patience my lovelies. This may be the calm before the storm, who knows.
Per some news report, a debate has been scheduled on Senate floor to debate a comprehensive immigration reform bill during last two weeks of May'07
the other immigration bills are introduced by republicans, not with democratic support, so those bills are going no where. Only hope is STRIVE!!

thanks

Old 04-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default Bills intro

http://hammondlawgroup.blogspot.com/

Friday, April 13, 2007

Bills Introduced

There have been two bills introduced which may help our cause and are surely of interest to readers of this Blog.

The first is a re-introduction of the SKIL Bill (S. 1083). The text of the bill has not yet been released to the public. It is expected that this will contain the same retrogression-elimination language that was contained in the 2006 version of the bill. The bill was introduced by Senator Cornyn and cosponsors include Senators Allard (R-CO), Bennett (R-UT), Hutchison (R-TX), and Lott (R-MS). As readers of this blog may be aware, Sen. Hutchison has long been a leader on Schedule A visa reform.

The second bill (S. 1092) seeks to immediately raise the H-1 quota, and was proposed directly as a result of last week’s immediately-reached H-1 visa cap. Sen. Hagel is the sponsor of this bill. The text of this bill is unavailable at this time as well.

Both bills shortly should be available on THOMAS.

UPDATE: As expected the 2007 version of the SKIL Bill contains favorable language.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of
Default true democracy

I guess this is true democracy. Politicians just don't act. This is the reason why so many countries are still not democracies.
Keep the hopes up. Sometime we all will see relief.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
brb2 will become famous soon enough brb2 will become famous soon enough

Politians will act when they think it is time to act. It is already known that the CIR is planned for second half of May in the senate. Why would they want to lay it out in detail and have those against conduct minute analysis and attack it. So they will only reveal the content closer to the debate.

It is clear Nancy Pelosi has told Bush, if you want it, deliver me the Republican votes and then I will schedule it. She is not going to spend her political capital on CIR. She knows Democrats will vote for it, but republicans will play both sides and she does not want it to happen. The senator who are elected for 6 years (as opposed for 2 years in the house) are less affected by short term public opinion and do what is right for the country. Even there Presidential hopefuls change their tune, like McCain. He was too left of the republican party and now he is moving too much to the right and will please no one, just like Romney.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the wonderful pointers that can enlighten people.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakp
Yes I have a BIG update.

Let us not ask for any updates on our site. IV core should not be forced to post update on the site.

I happened to see
our thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3563 (Plan B)

quoted on Alipac site.
http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...&highlight=h1b

They even note down our small ideas
http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...&highlight=h1b

They watch every action and block our attempts. We need to be patient and not ask IV core to give us updates ahead of time. If you read their forum, you will know that when we post about a bill or a senator, these guys also call those lawmakers and start opposing the work we did. So please do not keep asking for updates ahead of time.
Funny!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Janakp, you are now probably on their crosshairs. Their members on our site will hate you for spying!!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

JP,

Will you be our Leonardo Dicaprio of The Departed? We already have Matt Damon(s) here on our forum. Just kidding

Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trap

Atleast, Janak was bold enough to be straight forward.

Last edited by gsc999; 04-19-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-00
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of
Default cant you ask the same question in your home country

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuram

Y cant you ask the same question in your home country assuming it is India
you wont get any reply not in 100 years

Y cant you ask the same question in your home country assuming it is India
you wont get any reply not in 100 years

Old 04-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Default Bold & the Beautiful

[quote=boldm28]Y cant you ask the same question in your home country assuming it is India
you wont get any reply not in 100 years[/QUOTE
---
baldm28:

Cz Raju pays taxes in US.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default Here is something to chew on .........

Go to http://www.shusterman.com/

Got some updates as to whats going on behind the curtains ..

Gear up & give sometime to fight against the anti-immg groups who have already started contacting the law makers & congressmen ......