Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
shekhar10c is on a distinguished road

Hey people , i need help. as EB-3 is current , my spouse who is on H4 ,applied for change of status(H-4 to F-1) ,so can i file her papers along wth mine in I-485 or not?
Reply soon!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Deepika is just really nice Deepika is just really nice Deepika is just really nice Deepika is just really nice

Dear Friends,

Ho my god i am going mad, really cant believe it. Am i really seeing it "C". By the way let me tell you, I was following this site and this thread all these days with a heavy heart because i missed my H1 three times in a row. In 2005 missed it by 2 days, then came to US on H4. in 2006 my papers reached on 27th may and this time i applied on march 31st thinking i would not miss it. But then dint get selected in lottery. I started preparing for interview thinking i would go back to India, and now cant belelive it is current.

I would want to thank everyone on this site. sometimes messages on this site were very encouraging to move on. A very nice group.

Our PD is EB2 - India - oct 2005

Deepika

Old 06-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcdeal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar10c
Hey people , i need help. as EB-3 is current , my spouse who is on H4 ,applied for change of status(H-4 to F-1) ,so can i file her papers along wth mine in I-485 or not?
Reply soon!!!!!!

I my view, your wife should be on H4 for Adjust of Status. Withdrawn her change of status if possible. Again, consult a good lawyer.

Note: These are just my views. Don't take my words as granted.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
legal_la will become famous soon enough

I know it is great joy for everyone but we should not forget the things we all went through and going through and keep fighting to improve the immigration system.

quick question, my wife is in india, can she get her medical tests get done there? if anyone knows the answer I would appreciate a reply. thanks in advance.

Enjoy the moment ....
contributed $400 so far

Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Cool Get moving now....

Here is a list of things you need to get together.
Good Luck and wish me luck as well.

- AA

Completed I-485 form for Primary applicant and spouse
Medical Examination Results for both Principal applicant and spouse --
eight (8) photographs taken in accordance with the USCIS specifications for both Principal applicant and spouse
Copy of each family memberís current Visa stamp and I-94 departure record card
Long form birth certificate of Principal applicant and all dependents (Spouse, kids, pets like dogs, cats etc )
Marriage certificate
Copy of each family memberís passport, current and cancelled including blank pages.
Copy of each EAD cards if any of all the applicants
Copy of I-20ís if any of all applicants
Copy of all I-797 approval notices if any of all applicants
Copy of US Drivers license of all applicants
Copy of SSN cards of both Principal applicant and spouse

--------------------
Copy of Divorce decree if applicable
Copy of reocrds of any legal convictions etc.

For medical exam make an appointment using this link:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...45f3d6 a1RCRD

Marriage Certificate:
If you dont have a marriage certificate from the proper municipal authority.
Two affidavits of marriage from one parent each of principal and spouse in lieu of Marriage certificate

Birth Certificate:
If you dont have a long form birth certificate
- Non Availibility certificate from the local municipal authority stating that the Birth record could not be found in the registers,
Two affidavits from either your parents or relatives who were present at the birth. Make sure you research on the correct format for the affidavits

If you have a long form birth certificate which was issued recently
Then you still need Two affidavits from either your parents or relatives who were present at the birth along with the Long form birth certificate

"Affidavit would apply to your case only if you are unable to provide a long version of your birth certificate which is a document that was issued at the time of birth and lists your full name as well as the full names of each parent. If a long form birth certificate does not exist, then a letter from the municipality of your home country is required to state whether a record or birth does or does not exist. In addition to the letter from the municipality two affidavits of birth according to the format offered below would be required."

Most aliens who have pending applications for immigration benefits or for changes in nonimmigrant status need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. Aliens applying for advance parole on the basis of a pending application for adjustment of status must be approved for advance parole prior to leaving the United States in order to avoid the termination of their pending application for adjustment. Note: this does not apply to aliens who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who maintain H-1B (Specialty Worker) or L-1 (Intracompany Transferee) status, or their dependents, who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have valid H-1B or L status and valid visas. Please note that the USCIS normally requires that the applicants for adjustment of status traveling on H or L visas carry with them the receipt for filing Form I-485. It usually takes no longer than four weeks to receive a receipt for filing Form I-485 from the USCIS.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crazycanuck is on a distinguished road
Default Great News

MY GC application is going through the US consulate in Canada as I am a Canadian....is there any advantage to this?? will it be completed quicker??

Old 06-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
madhurib is on a distinguished road

I am the expecting the visa bulletin for EB2 will be current according to murthy bulletin

Old 06-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of
Smile All Current!!!

WTF Happened???????????

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3258.html

Old 06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Compare
nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar10c
Reply soon!!!!!!

F 1 is not a dual intent visa. So I dont think you can file for I-485. I might be wrong , please confirm with someone more experienced.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sree1965 is on a distinguished road

YES....You can file.

Sree

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat23
F 1 is not a dual intent visa. So I dont think you can file for I-485. I might be wrong , please confirm with someone more experienced.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Compare
rkartik78 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Lawyer fees

Hello ,
I wanted to know an approximate estimate as to how much the attorney might charge as a part of their fees. This is excluding the USICS filing fees. In my case, I am going to pay for getting my I485 done for me and my wife. My case is handled by my company attorney and I was wondering what everyone out there would be charging now with EB being current.
Any advice and help in this issue is really appreciated.
Thanks

Old 06-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
arihant will become famous soon enough
Default Ask her to come back ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by legal_la
I know it is great joy for everyone but we should not forget the things we all went through and going through and keep fighting to improve the immigration system.

quick question, my wife is in india, can she get her medical tests get done there? if anyone knows the answer I would appreciate a reply. thanks in advance.

Enjoy the moment ....
You need to get the medical done through a USCIS approved doctor here if you want to file 485 (AOS) for her. This whole application process with the medical exam takes 3-4 weeks. So, ask her to come back ASAP. She can apply for AP and travel back to India a few months later. But, if you/she miss this boat now, you will be stuck for a LONG time.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat23
he can file. My wife is in the same boat. They can reject F1 but not 485

Old 06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
legal_la will become famous soon enough
Default wife in India

thank you for the reply arihant.

The problem is she needs to get her visa renewed and there are no appointments until next month.

I am planning to prepare all the documents required including my medical examination and I will be going to India. I am cutting short our trip and coming back early sometime around july 15th and get the medical examination for her (it is taking around 3 to 4 days here in LA) and submit everything so that the petition reaches USCIS few days before 30th.
contributed $400 so far

Old 06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
continuedProgress is infamous around these parts

You can file 485 while on F1. - as per my wife's school intl student office. They strongly recommend enrolling FT and following all rules for maintaining F1 status until 485 is approved.
However they were unsure of
1. travel consequences.
2. impact on status if 485 is denied.

Hope that helps.

Closed Thread