Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
babu123 can only hope to improve
Default Start date with new employer

Company B applied H1B tranfer petition for me two weeks back. Our documents went to USCIS, and we didnt received receipt notice yet. To my surprise the filing fee check is also not yet encashed.

Can anyone of you please let me know, if I can start working with company B now or wait until we get the receipt notice. What is the USCIS guidelines with the start date during H1B transfer.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Many people wait until they at least receive the receipt notice but nothing stops you from starting with the new employer as soon as the petition is submitted (you may need to provide proof of this submission) as per AC21.

(I am not an attorney so please contact your lawyer for confirmation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu123
Company B applied H1B tranfer petition for me two weeks back. Our documents went to USCIS, and we didnt received receipt notice yet. To my surprise the filing fee check is also not yet encashed.

Can anyone of you please let me know, if I can start working with company B now or wait until we get the receipt notice. What is the USCIS guidelines with the start date during H1B transfer.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
babu123 can only hope to improve

Do you have any link where the guidelines are?

Old 04-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munshi75 has a spectacular aura about Munshi75 has a spectacular aura about Munshi75 has a spectacular aura about
Default Wait for the receipt :

Check with your attorney first about your paper and make sure that it is still not sitting on his table in the pile of papers.