Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1246 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Italy
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 38
maristella61 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasantha View Post
Yes. But I seriously doubt that it will move back. It might move on slowly or stop at Jan 05 for a while. When is your PD?
my priority date is June 2003 and my recipt date of I-485 is May 22 2007.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1247 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 482
CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold
Default

Thatswhy guys with PD July 2001 still waiting for elusive approval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maristella61 View Post
both my PD and RD are now current ( EB3 ROW). What if i don't receive GC during the month of march and April VB retrogresses ? Do I start the waiting game again ?
This is nuts !
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1248 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3
tennisanyone is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi , my PD is October 2003, RD june 12th 07 ROW,
last LUD 08/06/07, waiting
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1249 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 580
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice
Default

With that PD I think you will be OK. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maristella61 View Post
my priority date is June 2003 and my recipt date of I-485 is May 22 2007.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1250 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 243
Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all
Default Number of pending I-485 applications from ROW with PD between Nov 02 and Jan 05??

does anybody have any idea or opinion about the number of pending I-485 applications from ROW ( EB3 only since EB2 being current for w hile)with PD between Nov 02 and Jan 05??

please any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1251 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 580
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice
Default

That my friend is the million dollar question!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan11 View Post
does anybody have any idea or opinion about the number of pending I-485 applications from ROW ( EB3 only since EB2 being current for w hile)with PD between Nov 02 and Jan 05??

please any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1252 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 243
Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all
Default

Lasantha,

are you saying that there is no way we can estimate the number of pending I-485 for ROW with PD for that period?? Perm didn't start till Mar 05 so most people who applied through Perm didn't get their PD maybe till Apr or May 05. so most people with PD between Nov02 and Jan 05 are from before Perm. so if we can find out how much was the backlog for BPC for ROW from before Perm, we can get an answer, right??

I also found this: as of Sep 2006, The DOL's report indicated that they have finalized 50 percent of their original caseload of about 362,000 cases. so if we can estimate the percentage of ROW out that total pending LC, we can have a rough number.

I noticed that you have a pd of Mar05, did you use Perm??
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasantha View Post
That my friend is the million dollar question!!!

Last edited by Hassan11; 02-21-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: adding info
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1253 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 580
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice
Default

Hassan,

Yes now that I look at your reasoning it does make sense. How do we estimate the ROW precenatge from that total?
I think PERM started in the last week of March or in April. My labor was not PERM. It too was in BEC and was approved in Oct/Nov 2006.

Lasantha



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan11 View Post
Lasantha,

are you saying that there is no way we can estimate the number of pending I-485 for ROW with PD for that period?? Perm didn't start till Mar 05 so most people who applied through Perm didn't get their PD maybe till Apr or May 05. so most people with PD between Nov02 and Jan 05 are from before Perm. so if we can find out how much was the backlog for BPC for ROW from before Perm, we can get an answer, right??

I also found this: as of Sep 2006, The DOL's report indicated that they have finalized 50 percent of their original caseload of about 362,000 cases. so if we can estimate the percentage of ROW out that total pending LC, we can have a rough number.

I noticed that you have a pd of Mar05, did you use Perm??
Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1254 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 143
Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice
Smile Approximately 400K EB I485 applications pending

This article is good in understanding the retrogression and time it may take when you get through: (consult the Labor certification numbers)

Total EB visas issued
Pref/Year 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 Average Total
EB1 37,504 66,344 31,140 14,700 33,922 42,997 29,042 36,521 255,649
EB2 22,430 43,412 32,711 15,604 43,390 44,949 20,932 31,918 223,428
EB3 63,365 122,130 88,114 47,354 87,574 90,274 51,711 78,646 550,522
EB4 9,522 10,100 5,016 5,291 6,550 8,128 9,250 7,694 53,857
EB5 802 349 126 71 147 188 231 273 1,914
Total 133623 242335 157107 83020 171583 186536 111166 155,053 1,085,370

Total EB visas issued to India
Pref/Year 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 Average Total
EB1 3,156 6,336 2,998 1,266 2,820 3,543 2,457 3,225 22,576
EB2 3,720 16,687 16,262 8,536 21,310 21,355 7,346 13,602 95,216
EB3 3,181 23,399 19,962 10,680 17,428 16,405 5,567 13,803 96,622
EB4 611 733 274 332 359 406 506 460 3,221
EB5 20 5 0 4 2 11 12 8 54
Total 10688 47160 39496 20818 41919 41720 15888 31,098 217,689

Total number of LC
Year Total India Total
2007 85112 24573
2006 79782 22298
2005 6133 1350
2004 43582 No Info
2003 62912 No Info
2002 79784 No Info
2001 77921 No Info
2000 70204 No Info
Total 505430 No Info

If we assume each LC will have 2 dependents, then total number of applicants that are eligible for GC wil be 505,430*3 = 1,516,290. Subtract this number from total EB visas that were issued between from 2001 to 2006, you wil get 542,086. Assume that 140,000 GCs were issued in 2007, the difference will reduce to 402,086.

Note: These numbers were taken from DHS & FLC websites.

Courtesy :

Here is the link:

http://www..com/discussion-f...141/last-page/

Last edited by Circus123; 02-21-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1255 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1
rabindra123 is on a distinguished road
Default

More than ever before, Americans are suffering from back problems, back taxes, back rent, back auto payments, back mortages. We indians and other immigrants are equally suffering from Visa backlogs, PD backlogs, Name Check backlogs. The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced - so I think we should just ask for Admin Fix first and the rest will be solved, else my estimates are -

PD 2002 - wait 1 year
PD 2002 to 2003 - wait 5 years
PD 2003 to 2005 - wait 7 years
PD 2005 and beyond - wait 10 years or longer

So the option of moving back to India may be an idea or else transition of status from H/L to GC to Death will be almost un-noticed.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1256 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008, 03:48 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
South Korea
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 37
greenlight will become famous soon enough greenlight will become famous soon enough
Default Need hlep w/ figuring out the LUD and RD for EB-3 (ROW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maristella61 View Post
both my PD and RD are now current ( EB3 ROW). What if i don't receive GC during the month of march and April VB retrogresses ? Do I start the waiting game again ?
This is nuts !

Can someone kindly tell me how to find out the LUD and RD for EB-3 (ROW)? Someone mentioned a website, but I couldn't figure out how to get that info.
My PD is 12/04 and RD is 8/07.
Thanks.
__________________
$$ contributior for the DC ralley in Sept. 07

EB-3 (South Korea)
PD-12/4/04
RIR approved- Sept. 06

I-485, EAD & AP sent to NSC - 7/24/07
Receipt notices issued for I-485, EAD & AP-8/21/07
Checks cleared for I-485, EAD, AP, & FP- 8/24/07

Fingerprinting- 9/17/07
EAD approved- 9/26/07
AP approved- 11/2/07
I-140 approved-12/26/07 (filed @ NSC on 1/18/07)
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1257 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 243
Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all
Default Question

Circus123,

I have a question regarding the numbers in your message

Total number of LC
Year Total India Total
2007 85112 24573
2006 79782 22298
2005 6133 1350
2004 43582 No Info
2003 62912 No Info
2002 79784 No Info
2001 77921 No Info
2000 70204 No Info
Total 505430 No Info


from these numbers it seems that India LC represents between 22%-29% of total LC on average every year. do you have any idea of the percentage or the total number of LC for ROW?? or can you point me in a direction where to get those numbers??
can we assume the % of Chinese LC and maybe that way we can assume % of LC for ROW??
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus123 View Post
This article is good in understanding the retrogression and time it may take when you get through: (consult the Labor certification numbers)

Total EB visas issued
Pref/Year 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 Average Total
EB1 37,504 66,344 31,140 14,700 33,922 42,997 29,042 36,521 255,649
EB2 22,430 43,412 32,711 15,604 43,390 44,949 20,932 31,918 223,428
EB3 63,365 122,130 88,114 47,354 87,574 90,274 51,711 78,646 550,522
EB4 9,522 10,100 5,016 5,291 6,550 8,128 9,250 7,694 53,857
EB5 802 349 126 71 147 188 231 273 1,914
Total 133623 242335 157107 83020 171583 186536 111166 155,053 1,085,370

Total EB visas issued to India
Pref/Year 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 Average Total
EB1 3,156 6,336 2,998 1,266 2,820 3,543 2,457 3,225 22,576
EB2 3,720 16,687 16,262 8,536 21,310 21,355 7,346 13,602 95,216
EB3 3,181 23,399 19,962 10,680 17,428 16,405 5,567 13,803 96,622
EB4 611 733 274 332 359 406 506 460 3,221
EB5 20 5 0 4 2 11 12 8 54
Total 10688 47160 39496 20818 41919 41720 15888 31,098 217,689

Total number of LC
Year Total India Total
2007 85112 24573
2006 79782 22298
2005 6133 1350
2004 43582 No Info
2003 62912 No Info
2002 79784 No Info
2001 77921 No Info
2000 70204 No Info
Total 505430 No Info

If we assume each LC will have 2 dependents, then total number of applicants that are eligible for GC wil be 505,430*3 = 1,516,290. Subtract this number from total EB visas that were issued between from 2001 to 2006, you wil get 542,086. Assume that 140,000 GCs were issued in 2007, the difference will reduce to 402,086.

Note: These numbers were taken from DHS & FLC websites.

Courtesy :

Here is the link:

http://www..com/discussion-f...141/last-page/
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1258 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 143
Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan11 View Post
Circus123,

I have a question regarding the numbers in your message

Total number of LC
Year Total India Total
2007 85112 24573
2006 79782 22298
2005 6133 1350
2004 43582 No Info
2003 62912 No Info
2002 79784 No Info
2001 77921 No Info
2000 70204 No Info
Total 505430 No Info


from these numbers it seems that India LC represents between 22%-29% of total LC on average every year. do you have any idea of the percentage or the total number of LC for ROW?? or can you point me in a direction where to get those numbers??
can we assume the % of Chinese LC and maybe that way we can assume % of LC for ROW??
Thanks


I can just guess 8-10 % would be LC's for China. Not sure if this helps.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1259 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 580
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice
Default

Go to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/logoff.do and create an account for yourself using your Receipt Number.


Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight View Post
Can someone kindly tell me how to find out the LUD and RD for EB-3 (ROW)? Someone mentioned a website, but I couldn't figure out how to get that info.
My PD is 12/04 and RD is 8/07.
Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #1260 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 243
Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all
Default Guess Estimate of pending I-485 application for EB3 ROW

This is just a guess estimate of the percentage of LC for India and China from Circus123's numbers: 30%-39%

from 2002-2005, we have about 192,411 LC total, which means about 117,371 to 134,688 LC for ROW (including Mexico)

this means we have maybe a little more than 134,688 pending I-485 application with PD between last VB cut off date Nov 01 and Mar VB cut off date Jan 05. 99% of those pending 485s are from EB3 ROW since EB2 ROW being current for a while and I assume there is no backlog on those.

This doesn't give a lot of hope of future movement of cutoff date for EB3 ROW till maybe Oct VB

again, this is just an estimate and it can be wrong. if you think otherwise, please provide your feedback or opinion.
Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus123 View Post
I can just guess 8-10 % would be LC's for China. Not sure if this helps.
Bookmark and Share Compare


Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DECEMBER Visa Bulletin Predictions! willIWill Analysis Discussion 81 11-07-2009 01:28 PM
May 2009 Visa Bulletin Predictions GCmuddu_H1BVaddu Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 103 04-09-2009 06:47 PM
March Visa bulletin predictions MONCYS Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 123 02-11-2009 02:35 PM
Dec 2008 visa bulletin predictions gcdreamer05 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 49 11-07-2008 06:00 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org