Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 86
up_guy is a jewel in the rough up_guy is a jewel in the rough up_guy is a jewel in the rough up_guy is a jewel in the rough
Default Senate & House Voting Schedule

Guys, we keep seeing lots of messages of introduction of several bills in house/senate, but do we know what is their voting schedule in the congress, if they have any..

Thanks for help
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 81
vagish will become famous soon enough vagish will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by up_guy
Guys, we keep seeing lots of messages of introduction of several bills in house/senate, but do we know what is their voting schedule in the congress, if they have any..

Thanks for help
expect the CIR , all other are waste bills, they will never be voted, only hope is CIR.

thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 356
gcnirvana is on a distinguished road
Default

I am not sure about the voting schedule but the immigration bill will be debated in the Senate during the last two weeks of May.

I read this in USA Today:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., has set aside the last two weeks of May for debate on an immigration bill; House Democrats hope to act before the August recess.
--------
__________________
____________________________
Member of WA State Chapter
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WA_Immigration_Voice
Prior Contributions: $500+
Monthly Contribution: $25
Greened on 9/3/10
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 526
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future
Default

Now I have started to feel nothing is going to happen. They all want to show us carrots, but we'll get sticks. I'm feeling down I am writing a very old hindi song sung by ishore Kumar. I feel as if this song was written for for all of us. I'm sorry for writing this here, but I wanted to share this, as I have this CD in my car and whenever I hear it, I feel I need to share with you guys.

Dukhi mun mere sun mera kehna. jahan nahee chaina wahan nahee rehna
oh my sad soul do not live where there's no peace.

dard hamara koi naa jaane aapne garaj ke sab hain diwane
Nobody feels our pain, everybody here is selfish

kise aage rona roye des paraya log begane
infront of whom you are crying, it is an alien country and alien people

Dukhi mun mere sun mera kehna. jahan nahee chaina wahan nahee rehna
oh my sad soul do not live where there's no peace.

apne liye yeh sab hain mele hum hai hurek mele mein akele
for me all these celeberations are meaningless as I'm alone here

kya payega isme reh ke jo duniya jeevan se kele
what will you get living in this word where people play with lives

Dukhi mun mere sun mera kehna. jahan nahee chaina wahan nahee rehna
oh my sad soul do not live where there's no peace.

Last edited by mirage; 04-20-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 748
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Kishore Kumar

Well said sir.

It really paints a true picture for all of us.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 941
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stop Singing Start "Ringing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage

Dukhi mun mere sun mera kehna. jahan nahee chaina wahan nahee rehna
[B
oh my sad soul do not live where there's no peace.[/b]
---
Mirage: Thanks for sharing but it seems many others have the same CD. But I am no mood to listen to melancolic songs! Now is the time for action!

Btw, I have made a note of your singing abilities and definitely call you for a conference call after we discover that we were all singing songs when instead, we should have been ringing our congress reps for support for our bills.

Please Stop singing the blues and START Ringing(calling) the congress reps.
__________________
To Join Northern California Chapter, visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NC_Immigration_Voice/

Last edited by gsc999; 04-20-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 526
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future
Default

I have met the congressmen of my area, in person, have called senators of my state. I think singing and ringing can go hand in hand don't you sometime listen to music at work ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
---
Mirage: Thanks for sharing but it seems many others have the same CD. But I am no mood to listen to melancolic songs! Now is the time for action!
...
Please Stop singing the blues and START Ringing(calling) the congress reps.

Last edited by mirage; 04-20-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 941
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage
I have met the congressmen of my area, in person, have called senators of my state. I think singing and ringing can go hand in hand don't you sometime listen to music at work ?
__________________
To Join Northern California Chapter, visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NC_Immigration_Voice/
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/12/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 89
gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold
Default SJC Immigration Oversight Hearings

Per Mattheww Oh's web site, Senate Judiciary Subcommittee Immigration Oversight Hearings were held on 04/19/2007 and 04/20/2007. I haven't read the details yet. The details are at http://www.immigration-law.com/
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 159
voldemar will become famous soon enough voldemar will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_bucs
Per Mattheww Oh's web site, Senate Judiciary Subcommittee Immigration Oversight Hearings were held on 04/19/2007 and 04/20/2007. I haven't read the details yet. The details are at http://www.immigration-law.com/
I believe it was House committee hearing http://judiciary.house.gov/oversight.aspx?ID=299
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 813
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts
Default

No bill was introduced in Senate. Where is the question of voting? If anti immigrants some how make waste these 2 weeks of time in Senate then there will not be enough time to discuss. Now 60% chance. If no bill is introduced in Senate before end of may it will come down to 40%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemar
I believe it was House committee hearing http://judiciary.house.gov/oversight.aspx?ID=299
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4
johnifanx98 is on a distinguished road
Default there will be a bill introduced into Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1
No bill was introduced in Senate. Where is the question of voting? If anti immigrants some how make waste these 2 weeks of time in Senate then there will not be enough time to discuss. Now 60% chance. If no bill is introduced in Senate before end of may it will come down to 40%.
http://www.immigrateusa.us/index.php...=866&Itemid=63
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 356
gcnirvana is on a distinguished road
Default Link doesn't work

johnifanx98,
Please update the link. It doesn't work.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnifanx98
__________________
____________________________
Member of WA State Chapter
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WA_Immigration_Voice
Prior Contributions: $500+
Monthly Contribution: $25
Greened on 9/3/10
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 469
msp1976 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1
No bill was introduced in Senate. Where is the question of voting? If anti immigrants some how make waste these 2 weeks of time in Senate then there will not be enough time to discuss. Now 60% chance. If no bill is introduced in Senate before end of may it will come down to 40%.
The S 9 was introduced in the first day of senate..
They are gonna fill up the language any time they like...
One fine day you are gonna wake up and find the bill getting debated...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Schedule of H1B/L1 reform bill introduced in the Senate starscream IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 2 05-11-2009 05:49 PM
Senate CIR versus House Immigration Bill starscream IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 14 05-30-2007 10:43 PM
House Schedule for Next week! god_bless_you IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 13 12-03-2006 02:42 PM
Question about Webfax for House/Senate Members arnet Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 2 06-12-2006 05:16 PM
House-Senate Conference Committee lonedesi IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 26 05-29-2006 01:07 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org